(Topic ID: 148941)

Custom Rule Cards / Site Launch - Pinballboy.com (v2.0 coming in 2018!)

By chadsugg

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 587 posts
  • 160 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by metalkatt
  • Topic is favorited by 127 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 109 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Cards2small (resized).png
IMG_3347 (resized).JPG
IMG_3346 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 5.32.13 PM (resized).png
BarracoraV1Ref_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
20160412_062924_(resized).jpg
IMG_1875_(resized).jpg
KISSV3Ref_(resized).png
FathomV1Ref_(resized).png
SouthParkV1Ref_(resized).png
JokerzV1Ref_(resized).png
TheGetawayV1Ref_(resized).png
TXSectorV1Ref_(resized).png
SpaceShuttleV1Ref_(resized).png
SwordsOfFuryV1Ref_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadsugg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hey all,

I posted a thread the other day with some custom KISS rule cards I designed, and they were pretty well received (thank goodness) - and really it was kind of a test for an idea I've had for a while now. And it's still very early (I literally built the site, designed the first cards, and bought the url over the past four days), but I'd love to share a soft launch of the site with you all!

Feel free to check it all out @ http://pinballboy.com

P.S. - Please feel free to leave some requests for cards any of you are wanting here in the comments.

I'd like to get a large set of new designs up that people are actually wanting to go along with the second big part of the site that I'm planning to bring in with the full launch around February!

PBannounce_(resized).png

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Awesome
AMH please please please

Here's my first crack at it - still putting together a card for the rule set.

Spooky1_(resized).png

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from McSirTuna:

These are great and offer a different style of designs than I've seen others provide. I will certainly be looking to try some of these out!
Quick note for you: the game of thrones cards rules are a bit mixed up / incorrect for some of the houses.

Thanks!

And thanks for the heads up... i even compared several different other cards around the web to check the rules (and it seems literally everyone's are off - thats what I get for not just finding a pdf of the manual). I'll be sure to fix first thing tomorrow.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Nice work! totally different approach - I like that!
I hope, you're open to some honest 'input':
You should consider looking into kerning of 'ed' at 'haunted'. I'd move the E slightly under ther T and adjust size for that letter. The S in MOST is also slightly off ...
Congrats!

Thanks - and I'm always up for honest input!

But yeah, for the Spooky design, I blame my over-excitedness for throwing the unfinished design up here... I kinda just wanted to make sure that direction was something robertmee liked. Trust me, my OCD eyes wouldn't let the final version have it saying America's Most Haunt Ed (because that's what it looks like to me!).

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

I like America's most haunted except for the candy bucket.

You know, I was thinking about making a version without that. Consider it done!

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Some older titles would be nice. Classic Bally like Mata Hari, Power Play, etc would be nice.

Oh yeah, don't worry, I LOVE doing retro designs. And actually, I'm a pretty big hockey fan, so Power Play seems like a great place to start.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I really need some Stern Rolling Stones LE cards please.

RS3.jpgRS1.jpg

You got it! I'll try to get some done for ya by Monday

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Awesome
AMH please please please

Quoted from 2manypins:

I like America's most haunted except for the candy bucket.

Here's a final version for AMH. (It's looks SO much better without the bucket!)

And here's the link to download from the site:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/americas-most-haunted

AMHPre1_(resized).jpg

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Some older titles would be nice. Classic Bally like Mata Hari, Power Play, etc would be nice.

Here ya go!

Also...
Thanks for all the requests everyone, keep 'em coming!

I just had to show this one off... Literally just finished, and it's my favorite I've done so far.

You can grab it at:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/power-play

PowPlayPre_(resized).jpg

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Tron for sure!
X-men Magneto(and wolverine)
Transformers LE combo(keep with the theme of purple deceptions on left and red autobots on right)

Quoted from Butch2099:

Looks great! Can't wait to see what else you come up with! Would love to see a Batman Forever or DE Batman..

Just added all of these to my "To Do" list! And I like all of these themes a lot, so I'll probably get them all done by around Wednesday.

Quoted from Crispin:

Keep up the good work Chadsugg!

Thanks a lot!

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Great idea. Thanks for contributing to the pinball hobby. Getting the cards the right size can be a pain, thanks for the printing instructions.

Thanks so much. Seriously, I'm so glad to finally be adding something to the community.

And yeah, printers get so knocked out of wack from the slightest settings changes. So making sure all of these print at the highest quality for everyone is a big priority for me.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I really need some Stern Rolling Stones LE cards please.

RS3.jpgRS1.jpg

Holy crap, after I looked around for even just reference cards with no luck at all... I'm guessing you've been waiting for these a long time. Enjoy!

Download Link:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/the-rolling-stones-le

RollingStonesPre_(resized).jpg

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I would like to make a style suggestion. Regardless of what title you tackle, take a look at what the apron looks like and attempt to integrate with it. If nothing else avoid putting the game title on the card if the apron already has the title on it. I hate it when a machine has the game title in three places in close proximity - the left card, middle of apron, and right card.

Thanks for the input, I'll absolutely keep that in mind! I actually had an idea of possibly doing a version of all my cards that are super stripped down with just photos/logos and instructions (because I'm a big fan of simplicity anyway)... So this is a good nudge for me to carry that out as well.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Did you make the cards Stern Size? The cards for Spooky are a lot smaller.

Thanks for the heads up! I was not aware - but I just reworked the art to the correct sizes. Uploading now!

#41 3 years ago

I was unaware Spooky had such different sizing for their apron card sizing, but I just uploaded a new 100% correct version. Same link should work. Sorry about that!

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

Star Wars Trilogy, please it is the only game I have with no custom cards.

Alright, just finished one more request, probably all I'll be able to pump out today!

Download Link:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/star-wars-trilogy-version-1

Thanks for all the kind words today everyone, very glad you all seem to be enjoying the new site/designs.

SWTrilogyPre_(resized).jpg

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

Thank you so much Chad. He knocked out a set of AC/DC pros in a night. That was very cool of you. I'll donate this week

Thanks for the kind words, very glad you liked the cards.

Quoted from thundergod76:

Love my KISS cards you made. Such an improvement over Sterns boring ones. Great color and awesome resolution. Feel free to make more! I think your site will be a great success. Thanks again!

Glad to hear. And no worries, I love KISS - there will be many more versions of those

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

yeah, kerning is the most important Have a look at these fails...
http://digitalsynopsis.com/design/funny-letter-spacing-kerning-fails/

Hahahaha, I genuinely laughed at several of those.

#66 3 years ago

Will do!

Quoted from Dr-Hex:

How about some cards for monster bash?

I'm a big classic horror fan - consider this done. Also, for this one, after I do an overall design I think I may literally do special sets that feature each of the main monsters for all those out there like me who have a favorite or wanna switch it up.

Quoted from Leechman:

These look great man! When you get a min can you do TZ, SS, MM, TWDLE, ACDC Luci, STLE, WOZLE and Labowski and Hobbit for when I get those? Just messing with ya man!....unless you want to?

Thanks! And actually, I just added them all to my list to do.

Quoted from SeymorGoldfarbJr:

Great looking work. I've yet to find anyone who has made cards for Popeye. I also wouldn't mind some new cards for Family Guy.

I used to love Popeye as a kid, I'll gladly make a set that he deserves. Also, Family Guy, as well.

Will do!

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

Another vote for met pro

Ask, and ye shall receive!

My design is pretty different from others I've seen. The whole game is covered in Metallica logos, so I figured I'd focus on something different. Hope you like em!

