(Topic ID: 96942)

Candy Apple Shooter Rods by Modfather now available....

By modfather

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 179 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by modfather
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20141117_160008_721.jpg
shrek random.jpg
shrek vertical.jpg
image-954.jpg
image.jpg
TZ Shooter Rod.JPG
CFTBL Shooter Rod.JPG
METLE Shooter Rod.JPG
266088-i.jpeg
imv212.png
IMG_2021.JPG
20141002_201019.jpg
20141002_201019-1.jpg
20140810_150056-58.jpg
20140810_150104.jpg
20140810_150259.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider modfather.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

These beautiful handmade shooter rods are created using a combination of paints of various colors, carefully blending them on to a solid wooden handle, then dipped in clear coat over 20 times to give it a thick lacquer coat with great durability and deep mirror finish. The shooter handles are 1 1/2 inch diameter, ( ping pong ball size ) , and has a great feel when launching the ball. These shooters are not game specific and will look spectacular on any machine. Universal fit for Bally/ Williams and newer Stern machines. Compared to other custom shooters (50-70 dollars plus shipping), these are only 42 dollars each, mediums available for 48 ( 2 inch dia.) including shipping nationwide. I would like everyone to have at least one of these in their collection. Please specify corresponding number to the shooter when ordering. My Paypal is [email protected]

20140710_212425.jpg20140710_212425.jpg20140710_212558.jpg20140710_212558.jpg20140710_212629.jpg20140710_212629.jpg20140710_212640.jpg20140710_212640.jpg20140710_213457.jpg20140710_213457.jpg

20140710_213558.jpg20140710_213558.jpg
20140710_213632.jpg20140710_213632.jpg
20140710_214236.jpg20140710_214236.jpg

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I already bought #5

I have multiple quantities on all the colors. So no worries if anyone has already ordered a specific one. I posted each one with an assigned # strictly for ordering reference.
The Modfather

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

You know, of the 8 machines in my house, only 3 have shooter rods... and the one that I'd want one of these for is a Gottlieb which isn't listed as compatible. Do you have any idea if one of these would fit on a Stargate?

I'm using standard 3/8 rods that are listed as universal, should fit Gottlieb as well...

#24 9 years ago

All you Metallica fans out there - hold on!!!..... I have a game specific colors introduced into this shooter rod, using neon green, purple and orange. Will post pics tonight.

#33 9 years ago

metallica fans your shooter rod has been made. I used neon green, fire orange , and deep purple with black ....clear coated multiple times for that mirror finish , we all love and deserve on our beloved pins...these do look pretty cool , as I just picked up a new MET myself and lovin the game. After looking closely at my own game ..the key colors are green , orange and purple. I love the color scheme and it blends perfectly with the game. With the traditional style of the shooter rod , it will feel "right" and not like some toy glued to a rod. Shown is the small and the medium at a 2 inch diameter. Welcome back some tradition to pinball, the round shooter....good stuff my friend

20140711_234438.jpg20140711_234438.jpg
20140711_234521.jpg20140711_234521.jpg
20140711_234552.jpg20140711_234552.jpg

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I'd be interested in solid colors, i.e. red, purple, green, etc. The color combos look good, but I'd prefer a simple look. Possible?

Yes! I can make solid colors or any color combination at no extra charge for custom orders. I have over 100 different colors of paint and 6 different colors of glitter. I can make custom orders if needed. Considering the wide variety of colors and styles, I thought I had it all covered. So whatever you pinball guys want , I will make it happen and happy to oblige any specific requests. I can also run the swirl pattern horizontally or vertical as well. I will be introducing two new larger sizes: 1 3/4" and a 2" round diameter (about the size of a tangerine) as well. The larger sizes are for you pinball adventurists that live on the edge.

#44 9 years ago

To Canada extra $10 shipping
Australia, New Zealand and Europe $15.

#45 9 years ago

I have more colors and different sizes now available (Small 1 1/2", Medium 2", Large 2 1/2")
Small - $35
Medium - $40
Large - $45

Please specify the corresponding color # and size selection when ordering.

