(Topic ID: 148941)

Custom Rule Cards / Site Launch - Pinballboy.com (v2.0 coming in 2018!)

By chadsugg

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 587 posts
  • 160 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by metalkatt
  • Topic is favorited by 127 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 109 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Cards2small (resized).png
IMG_3347 (resized).JPG
IMG_3346 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 5.32.13 PM (resized).png
BarracoraV1Ref_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
20160412_062924_(resized).jpg
IMG_1875_(resized).jpg
KISSV3Ref_(resized).png
FathomV1Ref_(resized).png
SouthParkV1Ref_(resized).png
JokerzV1Ref_(resized).png
TheGetawayV1Ref_(resized).png
TXSectorV1Ref_(resized).png
SpaceShuttleV1Ref_(resized).png
SwordsOfFuryV1Ref_(resized).png

There are 587 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.
#401 3 years ago

Super Orbit

#402 3 years ago

Awesome Chad! Those new pricing features are great!

#403 3 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Awesome Chad! Those new pricing features are great!

Thanks, glad you like em!

#404 3 years ago

cool website, love the coster.

*edited* actually placed an order, i took the last 5, i wanted to have 8

#405 3 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

cool website, love the coster.
*edited* actually placed an order, i took the last 5, i wanted to have 8

Thanks! And yeah, sorry, those went FAST! I thought people might like them, but I guess I didn't expect them to be so popular.

I'll shoot you a PM or an email tomorrow or Monday. I've gotta order more anyway, so maybe I can figure out a way to get you 8 without having to wait too long and without having to make you pay for shipping to Canada again!

#406 3 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Thanks! And yeah, sorry, those went FAST! I thought people might like them, but I guess I didn't expect them to be so popular.
I'll shoot you a PM or an email tomorrow or Monday. I've gotta order more anyway, so maybe I can figure out a way to get you 8 without having to wait too long and without having to make you pay for shipping to Canada again!

cool, that'd be great.

#407 3 years ago

It's New Card Tuesday!

Here's a brand new set for The Addams Family, plus a new version for Monster Bash. I'll be posting at least one more (but maybe two) new sets later today as well!

http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/addams-family-v1
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/mb-frankenstein-v1

AddamsFamilyV1Ref_(resized).png

MBFrankV1Ref_(resized).png

#408 3 years ago

Request for Williams IJ.

#410 3 years ago

Another brand new set for today, a donation request for Rollergames.

Don't worry, I made this one SUPER 80's to fit well with the theme

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/rollergames-v1

RollergamesV1Ref_(resized).png

#411 3 years ago

That rollergames one looks great. I need to add one of those to the Sys 11 wall

#412 3 years ago

wow, really like the designs.... I'm looking for an IM VE one... I think it would be cool to use comic book art for a version like the ones you did for x-men

#413 3 years ago

That Rollergames card set is so 80's it made John Stamos cry. So here's a picture of ET with Michael Jackson.

Screen-Shot-2014-12-23-at-15.42.31_(resized).png

#414 3 years ago

Wow, absolutely insane work! These are sick. I'm only on page 5 so I am not sure it has been requested, but how about some system11 Love for Swords of Fury an F-14?

#415 3 years ago

Just found these today.
Fantastic work sir. Much appreciated.

I love the fact that I can actually read the rules on the rule cards. I am replacing my rule card for Game of Thrones from the other card site with yours because it is so much clearer.
I would use the Khaleesi card as well but the lens flare rainbow color on the left bothers me for some reason. Probably just me. lol
Anyway keep up the great work.
Would love to see an alternate Metallica and maybe even a Firepower in the future.

#416 3 years ago

Such great work. Thank you!

I've been putting them on a Flash drive and bringing that to Staples to have them printed on heavy card stock. It's only a couple bucks a card!

#417 3 years ago

Would love a Truck stop!

#419 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Would love a Truck stop!

I would second that love!

#420 3 years ago

Still no love for The Getaway

#421 3 years ago

There are some other sites that have some pretty good getaway cards out there.

Taking nothing away from Chad and his products

#422 3 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Request for Williams IJ.

Quoted from bb2j3z:

wow, really like the designs.... I'm looking for an IM VE one... I think it would be cool to use comic book art for a version like the ones you did for x-men

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Would love a Truck stop!

I've added all these to my To-Do list!

Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Still no love for The Getaway

Bumped both of these up on my list for you guys. Will try to have some by next week's Tuesday or Saturday new releases!