Download Link:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/metallica-v1

MetallicaCardsPre_(resized).jpg

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Can't wait to see the RoboCop cards!
Take my money!!!

These were extremely fun to make. I designed them to look old school on purpose, directly inspired from the Marvel Comic first issue!

Download Link:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/robocop-v1

RobocopPre1-1_(resized).jpg

#71 3 years ago

Ended up doing a movie-version of Robocop too... Come on, Robocop is such an awesomely designed character, how could I not??

Download @:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/robocop-v2

RobocopV2Pre_(resized).jpg

#72 3 years ago

Just finished up a new request for Who Dunnit. Really like how these came out too

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/whodunnit-v1

(And don't worry, I made sure to size them right for a Bally apron)

WhoDunnit1Pre_(resized).jpg

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I like the cards for games that no one makes cards for. Pinballcards.com has a lot of recent Sterns and popular B/W games, so these often ignored games are cool.

Quoted from phillymadison:

100% agree with this. The ones I threw out there were all ones not done by Pinballcards.com yet to fill in the gaps for everyone.

The funny thing is, I'm absolutely astonished there aren't really other options for (some) of these titles I've done so far. So I'm very glad to be filling in these gaps.

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Anything for Checkpoint or Nitro ground shaker? Not very polpular titles but thought it couldn't hurt to ask. These are my only two games with no custom cards.

I don't care about the popularity of a pin - If someone owns it and loves it, then it deserves a nice set of rule cards. Teams of people poured months/years of their lives into developing these awesome machines, so it kills me to see so many that have never been given the cards they deserve

That's the long-winded way of me saying, I'll get 'em done for ya!

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

You are doing good work chadsugg! If you get a chance, could you give Bally Vector a try?

Thanks, will do!

Quoted from Perth:

The best thing about these cards is there is no corney pricing card with the designers or the facts of the machine. I always hated that about custom cards. Rule card and a decorative card. It's perfect. Thanks chadsugg

Hahah. Yeah, I'm not a fan of that style. I mean, I get it, I really do - and those designs can be done tastefully if done right... But yeah, it's just not my personal style.

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Would love too see what you could do with Jurassic park and tales from the crypt!
Great job nice work!

Quoted from robertmee:

Second a TFTC...I have the originals and they're boring

Quoted from tommyp:

Another vote for met pro, and a whirlwind would be great to have as well. One of the more popular and affordable sys 11 titles

Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Whoa Nellie, please

Quoted from nosro:

I think you might as well do every Stern since 2003 (Lord of the Rings and afterward) because you will eventually get a request for all of them.
Similarly, you might as well do the top 30 in the rankings, because you will also eventually get a request for all of them:
Medieval Madness
Twilight Zone
Attack from Mars
Monster Bash
Lord of the Rings
The Addams Family
Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure
AC/DC
Scared Stiff
Theatre of Magic
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Metallica
Spider-Man
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Cirqus Voltaire
White Water
Wizard of Oz (no place for rule cards, though)
Star Trek
The Simpsons Pinball Party
Creature from the Black Lagoon
TRON: Legacy
FunHouse
The Shadow
Cactus Canyon
The Walking Dead

Quoted from MMP:

Yes, I have been looking for a set of decent Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure cards for a long time now. Game still has empty apron...

Quoted from tslayer71:

Nice job - your cards look great! Diner and RBION??

Quoted from BentleyBear:

Again,Class of 1812 and Lights,camera,action please

You all will think I'm crazy... But, all of the above are officially added to my to-do list!

Quoted from Adydar:

Hook, I've yet to find anything good for it.

That saddens me, because that movie is awesome and my Hook toys were some of my absolute favorite as a kid. I will make this happen, for you and Robin effing Willams!

Quoted from wallybgood:

Hey Chad
Nice work!
Wally

Thanks Wally!

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SWT CARDS!!!!!

No problem! I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan (I literally have a Rebel Alliance tattoo), so you can expect MANY more versions of those.

Quoted from NPO:

Dude, OP is killing it with these cards. I don't hae any you've made for yet, but man, Robocop ones - especially the comic ones you did - look AWESOME!!!
Well done on all fronts so far, OP!

Thanks so much - genuinely glad to hear that!

#86 3 years ago

One more new set for the day - I love this movie (and the pin), and am extremely surprised there weren't more cards already available.
Enjoy!

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/tron-legacy-v1

TronLegacyPre_(resized).jpg

#88 3 years ago

Tomorrow, the dead shall walk the earth...
Well, or least your pin - it's next on my list

#93 3 years ago

Here are your brain dead zombies, sir!

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/walking-dead-premium

TheWalkingDeadPremiumPre_(resized).jpg

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Met pro and twd prem wld be awesome

Just added TWD Premium (see above post).

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Haha, I looked at that card and immediately thought Rick was pooping.

Quoted from janus:

That's all I see now...

Hahahahahah. *Note to self: next time, make sure Rick's not having a bowel movement*

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Hope you can make one for Class of 1812 and Lights,camera,action

This was a bit difficult for my design style because it's even more retro a wacky than I'm used to, but here's Class of 1812. Hope you like it!

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/class-of-1812

ClassOf1812Pre_(resized).jpg

#104 3 years ago

Can do

Quoted from BentleyBear:

Love it :applause:Hope to see Lights,camera,action soon

Awesome, glad to hear! Lights, Camera, Action will be on the way next week

Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Heard mention of someone wanting a 1972 Williams Fireball Please

Will do!

Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Amazing job. Thanks for AMH and TWD. Those will be going on my machines. I appreciate the time you took to do this.

Awesome! Feel free to post a pic on here once they're on there - feels good to see these babies out in the wild!

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Looks great! Can't wait to see what else you come up with! Would love to see a Batman Forever or DE Batman..

Here you go! Loved this movie as a kid, and I actually had the movie adaptation comic book and remembered really liking the back cover art. So, this design is all that coming full circle

(Also, let me know if I need to tweak the sizing - I had to do some detective work to even try to get them as close as they are)

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/batman-forever

BatmanForeverV1Pre_(resized).jpg

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Thanks again!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

No problem, thanks for the pics!

Quoted from Butch2099:

Looks Great!! Thanks!

You're very welcome - I'll get the DE Batman done for you in the near future too!

#110 3 years ago

NEW DOWNLOAD ANNOUNCEMENT:

I'm excited to introduce CARD COVERS!

For those who want to "spice up" their normal rule cards with a little more awesomeness... The first I'm releasing for this new style is for one of my favorite shows of all time (and the main reason I even had this idea!) - MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000. Just print out the silhouettes, cut them out, and slide 'em right over your current cards. (These will work great with any movie themed pin!)

Especially with MST3K's recent Kickstarter revival victory, there was no way I COULDN'T do this!

Download @:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/mst3k

MST3KCoverPre_(resized).jpg

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from Adydar:

Hook, I've yet to find anything good for it.

Here you go!

Download @
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/hook

HookV1Pre_(resized).jpg

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from Ball_Shine:

Not sure if I'm supposed to put up pics on this thread so if not please let me know and I will remove this post, it's just TWD ones didn't do it for me so I had a go. Lettering wasn't how I intended but couldn't work out how to print the right size from word so when it was converted it changed the font.

No worries, you're fine posting the pics. Good job on your design too. The reason why the font probably changed is because fonts get a little weird from app to app. If one has the font installed and the other doesn't, it will put a standard font in its place automatically when converting.