20-21-22.jpg20-21-22.jpg
22-23-24.jpg22-23-24.jpg
25-26-27-med.jpg25-26-27-med.jpg
28-29-30-med.jpg28-29-30-med.jpg
30-31-32-med.jpg30-31-32-med.jpg
33-34 lg 1.jpg33-34 lg 1.jpg
35-36-lg.jpg35-36-lg.jpg
37-38-lg.jpg37-38-lg.jpg
39-40-lg.jpg39-40-lg.jpg
41-42-lg.jpg41-42-lg.jpg

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

These are SCHA-weet MODfather! Do you guys recommend just getting a new rod for these or smashing off the old one and reusing it??

The shooter rods I am providing come complete with the painted handle epoxied to a new shooter rod , I also include a new rubber shooter tip and a new e-clamp. When installing your new rod, cut off your old tip with a razor blade, pull back the large spring inside the machine, then grap a pair of pliers and pull your old e-clip off. This will release the large spring, washers , etc. Put your new shooter in, large spring , washers etc the same way. You will be reusing your springs and washers. If you break your e-clamp when removing it , I supplied a new one just in case. I also supply a new rubber tip as you had to cut off the old one. Installation should take 5-10 minutes, pretty easy stuff.

#53 9 years ago

I have #7 on my LOTR, and #6 on my ST, #5 on my ACDC, #29 on my WOZ, and the MET shooter
I gotta say the brown tones with copper glitter looks really sharp on my LOTR

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Question, how does the wood and paint handle the constant contact with the outer spring? The inner spring generates quite a bit of force when the shooter knob encounters that outer spring. Is there a steel washer imbeded in the wood?

As a matter of fact , Yes it does have a metal washer glued to the base of the handle. Once the handles have been painted and dipped in clear coat a million times, then I epoxy the metal rod onto the handle. When I push the shooter rod down into the hole , some glue oozes out. I then smear that glue around the base and slide a metal washer down, so it glues the washer to the rod and handle together , making it very strong. This way the washer hits the spring when on the ball is launched.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Can you post an installed pic?

I will post some installed pics later tonight when I get home of all 5 games I have them on. The WOZ, LOTR , ST , MET and ACDC.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

Question to you Chuck, I would like to try one on CFTBL, one on WH2O and two on FH. What numbers would match best? Ty and regards

I am painting up a custom CFTBL later tonight for a friend, I will just paint 2 of them. One for you. I wanted to do it in a black base coat , then paint , neon green with a dark purple, with a touch of gold glitter, swirled horizontally. The funhouse I would do blue and red, WH20 would do in blues.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

Ty, I will take them. Not too be picky but if If you do the FH can you add a bit of yellow too?

No problem, I will do a custom set for you. I will add yellow to the blue and red for funhouse. Did you want the swirl horizontal or vertical, and do you want any colored glitter in it. I have a red glitter I could add to them. It gives them great depth and an old retro look.

#64 9 years ago

Here is My Star Trek with the Small #12 and Large #38
I will post more pics tomorrow of my other machines, as I'm going to a pin party today, plus didn't want to overwhelm everyone with too many pics...

st 12sm.jpgst 12sm.jpg
st 38lg.jpgst 38lg.jpg
st 38lga.jpgst 38lga.jpg

#73 9 years ago

Bemmett, yes I'm processing all the orders today. I can confirm receipt of your order by name or email address.

