(Topic ID: 148941)

Custom Rule Cards / Site Launch - Pinballboy.com (v2.0 coming in 2020!)

By chadsugg

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 598 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chadsugg
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunstersSideBySide V1 (resized).png
Cards2small (resized).png
IMG_3347 (resized).JPG
IMG_3346 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 5.32.13 PM (resized).png
BarracoraV1Ref_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
20160412_062924_(resized).jpg
IMG_1875_(resized).jpg
KISSV3Ref_(resized).png
FathomV1Ref_(resized).png
SouthParkV1Ref_(resized).png
JokerzV1Ref_(resized).png
TheGetawayV1Ref_(resized).png
TXSectorV1Ref_(resized).png
SpaceShuttleV1Ref_(resized).png
There are 598 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.
#351 8 years ago

Thanks! (Donation sent)

20160205_180615_(resized).jpg20160205_180615_(resized).jpg

#352 8 years ago

Hey all,

Since launching the site, many have noticed how I have been blasting new designs out. I've released at least one new card set a day for the past 30 days (and for most of those days I've been releasing upwards of 3 or 4 new sets). Seriously, there have only been 3 days where I didn't release a new set in that time, yay!... Well, don't get too scared, but to get ready for the official launch, it's time for a change! *shudders*

Instead of releasing new designs daily (that's just not a good format - it's messy, it's (sort of) stressful, and there's no lead up!), I'll now have TWO release days per week. So, from here on out, every TUESDAY and SATURDAY, I'll release a new batch of rule card sets.

This is a good thing for everyone. Now you'll be able to drop by the site during the week, or weekend (or both!), and check out a whole group of new designs from different eras, instead of just checking by real quick daily only to see I did a new design you weren't waiting for.

(And of course, I'll post new designs here on Pinside as well!)

#353 8 years ago

Would love the old amazing spiderman and tmnt those would be bad ass awesome work

#354 8 years ago
Quoted from Redcloudball:

Would love the old amazing spiderman and tmnt those would be bad ass awesome work

Thanks! And I'll gladly add those to the list.

My first pin was TMNT! Funny story... I actually made myself custom cards for that back when I had it, a whole two years ago before even having the idea of starting my site!

#355 8 years ago

Well, now that you did BOPP, the aprons on my other two machines look ugly now, lol. How about Slick Chick and Sky Kings so I can clean em up? Good opportunity to switch it up with more vintage stuff.

Keep up the great work!!!

#356 8 years ago

Awesome, awesome work! I'd love to see your creation for Sega South Park.

#357 8 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Thanks! (Donation sent)

20160205_180615_(resized).jpg

Those look great! One's the napkin, the other's the menu with the silverware in the middle. Genius.

#358 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Those look great! One's the napkin, the other's the menu with the silverware in the middle. Genius.

Thanks! No joke, when I was first starting the design I thought people were gonna hate this set and just laugh at it! Glad I went with my gut though :p

#359 8 years ago

I thought they were perfect! Also using the MET Pro set which look awesome.

#360 8 years ago

I'm designing the new rule card download pages for the launch, and I have a question...

I'm trying to blow this out of the water with customization, so here are potential new features:
+ 8.5 x 11" card set download (already a feature)
+ 4 x 6" single cards download (for those who like to print at Walgreens/Walmart/etc)
+ Blank card downloads (full art featured, but no obstructions with words like FREE PLAY, etc)
+ Pricing cards (for arcades - small printouts of different pricing. Easily placeable over the blank card downloads just above)

I've thought and thought on this, and I believe everything above covers all of the bases possible as far as general custom features I can include, but maybe there's something you all need that I haven't stumbled upon yet.

So, the question is. Is there any other level of customization that you all would like to see utilized?

#361 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

+ Blank card downloads (full art featured, but no obstructions with words like FREE PLAY, etc)

Yes, definitely.

Also, how tuff would it be to have a dropdown menu for pricing? Make your selection, click "apply" and then it magically appears on the card.

#362 8 years ago
Quoted from Starwriter:

Yes, definitely.
Also, how tuff would it be to have a dropdown menu for pricing? Make your selection, click "apply" and then it magically appears on the card.

It would take a whole whole lot to make that happen. I'll really keep that in mind for down the road though.