Also, so everyone else knows, I plan on doing a few different versions of sets for TWD (and actually for most of the titles I've already done). So if you like a set I've posted but it's not an A+ for you, I can almost guarantee I'll make a version with the specific characters your wanting in due time. (Feel free to ask for specific character focus in your requests, too, I don't mind!)

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from Ball_Shine:

Cheers mate, I used Word and the smallest font you can use is 8 so made the pic fit text.
Any ideas how I can re-size or what format I can convert it to so as not to change the font as the original one I did looks heaps better?

I'm a little fuzzy on what went wrong here. How I'm reading it is - the font wouldn't go smaller, so you used a larger photo to compensate?

Either way, really, the higher the quality of the photo, the easier it's going to be to make text fit no matter what size.

And actually, if you're printing directly from Word, it should print the original font you had, no problem. Sounds to me like you may have to mess around with your printer settings.

If all else fails, you can just email me a picture of the card with the font you liked, and I'll throw it all together for you in Photoshop and send your way.

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

If you could do a Stern Stars, that would be great.

That is a good looking machine. I'll make it happen

Quoted from Adydar:

Awesome work, thanks!

Thanks, glad you like it!

Quoted from Gerrard17:

ROBOCOP! You're a legend!

Haha, awesome, glad people are liking those, I was really happy with how they came out!

Quoted from Ballance:

South Park please, Ive been looking for a set of decent cards for years

Can do

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Congrats on the new album release today Chad!

Hey, thanks a lot! I'm excited for it, the release is going great so far!

Quoted from Homer714:

Diff version of TSPP?

I love The Simpsons, and have TSPP near the top of my current To-Do list.

#130 3 years ago

I'm not sure if anyone will use this set on their AMH, but I remember seeing this rendering of Casper mimicking the Ghostbusters logo a while back and loving it, and thinking then that if I had an AMH in my home, I would put that logo on it because it would be hilarious to me - especially with all the Stern Ghostbusters rumors going around.

Anyway, here's America's Most Haunted (Version 2)!
Download @
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/amh-v2

AMHV2Pre_(resized).jpg

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Hey, whats up? Details please!

I make music, and I just released a new album today. It's literally available everywhere digitally for purchase or streaming (if you just search "Chad Sugg Nightwindows" you should find it right away

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from Homer714:

Diff version of TSPP?

These might be my new favorite I've done so far. Hope you enjoy!

Download @
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/tspp-v1

SimpsonsV1Pre_(resized).jpg

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Nice, so what's the style?

It's singer-songwriter stuff. I jump around from pop to indie to oldies styles all the time though.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha I thought that was your name at first

Haha, if only! "Table for two for Mr. Nightwindows, please."

Quoted from pinmister:

Looked it up and listened to some songs. They sounded great and I liked the variation from acoustical to the cool piano riff on "killing me softly". You are a talented artist-keep it up.

Thanks, always happy to hear people don't hate my stuff!

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from Peppers:

Lord of the rings pretty please, you do amazing work!

Thanks, and consider it done!

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Hex:

How about some cards for monster bash?

Here you go! I wasn't kidding about being excited to do a design for this because I love the Universal Monsters. Really really stoked on this one! WOLFMAN!

Download @
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/monsterbash-wolfman

(And for anyone wondering, yes, I'll eventually be doing a specific design for each monster featured in the game for this one)

MonsterBashWolfPre_(resized).jpg

#143 3 years ago

Got a request for this one directly on my site. Everyone's favorite game for crushing your friends and taking all their money!

Download @
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/monopoly

MonopolyV1Pre_(resized).jpg

#144 3 years ago

These look great! I would love to see your take on a set of Dr. Dude cards.

The time has come, dude! As usual, I tried to go a completely different direction that I've seen others do - hope you like 'em!

Download @
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/dr-dude-v1

DrDudeV1Pre_(resized).jpg

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Goldeneye, pretty please

I love Bond, so this is definitely on my to-do list - and I promise to do it justice.

Quoted from Turducken101:

I'd love to see...
PinBot
The Machine: Bride of PinBot
Jackbot
Super Mario Bros.

Will add all you mentioned to the list!

Omg I didn't think you were gonna do them lol. These are definitely going on my machine thank you.

Haha, trust me, I haven't been kidding when I say I plan to make (hopefully) worthy card sets for every machine people ask for. Glad you'll be using them!

#152 3 years ago
Quoted from janus:

I want to buy a monopoly because of your cards!

Haha, thanks! And ya know, I wasn't looking forward to do a design for this one... I just wasn't sure what the heck I was gonna do for it.

But to start off each design, I sit with a photo of the playfield and apron and just try to honestly think what would add to the overall design without being redundant. For this one, I immediately realized the money wasn't really featured in a big way anywhere, and half the fun of the board game is playing with that thin paper awesomeness! So yeah, I'm surprisingly happy with how this set turned out

#154 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Is it me or are these Williams cards not sized right? For instance, Dr. Dude cards came out a good 1/4 inch narrow on each side? Your work is top notch on your cards!

Hmm. I'm pretty sure I sized them to the correct Williams standards (but with how different sizing can be from pin to pin, I could've gotten it wrong). Can anyone else confirm they're a bit small?

If needed I can very easily resize them!

#159 3 years ago

Thanks, and yeah that's the list I've been using for sizing.

That's why I'm trying to see if anyone else is having the size issue with Dr.Dude (because I sized them exact to the Bally proportions). The thing with printing these is if any one tiny setting is off by even 1% on someone's printer, it'll make any card set from anywhere print out a little off.

Quoted from 2manypins:

AMH coming out a little small.

Hmm. I literally sized those exactly to Spooky's available rule set cards on their site. I think they just left room on the sizing to make sure people would be able to make them fit. If you'd like though, I could gladly mess around with the sizing a little to try and make them fit a little more exact.

#160 3 years ago

Can do.

Quoted from Mitch:

can you make cards for special force? I've never seen any anywhere and I really like mine.

Already on my to-do list!

#161 3 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

My Mustang LE needs some desperately

Here ya go! I hope placing the Stern logo over the mustang doesn't seem sacrelige, ha... I just did that because the Mustang logo is literally everywhere on the pin, so I figured I'd give it a break from being plastered all over the cards!

Also, I'll be doing a few more versions of these down the road. I feel like there are a lot of good designs that can be done for this pin.

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/mustang-le

MustangLEPre_(resized).jpg

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Dude, yes it is.... a BIG ONE!

Haha, well as someone whose first car was literally a Mustang, and whose father has been in the automotive industry for 40 years, I'm not too hurt by it. So I figured it would be fine

#165 3 years ago

Well since you want more requests WWE Wrestlemania LE, Super Mario Bros (Gottlieb cards a little different I think) and Judge Dredd

Here's Judge Dredd!

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/judge-dredd-v1

JudgeDreddV1Pre_(resized).jpg

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from SeymorGoldfarbJr:

Great looking work. I've yet to find anyone who has made cards for Popeye. I also wouldn't mind some new cards for Family Guy.

Here's some for Family Guy... Thought the game could use some Quagmire love

Download Page
http://pinbalboy.com/rulecards/family-guy-v1

FamilyGuyV1Pre_(resized).jpg

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Tron for sure!
X-men Magneto(and wolverine)
Transformers LE combo(keep with the theme of purple deceptions on left and red autobots on right)

Here's a Magneto set for ya!

Download @
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/x-men-magneto

XmenMagnetoPre_(resized).jpg

#171 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

If you happen to want to do another set at some point I would love to see some cards that match the backglass and artwork on cabinet with lightning throughout. Stern used some original Marvel art from the Uncanny X-Men Nation X Issue #516-for reference. Thanks in advance

Marvel_516_Uncanny_X-MEN_Nation_X.jpgMagneto_Backglass_from_#516.jpgMagneto_Lightning.jpg

Ahh, I thought they used the 90s X-Men comic as a reference. Thanks for this info - I was wanting to do one that tied to the pin better!

#173 3 years ago

Here's the Dr Dude ones that I printed out.(please ignore my beat up apron I've been trying for over a year to get a new one or decals for it) I used the Walgreens method where they usually come out a little smaller than normal but are still usable. These would have been too small if I would have cut out just the picture so I ended up keeping a border so they would fit. It being a white apron doesn't make it look too bad.

image_(resized).jpeg

Hmm. It looks like they're actually supposed to be the wide set version - because the height is correct, but the sides are too short. This is a super easy fix on my end. I'll change the size and upload the new file first thing tomorrow. And thanks for the photo for clarification!

#174 3 years ago

Here's the Dr Dude ones that I printed out.(please ignore my beat up apron I've been trying for over a year to get a new one or decals for it) I used the Walgreens method where they usually come out a little smaller than normal but are still usable. These would have been too small if I would have cut out just the picture so I ended up keeping a border so they would fit. It being a white apron doesn't make it look too bad.

Okay, I lied - I literally can't stand when these are sized wrong, so I just fixed the design and now a new correct-sized version is available via the same download page.

And man, I swear, this is the second time this has happened with a Bally from this era. I'm pretty sure the sizing for Bally on the list everyone uses is wrong, because as far as I can tell it's just actually supposed to be standard Williams/Stern sizing. Thanks again for the pic though, that helped a ton.

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Cards still print to narrow and slightly to short, on Dr. Dude for example. The correct sizing for these system 11 games is 82mm x 152mm.

Hmm. I think there might be a slight setting off on your printer. That's the exact sizing I most recently used for Dr. Dude.

#180 3 years ago
Quoted from Qmay:

These are all amazing, +10000 points! Would be fun to see a screen capture of you making a new card.
Everyone else, post more pictures of cards installed!
My Jokerz sure would look fancy with your cards

Thanks! And yeah, I'd be glad to show some insight into my design process/setup.

And I also agree, the more photos of people using the cards on their machines, the better! I'm going to be kicking off the social media accounts for the site this week and would love to share the photos.

Lastly, I've just added Jokerz to my que list

#183 3 years ago

Just finished a new (non-LE) set of cards for Mustang, as well as The Rolling Stones, for those asking.

Download @
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/mustang-v2
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/rolling-stones-v1

MustangV2Pre_(resized).jpg

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I'm looking for the following. Haven't found most online or ones I like.
Police Force
Bad Cats
Diner
Riverboat Gambler
Party Zone
Thanks

I'll add these to my to-do list right now. I'll probably do a set for Diner this week since several have requested.

Quoted from Gnatty:

Its obviously something on my end with this printer, I've never had this happen however with other downloaded cards over the years. Thanks to Chadsugg for taking the time to PM me with help and suggestions.

Glad to help!

#190 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I'm looking for the following. Haven't found most online or ones I like.
Diner
Thanks

Here ya go, just finished! For all your Diner needs

Download Page
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/diner-v1

DinerV1Pre_(resized).jpg

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Printed Dr. Dude & The Stones. The colors on Dr. Dude are fantastic.
My only comment and its only something to offer some time down the line. Some of the cards you see out there have a few of the designer credits on the free play cards.
Like the Art design, over all designer and such. Again. Just something for the future.
I'll be printing Diner in the AM.
Off to donate. Thanks again for doing these they look really great.
chris

Thanks Chris, very glad you liked them enough to print! Would love to see some photos of them on your pins if you're up for it.

And you know, I'd like some more insight on why different people like those style of cards with the designer info featured... From a design standpoint, it doesn't make sense to me to put them on the main apron cards. However, I have thought about making special "Designer Info Cards" that could be placed just on top of the glass for when friends come over, or kept in the coin door for quick personal access. The thing is, I can't tell if people like that style for their own knowledge at all times viewable on their pin, or just as sort of a conversational thing or info for when people who don't know about the machine are visiting?

Would love to hear your take on this. Because I'm ALL FOR the designers being given credit, but usually that info is featured on the DMD of a lot of machines (I believe). And like I mentioned, design-wise that's something (at least for now) I've strayed away from on purpose. However, if its something people want at least the option of down the line, or specifically requested, I'd be absolutely glad to offer versions with that info

#201 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I like your thinking. It should be on the machine, either the playfield or the DMD, so it would be a little redundant.

Thanks, and yeah, one of my main points of even starting my site was to have the cards be different than the others I've usually seen. About 95% of the custom cards I see have all that info on them. And actually, I was worried people would NOT like my cards because I left that info off, but luckily my hunch was right that not everyone wanted that info everywhere 100% of the time!

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

You could always make 3 or 4 cards per game, all with the same styling. Then people could mix and match the cards they want.
These look great. Some of the best cards designs.

Thanks for the kind words! And yeah, that's pretty much what will eventually happen. A big goal of mine is to have several versions of each design that are at least somewhat interchangeable.

Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

That diner is SUPER sweet! Great job on these, really cool project. (does this mean RBION is next?)

Thanks

And actually, unless it's a donation request, I kind of skip around on my to-do list. So far I've been doing one pin from the 90s - today, then an older generation, then a theme from any time period that's a personal fave. I think it helps keep me well-rounded, keeps the designs fresh, and keeps everybody happy. (But since you've asked about RBION specifically I'll go ahead and bump it up the list to do today)

Just added to the to-do list!

Quoted from dmacy:

Really like your work! I haven't seen anyone request any High Speed 2: Getaway.

Love that pin, will do!

#204 3 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Hope to see Lights,camera,action soon

Just finished! Enjoy!

Download @
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/lights-camera-action

LCAV1Pre_(resized).jpg

#207 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Is 5 balls per game standard on LCA?

You know, I was unsure about that, but I couldn't find any sign that there wasn't a standard 5 balls per game.

If anyone needs it to say any different number, or has insight into the average balls per game for this one on ones they've played, I can very easily make a new version.

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from Ball_Shine:

Hey Chad some TWD cards would be cool............maybe?

Got ya covered! >> http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/walking-dead-premium

Should have a Pro version up soon too

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from Ball_Shine:

Um yeah was hoping for a one where Rick isn't taking a dump!
You were going to have a look at some I Emailed to you.
Cheers

Ha! Sorry, I literally thought you had a different avatar, didn't realize this was you! Yeah, gonna get yours all fixed up like you were wanting hopefully his afternoon actually

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

These really are superb. I love the TSPP. I tend not to go for the "Free Play" cards. I just prefer some great art there. Of course my machines are free play

Thanks! And yeah, I basically judge whether I'm going to put "Free Play" on the card on whether or not the title is featured already on the machine's apron. Eventually I plan to literally make every version of card you could imagine though - Free Play, just artwork, informational, etc - especially for popular pins.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Any chance Tx Sector gets added to the list?

Yep, it's been added to the list

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Nice job - your cards look great! Diner and RBION??

That diner is SUPER sweet! Great job on these, really cool project. (does this mean RBION is next?)

Here's RBION!

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/ripleys-believe-it-or-not

RipleysPre1_(resized).jpg

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Unless it's an EM, I would just assume every game is 3 balls.
I thought free play might be a problem for some folks too but I figured eventually you'll have cards that don't say free play.