#75 9 years ago

Here are some pics of different sizes. Out of 10 pins I have in my collection, only 4 take a shooter rod....

lotr.jpglotr.jpglotr-sm.jpglotr-sm.jpglotr-med.jpglotr-med.jpglotr-lg.jpglotr-lg.jpgwoz-lg.jpgwoz-lg.jpgwoz-med.jpgwoz-med.jpgwoz-sm.jpgwoz-sm.jpgmet-sm.jpgmet-sm.jpgmet-lg.jpgmet-lg.jpgacdc-sm1.jpgacdc-sm1.jpgacdc-sm.jpgacdc-sm.jpgacdc-med.jpgacdc-med.jpgacdc-lg.jpgacdc-lg.jpg

#79 9 years ago

I have been painting and creating these custom shooters for everyone. I am up to my ears in clearcoat..omg! A labor of love for all my pin friends and happy to do it. Im headin to the post office today and mailing out a lot of packages. So everyone who ordered, santa will be visiting you shortly...

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from captkirk:

Modfather,excuse the dumb question, but what is that strip of color that looks like it is a protector for the bottom of your cabinets on your ACDC, LOTR and WOZ?

Good eye my friend, That is custom cut aluminum trim molding, then painted and clear coated to give an edge to the bottom of my machines. I color match them with the painted trim on all my machines. Except for my T 2 which is done in polished aluminum. I think it gives a nice detailed edge to the bottom of the machines. I could make these for people if there is enough interest. I am the Modfather , therefore, I must mod.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

Modfather. I received two of these shooter rods from you Friday. Really nice. Would like to order one more. Are you still selling. You have not returned my message concerning another order.

Yes I am still making these, and have a feeling I will be making these for a while. Pm me again for your request, it may have gotten lost within all of my messages, sorry. I can do custom orders as well and paint the shooter handles in a horizontal or vertical pattern, with or without colored glitter. I have red, blue, gold , silver, green and copper colored glitter. A little glitter gives it depth and has a retro feel to them (looks great on older machines as well). I am happy to make any custom order and match specific colors to a game at no extra charge.

#93 9 years ago

<blJamesote cite="#1795290">Hello Modfather. Wanted to make sure you received my order on the 20th (via paypal). Unable to PM you. How do I make contact. Thankquote>

Hi James, I did receive your order and have your candy apple ready just waiting on the actual rods to arrive. Should be this week. As soon as get those in all the ordets placed after the 18th will be shipped.
Thank everyone for their patience.

#96 9 years ago

I just got in my order of shooter rods in, now time to start glueing on the custom shooter handles. Everyones orders will be shipping very soon. Thank you all who have ordered and have interest in candy apple shooters. They are very time consuming to make , and have a certain level of artistic value. No one singular shooters are the same. Each one is hand painted individually and taken the time to match them as best I see with my artistic eye. I like to match the colors on the front of the cabinet, and incorporate one more key color within the backglass of playfield. I am still accepting custom orders at no additional charge. I hope you all like them. The Modfather

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey modfather, could you do a gold leaf small? Looking to dress up the front of my Avatar LE, the front of the cab is very dark and I play in a dark room so the gold leaf would make it easy to "find" the shooter knob.

Sure I could do a gold leaf shooter, just pay the difference of what it would cost me for materials. Its not much , about 10 bucks I think. I would go with a small or medium . I can do a gold painted handles mixed in with ultra fine gold glitter paint in a horizontal or vertical pattern, would look great. Its the hand painted application that makes these shooters stand out and give them originality. No shooters are exactly the same, unlike glueing some type of a toy to the end of a shooter rod. These are individually handmade for each person and their corresponding game of choice.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Has anyone put one on TAF yet? These look great but I'm horrible with matching colors. Any recommendations?

Out of all the ones I have already designed, #41 in a small size would be the one I recommend...

41-42-lg.jpg41-42-lg.jpg
#107 9 years ago

These are additional colors I'm adding to my selection. I made these for some special orders I had....
#54 is great for Iron Man.
The Modfather

43-45.jpg43-45.jpg46-48.jpg46-48.jpg49-51.jpg49-51.jpg52-54.jpg52-54.jpg55-57.jpg55-57.jpg58-59.jpg58-59.jpg

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

#29 looks beautiful! What a perfect match for WOZ.

Glad you like it!
This one has been very popular for the WOZ.

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

So many colors.I need color # and size recommendations for LOTR,TRON,ACDC Prem,STLE.