#423 3 years ago

Will making a donation request get the ball rolling any faster for Firepower, Space Shuttle, and Whirlwind?? Paypal ready!!

#424 3 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

That Rollergames card set is so 80's it made John Stamos cry. So here's a picture of ET with Michael Jackson.

Hahaha. Funny story... This photo is actually one of my favorites. So much so that a few years ago I used it as the background for the tour passes on one of my music tours. Everybody on the tour used them, so E.T. and MJ were staring right back at me the whole time.

Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Wow, absolutely insane work! These are sick. I'm only on page 5 so I am not sure it has been requested, but how about some system11 Love for Swords of Fury an F-14?

Thanks! Just added both to the list!

Quoted from Arcade:

Just found these today.
Fantastic work sir. Much appreciated.
I love the fact that I can actually read the rules on the rule cards. I am replacing my rule card for Game of Thrones from the other card site with yours because it is so much clearer.
I would use the Khaleesi card as well but the lens flare rainbow color on the left bothers me for some reason. Probably just me. lol
Anyway keep up the great work.
Would love to see an alternate Metallica and maybe even a Firepower in the future.

Thanks, glad to hear! I'll definitely get a new version of Metallica out eventually.

Quoted from Rascal_H:

Such great work. Thank you!
I've been putting them on a Flash drive and bringing that to Staples to have them printed on heavy card stock. It's only a couple bucks a card!

Thanks, and you're welcome!
And yeah, that's a great way to do it! I actually just launched a new feature on the site where people who like to take them to Photo printers (Walgreens, Walmart) or Staples can print out the sets formatted for 4x6 paper.

Quoted from ChrisS:

That rollergames one looks great. I need to add one of those to the Sys 11 wall

Thanks Chris

#425 3 years ago

Flight 2000?

#426 3 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Will making a donation request get the ball rolling any faster for Firepower, Space Shuttle, and Whirlwind?? Paypal ready!!

i'd be curious to see those as well.

#427 3 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

I have been meaning to ask you if you were still using the factory rule cards on your Space Shuttle. Your machine definitely doesn't deserve them and deserves something much more.

#428 3 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I have been meaning to ask you if you were still using the factory rule cards on your Space Shuttle. Your machine definitely doesn't deserve them and deserves something much more.

i made some. see my thread.

#429 3 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Yep. I put donation requests at the top of my to-do list.

On the list, I'll bump it up a few spots for ya.

Quoted from beatmaster:

Space Shuttle will be fun, I'll bump it up on the list. I loved space-related stuff as a kid.

#430 3 years ago

Any chance for Spiderman VE please?

#431 3 years ago

I'm so stoked to see what you do for SoF and F-14! Lionman!

#432 3 years ago

Your stuff looks great!

Any chance you will post your to-do list so we can monitor for some of the stuff that has been requested and already paid a donation?

Thanks

#433 3 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

Any chance for Spiderman VE please?

Absolutely, I'm excited to do that one!

Quoted from Bman:

Your stuff looks great!
Any chance you will post your to-do list so we can monitor for some of the stuff that has been requested and already paid a donation?
Thanks

Thanks, and I love that idea! I'll make a note to get that posted today or tomorrow

#434 3 years ago

Thought I'd share a quick photo. The Oversized Tilt Buttons just arrived today, and I'm ecstatic with how they turned out with the soft matte finish!
These are available in the shop section of my site: http://pinballboy.com/shop

TiltButtonPinside_(resized).png

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Absolutely, I'm excited to do that one!

Thanks, and I love that idea! I'll make a note to get that posted today or tomorrow

That's a great idea but a bit scary. Be prepared for some to complain that they donated money and they don't feel they are far enough up in the list of "things to do"

#436 3 years ago

After almost a year my SoF PF restoration/assembly is complete. I made these temp cards while I wait for Chad to crank out his SoF set

unnamed-2_(resized).jpg

#437 3 years ago

Here's a screenshot of the top section of my To-Do list for custom card sets at the moment.
I just counted, and right now I have about 64 un-finished requests total.

I'll say (like I always have), donations go straight to the top of the list, but I absolutely 100% skip around.

My workflow for each new release day (I release new sets on Tuesdays & Saturdays) usually goes like this:
+ Donation Request
+ Newer title
+ New version of a set I've already done
+ Old title

Doing it this way feels fair, but also keeps my designs honest and "fresh" (or at least that's how it feels to me)

P.S. - Working on today's new sets right now. Should have them posted in a few hours!