Thinking now, I'm not sure why I committed to the "5 balls per play" feature on the design. Just went ahead and took that off the design all-together

Also, yeah, I'll definitely make some that don't say Free Play eventually.

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Just wondering if you can make them bigger.Looks like they are a bit too small for the frame

There must be a slight setting off on your printer. Make sure in your printer's settings the Scale is set to 100% - and also that "Scale To Fit" is NOT selected. If you have any trouble after that, feel free to send me a screenshot of your printer settings and I'll be glad to try and figure out the issue!

#224 3 years ago

Here's a freshly finished request for Theatre Of Magic!

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/theatre-of-magic

TheatreOfMagicPre1_(resized).jpg

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Thanks.I'll check the printer settings

Awesome, let me know if it works out!

Quoted from ChrisS:

Yeah I had the same thing with a few of mine.
Actually in some cases I bumped them up to 104 and such.
I've found with all the pin card makers it's always best to do test runs with black and white printing. Then color.
I'm baggage a lazerjet I use to test.

Yeah, I've got a goal of figuring out a fool-proof way for sizing. Because the thing is, the way these printout files are set on 8.5 x 11" paper can cause issues if the scaling is off, or if someone's get the paper size setting off.

Plus for all the people who use Walgreens or other printing places, they have different setting requirements too.

Somewhere down the road I'll either have a comprehensive printing guide on the site, or a universal file size/type that plays even more friendly with everyone's settings.

Also! (and this is for everyone here!) If there are any cards that end up NOT being scaling issues, let me know, because I can definitely make mistakes too - especially on older pins where they liked to switch around sizing every once and a while! And I'm glad to get the sizing fixed for ya - plus it's an easy fix on my end

#237 3 years ago

A couple end of the day additions for you all! Some new versions for Game Of Thrones and Monster Bash.

Download Pages:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/game-of-thrones-v3
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/monster-bash-bride

GOTV3Pre_(resized).jpg

MonsterBashBrideRef_(resized).png

#238 3 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

I LOVE the job on the SWT, There are a few others that would be cool, Lethal Weapon 3, Stern Batman, Flintstones cartoon version, Demo man.
Chad you rule!

Thanks And all of those are added to my list!

Quoted from HighNoon:

Any chance that you could do a Stern Big Game?
Thanks in advance,
Luke

Can do!

You totally nailed Ripley's, looks really nice and great idea for the BG image... Definitely a fresh take. Thank you!

Thanks, that was one of those I was unsure of what the heck I'd do, but ended up really happy with.

Quoted from Fixie:

Like to add my vote to the two previous votes for The Getaway and Jokerz.
Been listening to your music while reading this thread.
Nice Work !

Sounds good, I'll bump those up a few spots on my list. And thanks, glad you like it!

Quoted from FunkyFreshWalrus:

These all look great, thanks!
I'd love to see:
The Machine: Bride of Pinbot
Bally Star Trek

Thanks! And those are added to my list

Quoted from ZEN:

chad, great stuff. Wondering you you would tackle a few tricky ones for me...
CSI
Gottlieb Robo War
thanks for all of these so great!!!!

Always glad to do the ones no one can find!

#239 3 years ago
Quoted from cireone:

Wow! The Diner cards look really nice. Any chance for a nice set for DemoMan coming down the line? Thanks for all of the hard work you have put into these!

Quoted from Whysnow:

diner looks GREAT!

Thanks! I'm glad everyone's liking the Diner set... Honestly, when I was making those, I thought everyone was gonna be weirded out by them and ask "Why the heck are there napkins on these??". Ha

Quoted from Peppers:

They all look great, I am an official fan boy of yours. Thanks for helping out the pinball hobby and community so much.
I hope for much pinball love to roll your way.
-peppers

Hey, glad to hear, and thanks! Seriously, this is such a pleasant surprise that people are accepting the site so well this early on

#243 3 years ago

Hey all,

Just wanted to share a special update with you all, plus give some insight to how the site is doing so far!

Below you'll find an infographic about the first two weeks since launching the site, and you can read some extra info about it all via the blog I posted @ http://pinballboy.com/blog - And I know I know, people are usually close-lipped about numbers and stats, but I've never been that way... I like sharing numbers and excitement with the people that actually make it all happen.

Seriously, thanks for all the kind support - I'm still blown away that this didn't even exist 15 days ago and now people already actually enjoy it!

PinballBoyStats_(resized).png

#245 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Would love too see what you could do with Jurassic park and tales from the crypt!
Great job nice work!

Quoted from robertmee:

Second a TFTC...I have the originals and they're boring

Here ya go - hope you enjoy!

Download @
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/tales-from-the-crypt-v1

TFTCRef1_(resized).png

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Amazing work here.
How about some love for the system 80 classics, Black Hole and Haunted House please. 3 ball and/or free play cards would be fantastic.
Definitely will support this. These look killer on the games shown thus far!

Thanks! And I've been waiting for someone to request literally both of those (I've always loved their artwork)... So I'll definitely add those to the list

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Amazing work here.
How about some love for the system 80 classics, Black Hole and Haunted House please. 3 ball and/or free play cards would be fantastic.
Definitely will support this. These look killer on the games shown thus far!

Okay, I wasn't joking... I guess I really was excited to do these... Since I started on one immediately
Here's Black Hole for ya!

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/black-hole-v1

BlackHoleV1Ref_(resized).png

#258 3 years ago
Quoted from cireone:

Wish there was a decent set for DemoMan.

Here ya go!

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/demoman-v1

DemoManRef1_(resized).png

#259 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That donate stat is way too low compared to the downloads. I want to download but I only have one game that has instruction cards and it's not been done yet

Yeah the donation number is low, but I'm not too worried about it. I figure it may be due to the fact that the site is so new, and a lot of people may just being waiting to see if I keep up with the site for good before pitching in.

Plus, it's not a huge deal because when I "officially" launch the site later next month, I plan on having other ways people can support without having to just donate. So hopefully that will eventually help a ton

#261 3 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

On Demo man, is it possible to get a card with Sandra in her outfit on one of the cards, she looked amazing and did that outfit justice.
Thanks!

I'll see what I can do. To be honest, I quickly found there's a reason there are many available cards for this one... There's hardly any source material on the internet.

That being said, I'll gladly see what I can do. I'm pretty sure there was a still I came across that had the main group in their uniforms, but none that were just of Sandra that were hi-res enough. I'll figure something out though

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Just a suggestion, but I think everyone who creates these cards should adopt the standard of using a 4x6 canvas for the file. The reason being that allows people to send them to local photo printers for printing on the cheapest possible size. Sams charges me $0.13 for a 4x6 print and a couple of bucks for 8.5x11. Yeah you still have to trim the cards but you can get it printed WAY cheaper than printing at home and also on a way nicer printer with ink that won't fade to nothing in a year or two.
When I download files like the ones on pinballboy, I bring them into Gimp and cut the card out then put it on a 4x6 canvas with the same scaling as the original download.

Thanks for the input. And actually, I've mentioned a couple of times (which would be difficult to know if you haven't read through this 6 page topic, ha) that eventually I want to come up with a format that works for everyone while printing.

Basically, I plan to offer two download links on the site - one for standard paper, and one for 4x6. The reason I haven't done so yet, is simply that I want it to look good on the site. Right now, you go to the download page, and bam, it's pretty, it's simple - you know where the download button is, as well as what size you're downloading. One major focus of my whole site is to be streamlined and to the point, and adding two file options takes a good bit of work on the backend with making it look good and not too cluttered (yay OCD!).