I recommend #38 medium for ST, 31 medium for LoTR, # 3, 5 or 10 small for ACDC and I can make one for Tron in a small...

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Has anybody else had a problem with the shaft of the shooter rod being slightly bigger than their stock Stern one? I received mine today and it will barely fit in the shooter housing and binds up something terrible.

I am using standard "universal " shooter rods from pinball life that supposedly fits all pinball machines. If yours doesn't fit right, you can mail it back ..and give me your shooter off your machine and I will bang off the old handle and make you a new one and mount it to your shooter rod to guarantee it will fit. Sometimes there are instances that don't quite work out. I will try and do my best to accommodate everyone.

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

anymore of that #5 shooter rod for ac/dc?

Yes, I'm essentially making custom shooters for all the orders that are coming in. There is a lot of popularity among these shooters because of the style, color, design and price.

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

How's my gold leaf shooter coming? Is it real gold leaf?

I haven't received your paypal ...my address is [email protected] and yes it will be real gold leaf....I have to spread a thin layer of glue over the handle , then gently apply the super thin gold leaf paper, then dip in a clear coat a million times....voila' a one of a kind shooter

1 week later
#135 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey modfather, could you post a picture of mine before you ship it? Thanks.

Hey Mustang Paul, here are some photos of the gold leaf shooters in production. I bought a gold leafing kit and did some extras in case I messed it up. I think they all came out great. I used the 1 1/2 inch (small) diameter shooters for these gold ones. In the picture are custom WOZ shooters shown in medium and large during the making process. These handles are now in the dipping in clear coat stage of finishing. This is the stage that actually takes the longest. Dip, Dip Dip, and away we go !! If anyone is interested in the gold leaf shooters, they are 45 bucks each shipped with the rod, new shooter tip and E-clip. I hope you guys like them...
The Modfather
gold leaf.jpggold leaf.jpg

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from FullBlown:

Rods arrived today. Good Work Modfocker ( inside joke)

Thanks, those look really nice. I need to make one more for your transformers. The others look great, thx for posting pics....

20140810_150003.jpg 208 KB

20140810_150259.jpg 230 KB

20140810_150104.jpg 250 KB

20140810_150056-58.jpg 221 KB

4 weeks later
#148 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I forgot to tell you Modfather how great the gold leaf shooter is. Very easy to see in a dark room.

Thx, I am glad you like them. I actually made a few of them in case anyone else wants one. These will also look great on TOM, LOTR or any game with gold trim that has a shooter for it. Since I bought the material to make these, they are only 35 each. A nice custom shooter for a great price. Shipping is included at this price as well. (nationwide)

3 weeks later
#157 9 years ago

I like the blue and yellow combination for FH. It matches the colors on the front of the cabinet. I could incorporate glitter for a retro look. I know red is also a dominate color on the playfield and backglass. I could incorporate a little red into it as well. Let me know

1 week later
3 weeks later
#166 9 years ago

I am currently making some beautiful woz ruby red custom shooters that accent the game nicely. These shooters can be custom made to match any game. Only 35 bucks for a custom shooter, not bad. Compare these to any 50 plus shooters out on the market. This is not a toy glued to a rod. These are hand painted using various artistic techniques and have a really great look that is simple and subtle. I hope you like them . The Modfather

#168 9 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Order in for Shrek! Can't wait

I made a couple of different versions to see which one you'd like best...
shrek random.jpgshrek random.jpg

shrek vertical.jpgshrek vertical.jpg

4 months later
#177 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

They are pretty awesome in person.

Thanks for all of the positive comments. I really do like making these , as they are all hand painted to custom match the colors on the pinball machine I am creating these for. These can be purchased through mezelmods and are a great price at only 42 bucks. There are not any custom shooters out there for less than 50 bucks each, fortunately mine are. I hope you guys like them.

6 months later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

17,000 (Firm)
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider modfather.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-shooter-rods-by-modfather-now-available?tu=modfather and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.