However, my end process that you'll end up seeing is basically that exactly, but in physical form.
There will be a special link on the site for pricing cards (one for every price you can imagine), and you'll print those to place with your own preference on top of the blank artwork cards.

There have pretty much been two versions of pricing cards since the dawn of time (the original version which is just text - what I call the "For Amusement Only" cards, and the newer version - what I call the "Stern Style" cards). Both are great for getting info across, but there's literally ZERO art involved (which sucks, because there's still a ton of room left for art!).

So, my end designs will be something that will hopefully be tasteful where you'll be able to see a lot of the art on the cards, yet noticeable and informative for operators to be sure people will see pricing clearly.

#363 8 years ago

New set added yesterday via a donation request for Doctor Who!

As you can see, I finally gave in and started placing the preview images with the rules on the left - (as a designer it felt better to put the big nice score card image on this side, but that's just not how people really use them, so I've given in!) Not a big change, just thought I'd note it.

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/doctor-who-v1

Saturday's new releases will include a lot more sets this week. I worked on the site launch a lot over the weekend, so I didn't get a lot of time to crack out but the one set.

DoctorWhoV1Ref_(resized).pngDoctorWhoV1Ref_(resized).png

#364 8 years ago

If any of you wanna be awesome, feel free to go follow my new social accounts if you use any of them. I'll eventually be using them to share site news, pinball stuff (duh), and special offers/giveaways for my shop once that part of the site launches. I plan to keep the posts pretty laid back and (hopefully) entertaining as well.

Facebook: http://facebook.com/pinballboy
Instagram: http://instagram.com/pinballboycom
Twitter: http://twitter.com/pinballboycom

#365 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

If any of you wanna be awesome, feel free to go follow my new social accounts if you use any of them. I'll eventually be using them to share site news, pinball stuff (duh), and special offers/giveaways for my shop once that part of the site launches. I plan to keep the posts pretty laid back and (hopefully) entertaining as well.
Facebook: http://facebook.com/pinballboy
Instagram: http://instagram.com/pinballboycom
Twitter: http://twitter.com/pinballboycom

Followed you from Buffalo Pinball. Keep the cards coming!

#366 8 years ago

Yea tmnt is my first pin but it's in pieces because I'm trying to make it look awesome and one of a kind. Would love to do cards that actually have bad guys because there really is nothing bad guy on the game. Even a apron theme where it would look like all the ba guys are trying to go after the turtles would be cool. Thanks Brian

#367 8 years ago

I'll gladly donate for Viper Night Drivin' and Maverick.

#368 8 years ago

Hi all from australia new to the forums would really love to see some custom cards for my bally harley davidson machine give the old girl some bling

#369 8 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Followed you from Buffalo Pinball. Keep the cards coming!

Thanks, I followed back! Stay in touch, and when I get the shop part of the site full launched I'll be glad to send along some free stuff for you to give out at local tournaments/events if you'd like.

Quoted from Redcloudball:

Yea tmnt is my first pin but it's in pieces because I'm trying to make it look awesome and one of a kind. Would love to do cards that actually have bad guys because there really is nothing bad guy on the game. Even a apron theme where it would look like all the ba guys are trying to go after the turtles would be cool. Thanks Brian

Absolutely, can do. I'll make a note of that on my list.

Quoted from PoMC:

I'll gladly donate for Viper Night Drivin' and Maverick.

Added to my to-do list

Quoted from mako:

Hi all from australia new to the forums would really love to see some custom cards for my bally harley davidson machine give the old girl some bling

Hey, welcome to Pinside! I'll gladly add that one to my to-do list, it can be your "Welcome to Pinside gift" from me

#370 8 years ago

It's Saturday, so that means it's time for some new card sets!
Today I have a set for a pin that doesn't seem to have any custom cards out there (Popeye), and Lord Of The Rings.

If you can't tell, I had a lot of fun with the Popeye set to make that awesome overlapping ship apron it has really pop.

Popeye Saves The Earth Download Page: http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/popeye-saves-the-earth-v1
Lord Of The Rings Download Page: http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/lotr-v1

PopeyeV1Ref_(resized).pngPopeyeV1Ref_(resized).png

LOTRV1Ref_(resized).pngLOTRV1Ref_(resized).png

#371 8 years ago

Anything for Flight 2000?