This will definitely be a feature that goes live when I officially launch the full site in late February though

#269 3 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

Cool looking cards, any chance of X-Men with a lot of character, I mean hero's and Villian's together? I'm tired of looking at Hero's on my Wolverine edt. Ive been wanting these for a long time and ready to DONATE. Like this type style or something kick ass.

I'll be glad to make this happen!

#270 3 years ago

I wondered why the site saw a big spike in viewers a couple of days ago... Did some searching and found out the awesome guys over at The Pinball Podcast posted about the site! Thanks guys, I was super surprised and excited to see the mention!

PinballPodcastPB_(resized).png

#271 3 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Quoted from Stretch7:

Haunted house please?

Here you guys go!

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/haunted-house-v1

HauntedHouseV1Ref_(resized).png

#278 3 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

Cool looking cards, any chance of X-Men with a lot of character, I mean hero's and Villian's together?

Here you go! There are many other versions I could do for this (and will, eventually), but the image you sent actually ended up being the closest that matched the pin's art style. I ended up playing off the purples from the playfield for the color scheme to mix it up a bit- I felt like there was a bit many blues and yellows on the apron.

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/xmen-v2

XmenV2Ref_(resized).png

#280 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Looking for police force, eatpm, riverboat gambler!

Quoted from ChrisS:

I'm only trying to redirect you so he can concentrate on RBG, PF & BC.

Here you guys go, this one was really fun to do!

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/police-force-v1

PoliceForceV1Ref_(resized).png

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Still holding out hope for a Stars. Maybe incoporate the cabinet art or rocket ship from the playfield.

It's coming up soon on my list

#290 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Would love too see what you could do with Jurassic park!

Done

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/jurassic-park-v1

JurassicParkV1Ref_(resized).png

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I'm extremely surprised to not see Whirlwind in the lineup.

No worries, it's on the request list. Looks like I'll probably get to that one early next week

Quoted from shovelhed:

How about Stern Original Spiderman with the Green Goblin and Stargate. By the way these are stunning one of my top threads, cant wait to see what you do next!
Harley D.

Thanks Harley, glad to hear! And all versions of the ol' webhead hold a place dear to my heart, so you can consider that done. (Also, Startgate's already on my to-do list, so that'll be done soon as well)

Quoted from gawcol:

Very nice work! Impressed!!!!

Thanks

Quoted from Stretch7:

Thank you for Haunted House and a vote for Rollergames as well
Donation Sent

No problem, and thanks! (I've added Rollergames and Pink Panther to my upcoming list as well)

Quoted from Haymaker:

These are amazing! I would love to see a set for Pinball Magic please!

Thanks - consider it done

Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Here is the difference between old, drab shitty cards and these new spiffed up cards.........
I didn't even request any of these but he knocked these TFTC cards out of the park....thanks Chadwick!!! He kept true to the campy horror theme. He's churning these out very efficiently as well. KUDOS.

Thanks for the kind words - I'm really glad to see all these transformations!

#296 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Just because you're clearly doing this too fast, I thought I'd mention double checking rules to make sure they're correct. JP factory rule cards are wrong (BSD too).

Clearly doing this too fast?... I check every single set I do with two separate previous rule cards available on the internet (sometimes three, if anything seems off). Thanks for the heads up though, always glad to correct any errors asap. I haven't done BSD yet, but I'll make a note for when I do.

#298 3 years ago

Was brought to my attention that the Jurassic Part set I uploaded today had incorrect instructions. I've uploaded a brand new version with the correct rule set (as far as I can tell). The original download link has the new file already ready for you all.

Also, if you ever see an incorrect rule on my cards, just let me know. I'm very glad to fix the error asap!

When making these cards, I literally compare at least two different sets of rules from two different sources. For the Jurassic Park set, I did this exactly the same as always (I looked at the original rule set via IPDB, plus someone else's previously released set)... Turns out they were both wrong, so mine ended up just as wrong. Not a big deal, errors happen.

One of the reasons I'm doing this site, is because it literally is so hard to find these things for so many machines. So I'd like my site to be a source for cards that are 100% correct. Hence me being open about any errors, and asking for your help if anything's off rule-wise. I am definitely not the king of pinball rules. Ha.

Lastly, my apologies if it seems like I'm cranking these out too fast. I can assure you, I take my time with every single card I make. I do my homework on them design and instruction-wise, and then dive into my own design. I work fast - always have. However, I pay attention to, and care a lot about details. Just wanted to make sure people know that. Even though I just started this site and pinball card designs, I've been designing for the past 12 years (I'm 29 now). So I have a design setup that I'm very used to, and allows me to work quickly as well.

#299 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Still holding out hope for a Stars.

Went for a super simple design with these, since the cabinet is so laid back and open. Let me know if you like these enough, because I can gladly do another version if these don't pop for ya!

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/stars-v1

SternStarsV1Ref_(resized).png

#301 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Question is...are they hip to the Chad H rule set? Ill re-download now.

Would love some insight on if this revision is still a bit off (or totally off!).

Seriously the only things I can find with these rules seem to be from the factory set, which were obviously incorrect from the get-go.

#303 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

He has the whole rules breakdown here:
http://www.pinballcode.com/

Awesome, thanks for the link! I'll look this over and get the cards updated soon

#306 3 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

I would still keep up the ones you put AND the ones you update, not everyone has the chad H roms installed in their games.

That was actually my next question for the JP owners. Thanks for the input! I'll clarify on the site, plus make two downloads available.

#307 3 years ago

Here's a new version I wanted to do for TSPP, featuring everyone's favorite murderous Tom & Jerry twins

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/tspp-v2

SimpsonsPartyRef2_(resized).png

#310 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Haha. I gotta swap my TSPP out already?!

Haha. I'm a pretty big Simpsons fan, so I'll definitely end up doing several completely different versions Can't wait for Halloween so I can do a Treehouse Of Horror set!

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from Qmay:

Chad I think the sarcasm got lost in translation, guessing from the smiley at the end. I personally think you're not going fast enough (see what I did there? ) keep up the amazing work!

You know, I was worried my response may have seemed like I was upset by his comment, when really I was genuinely glad he pointed out the error.

Sarcasm and Coca-Cola are two of my sources of life, without them I would be truly nothing.

That being said, thanks for the kind words! Glad people don't hate my stuff yet

#319 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

They're not really what I had in mind but I'm just glad someone made some cool cards for it. I don't think you'll have a lot of people looking for Stars cards so thanks for what you did. I'll be sure to use them.

Here we go! It took some digging to find an image I could even alter to make look good, but I think this is more like what you were hoping for from what you described.

Like I've mentioned, I'm here to bring designs people love, not ones to just settle for

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/stars-v2

SternStarsV2Ref_(resized).png

#322 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

That wasn't meant to disparage, I promise. I'm just amazed at how fast you are getting these out with how great they look. I was speaking tongue in cheek because you obviously have a lot to do. I apologize if it came off as insulting!
As for the rules, if you aren't familiar with the game, It's understandable that you'd have the same incorrect rules as the factory cards, again, wasn't trying to be insulting. Sorry!
Edit: I see someone else pointed it out, phew. . As an example, look how fast the second Stars cards came out and they're awesome... . You're going to make me want to buy games just for the cards!

No worries, I didn't take your original post as an insult No joke, I literally almost made a post right after my original response to make sure nothing was taken the wrong way as well!

All in all, thanks for the kind words

Quoted from Gnatty:

Absolutely fantastic designs! Your an asset to the hobby!