PBQueue_(resized).png

#438 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

That's a great idea but a bit scary. Be prepared for some to complain that they donated money and they don't feel they are far enough up in the list of "things to do"

I agree about the scary part, but I'm a pretty laid back guy, and my turnaround is something I'm pretty proud of. So, HOPEFULLY I won't get burned at the stake for posting the list!

Quoted from nerdygrrl:

After almost a year my SoF PF restoration/assembly is complete. I made these temp cards while I wait for Chad to crank out his SoF set

They look great to me, I'll go ahead and mark these as "Completed" on my list!

#439 3 years ago

excited to see Jokerz! near the top

#440 3 years ago

Here are today's new sets!
Star Trek (Stern), plus new versions of Family Guy and Star Wars Trilogy

Download Pages:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/star-trek-v1
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/family-guy-v2
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/sw-trilogy-v2

StarTrekV1Ref_(resized).png
FamilyGuyV2Ref_(resized).png
SWTrilogyV2Ref_(resized).png

#441 3 years ago

Also, in relation to my "To-Do List" post above...

As you can see, sometimes I even skip around with the donation requests. However, there's always a reason.

For example: next up on my list was Fathom. Long story short, I tried to come up with a set for it, but just wasn't feeling it. I could have spent an extra hour or two trying different directions for the design, but usually it's just best for me and the design to just sit down with it again later. The good part is that it bugs me when I can nail a design first try, so when I give it a second pass it comes out wayyyyy better.

#442 3 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

unnamed-2_(resized).jpg

So hilarious!

Quoted from chadsugg:

Here are today's new sets!
Star Trek (Stern), plus new versions of Family Guy and Star Wars Trilogy
Download Pages:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/star-trek-v1
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/family-guy-v2
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/sw-trilogy-v2
StarTrekV1Ref_(resized).png
FamilyGuyV2Ref_(resized).png
SWTrilogyV2Ref_(resized).png

Amazing work!

#443 3 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Here's a screenshot of the top section of my To-Do list for custom card sets at the moment.
I just counted, and right now I have about 64 un-finished requests total.
I'll say (like I always have), donations go straight to the top of the list, but I absolutely 100% skip around.
My workflow for each new release day (I release new sets on Tuesdays & Saturdays) usually goes like this:
+ Donation Request
+ Newer title
+ New version of a set I've already done
+ Old title
Doing it this way feels fair, but also keeps my designs honest and "fresh" (or at least that's how it feels to me)
P.S. - Working on today's new sets right now. Should have them posted in a few hours!

PBQueue_(resized).png

HEY. WHY ISN'T BADCATS ANYWHERE NEAR THE TOP OF THE LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oops that may have just happened.

#444 3 years ago

You do some amazing art work.

#445 3 years ago

This would be a neat idea even without the rules one side bad guys one side good guys

image_(resized).png

#446 3 years ago

Family Guy card made me laugh.

#447 3 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Hahaha!

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Thought I'd share a quick photo. The Oversized Tilt Buttons just arrived today, and I'm ecstatic with how they turned out with the soft matte finish!
These are available in the shop section of my site: http://pinballboy.com/shop

TiltButtonPinside_(resized).png

Slightly off topic...but I think we need some pinball pint glasses to go with the coasters

#449 3 years ago

Today's new releases are Super Orbit, and a new version for Tron Legacy
(I'm kinda bummed I only have two new releases to share today, so I'm shooting for having a good five to seven new sets for Saturday's new releases!)

Downloads:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/super-orbit-v1
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/tron-legacy-v2

SuperOrbitV1Ref_(resized).png
TronLegacyV2Ref_(resized).png

#450 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

HEY. WHY ISN'T BADCATS ANYWHERE NEAR THE TOP OF THE LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oops that may have just happened.

Lol Bad Cats is actually near the top with the donation requests. I have two lists, the one I posted the photo of, and one on my phone. I thought I had my updated my list, but I looked after seeing this response and there's literally a good 10 extra requests I accidentally didn't include

Quoted from bonanza:

You do some amazing art work.

Thanks!

Quoted from Redcloudball:

This would be a neat idea even without the rules one side bad guys one side good guys

I like it. I'm excited to do the TMNT whenever I finally get to it

Quoted from nosro:

Family Guy card made me laugh.

Lol, glad someone appreciated my humor with that one

Quoted from Qmay:

Slightly off topic...but I think we need some pinball pint glasses to go with the coasters

That's a great idea, I'll see what I can do!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Machine - For Sale
Livingston, NJ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
There are 587 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside