(Topic ID: 96942)

Candy Apple Shooter Rods by Modfather now available....

By modfather

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 179 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by modfather
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20141117_160008_721.jpg
shrek random.jpg
shrek vertical.jpg
image-954.jpg
image.jpg
TZ Shooter Rod.JPG
CFTBL Shooter Rod.JPG
METLE Shooter Rod.JPG
266088-i.jpeg
imv212.png
IMG_2021.JPG
20141002_201019.jpg
20141002_201019-1.jpg
20140810_150056-58.jpg
20140810_150104.jpg
20140810_150259.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

These are SCHA-weet MODfather! Do you guys recommend just getting a new rod for these or smashing off the old one and reusing it??

They come with the rod.

#51 9 years ago

Question, how does the wood and paint handle the constant contact with the outer spring? The inner spring generates quite a bit of force when the shooter knob encounters that outer spring. Is there a steel washer imbeded in the wood?

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

As a matter of fact , Yes it does have a metal washer glued to the base of the handle. Once the handles have been painted and dipped in clear coat a million times, then I epoxy the metal rod onto the handle. When I push the shooter rod down into the hole , some glue oozes out. I then smear that glue around the base and slide a metal washer down, so it glues the washer to the rod and handle together , making it very strong. This way the washer hits the spring when on the ball is launched.

Thanks, that might be a good thing to show and describe.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from Quiddity:

It's a her, who also happens to be Frax's wife - and lover of all things colorful and fruity.

That's even MORE reason to be nice.

1 week later
#97 9 years ago

Hey modfather, could you do a gold leaf small? Looking to dress up the front of my Avatar LE, the front of the cab is very dark and I play in a dark room so the gold leaf would make it easy to "find" the shooter knob.

#101 9 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Sure I could do a gold leaf shooter, just pay the difference of what it would cost me for materials. Its not much , about 10 bucks I think. I would go with a small or medium . I can do a gold painted handles mixed in with ultra fine gold glitter paint in a horizontal or vertical pattern, would look great. Its the hand painted application that makes these shooters stand out and give them originality. No shooters are exactly the same, unlike glueing some type of a toy to the end of a shooter rod. These are individually handmade for each person and their corresponding game of choice.

That's not bad, it would be worth an extra $10. PM me the total cost for a small, gold leaf one and where to send the payment. I think it would look way cool with all that clear on it.

#122 9 years ago

How's my gold leaf shooter coming? Is it real gold leaf?

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I haven't received your paypal ...my address is [email protected] and yes it will be real gold leaf....I have to spread a thin layer of glue over the handle , then gently apply the super thin gold leaf paper, then dip in a clear coat a million times....voila' a one of a kind shooter

Info and payment sent to the corrected address. When gold leaf is done right it looks WOW!! Thanks. Now if you could embed some real diamonds under that clear.......

1 week later
#131 9 years ago

Hey modfather, could you post a picture of mine before you ship it? Thanks.

#137 9 years ago

Real gold, that looks soooo cool thank you. Can't wait.

2 weeks later
#144 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Trying to install mine today on stern machines....do I need to remove the copper sleeve on the housing? Mine are not fitting and have tested all of them.

No you shouldn't have to mine fit just fine in my Avatar. You got a bum rod I think.

2 weeks later
#147 9 years ago

I forgot to tell you Modfather how great the gold leaf shooter is. Very easy to see in a dark room.

2 months later
2 months later
#174 9 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I saw a bunch of these at the APE was very impressed , and Chuck is a super good guy too. You can buy em at Mezel mods

I have the real gold leaf one on my Avatar LE and have gotten many compliments on it.....especially when I tell them it's real gold they are touching...well under the clear that is.

1 month later
#178 9 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Thanks for all of the positive comments. I really do like making these , as they are all hand painted to custom match the colors on the pinball machine I am creating these for. These can be purchased through mezelmods and are a great price at only 42 bucks. There are not any custom shooters out there for less than 50 bucks each, fortunately mine are. I hope you guys like them.

I get a lot of compliment on the real gold leaf shooter on my Avatar LE. It's a nice contrast to the chrome shooter housing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, AR
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-shooter-rods-by-modfather-now-available?tu=mustangpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.