Thanks!... However, I think you accidentally added an "et" to that complimentary word in the second sentence

Quoted from Drew13:

Just finished a Williams Flash, if you get time would love to put new cards on it. Thank you very much for these

Awesome, I'll add that to my list!

Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Fixed my Grand Lizard today. Would be great to celebrate with some new cards

Congrats on the fix, and consider it done!

Quoted from ChrisS:

Love the PF. Can't wait to download and print it tomorrow.
Manchester, TN? I have worked many a Bonnaroo Festival.
I can't remember the name of the Mexican joint in town that so the most amazing chorizo and shrimp nachos. It might be one of the best to ever come out of that place......besides your cards.

Awesome, glad you liked the set. Definitely one of those ones I wasn't sure what I was gonna do, and then it just clicked.

And yeah, the family and I just moved to Manchester last year. (I'm from TN, but we moved back here from IN). And you're probably talking about EL Molcajete - we eat there all the time. And woah now, if people are gonna start describing my cards as comparable to the delicious gift from the heavens that is Mexican food, then we might have to start checking people for fevers in here!

#323 3 years ago

Hey everyone,

Started the early stage reveals of the "official" site launch today with the official Pinball Boy logo, so I thought I'd share it here too!

I posted a quick blog about the reasoning behind this new logo (basically the original was just a placeholder) if you'd like to check that out @ http://pinballboy.com/blog . Gonna post a "behind-the-scenes" look at how I came up with the logo over the next few days as well

PBPinLogoHi_(resized).png

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Hi Chad
You do awesome work!
Is there any chance we operators with pins in the wild could get costs to play on the card instead of free play? I hesitate to use your rules cards with the stock pricing cards, as they look so different. (My new titles are $1 a play, 6 plays for $5)
+1 for LotR.

Thanks! And yeah, I can absolutely make this happen in the short term (as for long term, look to my response just below this!)

Quoted from Starwriter:

Adding simple text to an image is easy in Photoshop. If price cards were made with artwork but no text, people could add their own pricing.
Edit: I see some of the cards are made blank. Would be nice if all of them had the choice of "free play" or blank.

This is something I'm working on for the full launch of the site, which I hope will really bring a new level of customization to my designs. Basically a way to make it easy for people to add specific pricing/free play/etc if they don't have easy access to an editing program.

#331 3 years ago

I'm baffled at the fact that there doesn't seem to be a card set already for Stern's Batman (The Dark Knight) that features one of the best comic book villain portrayals of all freakin' time!

So, here ya go...

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/the-dark-knight-v1

TheDarkKnightV1Ref_(resized).png

#334 3 years ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

Happy to donate. Nice looking stuff so far Chad. Any chance you'll do Medusa?

Thanks And sure, I'll add it to the list!

#335 3 years ago

Just a heads up - I have a shiny new email, for anyone who needs to get in touch: chad@pinballboy.com

And leading up to the official launch, with the extra work-load of getting all the new site features ready, I'll probably only be sharing one or two new designs a day... Speaking of: I added the placeholder page to the site today, for what will eventually be the other big half of the site - the Pinball Boy Shop! (And don't worry, the main purpose of the site will still be the free cards!)

I don't wanna let the cat out of the bag just yet, but I'm excited to hopefully bring some custom game room products to our hobby that haven't really been seen before here, or at least not for a long long time. Eventually I'm hoping the shop will offset the need for donations - as I'd like the free rule cards to just be 100% free and not tied to any type of money at all.... Sort of a "come for the free cards, stay for the cool products kind of thing".

Anyway, I'm excited. I'm currently finishing the final design of the first product for the shop, and am hoping to send it off for production in the next couple of weeks!

#338 3 years ago

Couple of new requests are finished up for some oldies but goodies, plus a quick announcement:

Requests added:
Nitro Ground Shaker: http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/nitro-ground-shaker-v1
Checkpoint: http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/checkpoint-v1

Also, I've set the date for the official launch of the site!.... FEBRUARY 20TH! Mark your calendars

CheckpointV1Ref_(resized).png

NitroV1Ref_(resized).png

#339 3 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

The Getaway pleeeease!

Already on the list - I'll bump it up a few spots for ya!

Quoted from practicalsteve:

Every time I look on here and there are no rollergames cards, I die a little inside

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED (no, but seriously, I'll bump it up the list too, and try to get a set done by this weekend)

#340 3 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

How about Stern Original Spiderman with the Green Goblin and Stargate.

Here you go! I'll definitely do more versions for this title, but for this first, I thought I'd give Spidey a break (since he's literally allllll over the apron) and focus on some of the villains.

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/spiderman-v1

SpiderManV1Ref_(resized).png

#342 3 years ago

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a good 10-20 people to help me launch the first product I have planned for the shop (which will be going live with the site's official launch on the 20th of this month). It's nothing difficult - I'll just need you to view some product images/designs and fill out a survey/give some quick feedback. I'll gladly hook anyone up who helps out with some kind of discount once it's all live.

If interested in helping out, just shoot me a quick PM on here simply saying so, and I'll get in touch tomorrow with details

#344 3 years ago

I wanna thank those who have messaged me to help out with the survey so quickly, this is a HUGE help since I'm sort of a modern-day hermit and don't really have a fellow pinhead to immediately bounce these ideas off of, ha!

There are exactly 10 people I've sent the link to so far, and wouldn't mind sending to ten more. (For reference, this is in regards to my post just two above this one)

#349 3 years ago

Hey all,

Looks like my Monster Bash sets were both sized wrong. They are both now fixed and their original download links have the new correct files!

Also, wanted to point out again - it's a HUGE help when you all point out if you think there's an error on my end with any card set. I'm the art guy, and while I do love the heck out of pinball, I am no pin-history buff quite yet! Like now, I know Monster Bash was a Williams95, and their cards are NOT the same size as every other SS Williams. Special thanks to Dave for bringing this specific issue to my attention

#350 3 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I'm glad you are taking a look at the Apron before making the cards. There are so many cards out there that look good in isolation, but look ridiculous juxtaposed with the apron art.

Glad to hear, thanks. And yeah, it's something I didn't realize I was paying attention to at first, and then someone point this exact fact out on here, and now a LOT of my design approach relies on avoiding repetition in light of the surrounding apron art/logos/etc.

#352 3 years ago

Hey all,

Since launching the site, many have noticed how I have been blasting new designs out. I've released at least one new card set a day for the past 30 days (and for most of those days I've been releasing upwards of 3 or 4 new sets). Seriously, there have only been 3 days where I didn't release a new set in that time, yay!... Well, don't get too scared, but to get ready for the official launch, it's time for a change! *shudders*

Instead of releasing new designs daily (that's just not a good format - it's messy, it's (sort of) stressful, and there's no lead up!), I'll now have TWO release days per week. So, from here on out, every TUESDAY and SATURDAY, I'll release a new batch of rule card sets.

This is a good thing for everyone. Now you'll be able to drop by the site during the week, or weekend (or both!), and check out a whole group of new designs from different eras, instead of just checking by real quick daily only to see I did a new design you weren't waiting for.

(And of course, I'll post new designs here on Pinside as well!)

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from Redcloudball:

Would love the old amazing spiderman and tmnt those would be bad ass awesome work

Thanks! And I'll gladly add those to the list.

My first pin was TMNT! Funny story... I actually made myself custom cards for that back when I had it, a whole two years ago before even having the idea of starting my site!

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Those look great! One's the napkin, the other's the menu with the silverware in the middle. Genius.

Thanks! No joke, when I was first starting the design I thought people were gonna hate this set and just laugh at it! Glad I went with my gut though :p

#360 3 years ago

I'm designing the new rule card download pages for the launch, and I have a question...

I'm trying to blow this out of the water with customization, so here are potential new features:
+ 8.5 x 11" card set download (already a feature)
+ 4 x 6" single cards download (for those who like to print at Walgreens/Walmart/etc)
+ Blank card downloads (full art featured, but no obstructions with words like FREE PLAY, etc)
+ Pricing cards (for arcades - small printouts of different pricing. Easily placeable over the blank card downloads just above)

I've thought and thought on this, and I believe everything above covers all of the bases possible as far as general custom features I can include, but maybe there's something you all need that I haven't stumbled upon yet.

So, the question is. Is there any other level of customization that you all would like to see utilized?

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from Starwriter:

Yes, definitely.
Also, how tuff would it be to have a dropdown menu for pricing? Make your selection, click "apply" and then it magically appears on the card.

It would take a whole whole lot to make that happen. I'll really keep that in mind for down the road though.

However, my end process that you'll end up seeing is basically that exactly, but in physical form.
There will be a special link on the site for pricing cards (one for every price you can imagine), and you'll print those to place with your own preference on top of the blank artwork cards.

There have pretty much been two versions of pricing cards since the dawn of time (the original version which is just text - what I call the "For Amusement Only" cards, and the newer version - what I call the "Stern Style" cards). Both are great for getting info across, but there's literally ZERO art involved (which sucks, because there's still a ton of room left for art!).

So, my end designs will be something that will hopefully be tasteful where you'll be able to see a lot of the art on the cards, yet noticeable and informative for operators to be sure people will see pricing clearly.

#363 3 years ago

New set added yesterday via a donation request for Doctor Who!

As you can see, I finally gave in and started placing the preview images with the rules on the left - (as a designer it felt better to put the big nice score card image on this side, but that's just not how people really use them, so I've given in!) Not a big change, just thought I'd note it.

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/doctor-who-v1

Saturday's new releases will include a lot more sets this week. I worked on the site launch a lot over the weekend, so I didn't get a lot of time to crack out but the one set.

DoctorWhoV1Ref_(resized).png

#364 3 years ago

If any of you wanna be awesome, feel free to go follow my new social accounts if you use any of them. I'll eventually be using them to share site news, pinball stuff (duh), and special offers/giveaways for my shop once that part of the site launches. I plan to keep the posts pretty laid back and (hopefully) entertaining as well.

Facebook: http://facebook.com/pinballboy
Instagram: http://instagram.com/pinballboycom
Twitter: http://twitter.com/pinballboycom

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Followed you from Buffalo Pinball. Keep the cards coming!

Thanks, I followed back! Stay in touch, and when I get the shop part of the site full launched I'll be glad to send along some free stuff for you to give out at local tournaments/events if you'd like.

Quoted from Redcloudball:

Yea tmnt is my first pin but it's in pieces because I'm trying to make it look awesome and one of a kind. Would love to do cards that actually have bad guys because there really is nothing bad guy on the game. Even a apron theme where it would look like all the ba guys are trying to go after the turtles would be cool. Thanks Brian

Absolutely, can do. I'll make a note of that on my list.

Added to my to-do list

Quoted from mako:

Hi all from australia new to the forums would really love to see some custom cards for my bally harley davidson machine give the old girl some bling

Hey, welcome to Pinside! I'll gladly add that one to my to-do list, it can be your "Welcome to Pinside gift" from me

#370 3 years ago

It's Saturday, so that means it's time for some new card sets!
Today I have a set for a pin that doesn't seem to have any custom cards out there (Popeye), and Lord Of The Rings.

If you can't tell, I had a lot of fun with the Popeye set to make that awesome overlapping ship apron it has really pop.

Popeye Saves The Earth Download Page: http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/popeye-saves-the-earth-v1
Lord Of The Rings Download Page: http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/lotr-v1

PopeyeV1Ref_(resized).png

LOTRV1Ref_(resized).png

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Anything for Flight 2000?

Quoted from dfsays:

Missed this thread the first time around. Cool site! How about Black Sheep Squadron?

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Didn't see IM in there....I'd donate for some Cool VE versions.....

Quoted from Wynndi:

+1 On Black Sheep Squadron!

Just added all of the above to my to-do list!

#378 3 years ago

I feel like several have asked for Whirlwind now. I'll bump it up on my list and try to have a set for my next new posting on Tuesday

#384 3 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Love what you're doing... can't wait to see the site launch on the 20th! We will crosspost the launch on our little social media sites too.
I gotta add another vote for Whirlwind, and throw in Pinbot and NASCAR too...*cough* Thanks, Chad!

Thanks a ton! I've seriously been floored by other pinball sites like yours helping out the way they have so far. It's greatly appreciated!
And I'll bump all those on my list appropriately.

Quoted from Whysnow:

there are like 15 diferent whirlwind custom cards out there already...
How far down the list to get to Tx-Sector?

Hate to break it to you, but the official launch is actually just an announcement that I'm changing the site to WhirlwindBoy.com, and I'll only be doing variations of Whirlwind cards from here on out

I kid I kid, but seriously, I just bumped Tx-Sector wayyyy up the list (it was near the bottom) - I'll try to have a set in the week after the launch!

#385 3 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

I feel like several have asked for Whirlwind now. I'll bump it up on my list and try to have a set for my next new posting on Tuesday

Also, I totally lied in my above post, but it wasn't on purpose. I guess I worked a little too hard on the site over the past weekend... I pulled an all-nighter, then woke up the next day and was sick for the past two days. It honestly was the worst possible timing, so I'm a bit behind on the site launch and had to push back the new cards I had planned for yesterday a little.

I know it's not a huge deal or anything, but I thought it at least warranted a quick explanation!

#390 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Lol I really don't know how to say this without coming off like a huge jerk but I promise I don't mean it that way. I love the work you're doing! A while back I requested Pinball Magic and I think there was some confusion because shortly after my request you added Theater of Magic So by doing that I'm sure you made a lot more people happy because there's a lot more TOM owners than us PM owners, but sadly I am not one of them! I'm still patiently hoping to see some of your great designs come to Capcom's Pinball Magic! So consider this my formal request to help make us neglected Capcom owners get to feel a little warm and fuzzy inside

Haha, no worries, you don't sound like a jerk at all!
I just looked, and I still have Pinball Magic on my list, but it was near the bottom right between my finished sets and to-do list. So I must have kicked that poor thing down to the basement without even realizing it.

I just reconciled it from the depths of the list and have given it safe haven near the top! If I don't get it done in time for the new sets that will be going up with the site launch on Saturday, then I'll definitely have a set done for you by my Tuesday release day.

#392 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

there is a good chance they will, but still prefer to see new cards for games that dont have them over games that have tons of options.

Boy oh boy, do I have some bad news for you... I wasn't kidding

http://pinballboy.com/whirlwind

#393 3 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

That may be true, but it's always nice to have more choices. You never know Chad's may blow everyone else's away.

Pun intended

#396 3 years ago

Alright everyone, I wanted to share the news that the official site launch will be going live tomorrow at 12:00PM (CT)!

There will be literally countless new features for the free rule card portion of the site, plus the shop will be live with the first FOUR Pinball Boy products

Plus, after tomorrow I won't be spending all of my free time on all of these new features, so that means I can get back to putting out more than just a couple new rule card sets each week!

Exclamation point!!!

#398 3 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Awesome news about the site.
Does this mean Al's garage band is on the list (at least somewhere in there)?

Yep, no worries, Al's on the list