#372 8 years ago

Missed this thread the first time around. Cool site! How about Black Sheep Squadron?

#373 8 years ago

Didn't see IM in there....I'd donate for some Cool VE versions.....

#374 8 years ago

+1 On Black Sheep Squadron!

#375 8 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Anything for Flight 2000?

Quoted from dfsays:

Missed this thread the first time around. Cool site! How about Black Sheep Squadron?

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Didn't see IM in there....I'd donate for some Cool VE versions.....

Quoted from Wynndi:

+1 On Black Sheep Squadron!

Just added all of the above to my to-do list!

#376 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Just added all of the above to my to-do list!

Sweet!!!....thanks...mark

#377 8 years ago

Any word on Whirlwind, or Space Shuttle?

#378 8 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Any word on Whirlwind, or Space Shuttle?

I feel like several have asked for Whirlwind now. I'll bump it up on my list and try to have a set for my next new posting on Tuesday

#379 8 years ago

Donation sent. Thanks Chad for time making these for all us owners.

#380 8 years ago

It's Tuesday, looks like Chad put up version two of Batman, I feel bad if you own a batman and already printed v1, how do you choose!?

http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/batman-tdk-v2

#381 8 years ago

Love what you're doing... can't wait to see the site launch on the 20th! We will crosspost the launch on our little social media sites too.

I gotta add another vote for Whirlwind, and throw in Pinbot and NASCAR too...*cough* Thanks, Chad!

#382 8 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Love what you're doing... can't wait to see the site launch on the 20th! We will crosspost the launch on our little social media sites too.
I gotta add another vote for Whirlwind, and throw in Pinbot and NASCAR too...*cough* Thanks, Chad!

I second the vote on Nascar rule cards. Great work Chad.

#383 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

I feel like several have asked for Whirlwind now. I'll bump it up on my list and try to have a set for my next new posting on Tuesday

there are like 15 diferent whirlwind custom cards out there already...

How far down the list to get to Tx-Sector?

#384 8 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Thanks a ton! I've seriously been floored by other pinball sites like yours helping out the way they have so far. It's greatly appreciated!
And I'll bump all those on my list appropriately.

Quoted from Whysnow:

How far down the list to get to Tx-Sector?

Hate to break it to you, but the official launch is actually just an announcement that I'm changing the site to WhirlwindBoy.com, and I'll only be doing variations of Whirlwind cards from here on out

I kid I kid, but seriously, I just bumped Tx-Sector wayyyy up the list (it was near the bottom) - I'll try to have a set in the week after the launch!

#385 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Also, I totally lied in my above post, but it wasn't on purpose. I guess I worked a little too hard on the site over the past weekend... I pulled an all-nighter, then woke up the next day and was sick for the past two days. It honestly was the worst possible timing, so I'm a bit behind on the site launch and had to push back the new cards I had planned for yesterday a little.

I know it's not a huge deal or anything, but I thought it at least warranted a quick explanation!

#386 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

I'm changing the site to WhirlwindBoy.com, and I'll only be doing variations of Whirlwind cards from here on out

lol

Quoted from chadsugg:

I just bumped Tx-Sector wayyyy up the list

thanks!

#387 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That may be true, but it's always nice to have more choices. You never know Chad's may blow everyone else's away.

#388 8 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

That may be true, but it's always nice to have more choices. You never know Chad's may blow everyone else's away.

there is a good chance they will, but still prefer to see new cards for games that dont have them over games that have tons of options.

#389 8 years ago

Lol I really don't know how to say this without coming off like a huge jerk but I promise I don't mean it that way. I love the work you're doing! A while back I requested Pinball Magic and I think there was some confusion because shortly after my request you added Theater of Magic So by doing that I'm sure you made a lot more people happy because there's a lot more TOM owners than us PM owners, but sadly I am not one of them! I'm still patiently hoping to see some of your great designs come to Capcom's Pinball Magic! So consider this my formal request to help make us neglected Capcom owners get to feel a little warm and fuzzy inside

#390 8 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Lol I really don't know how to say this without coming off like a huge jerk but I promise I don't mean it that way. I love the work you're doing! A while back I requested Pinball Magic and I think there was some confusion because shortly after my request you added Theater of Magic So by doing that I'm sure you made a lot more people happy because there's a lot more TOM owners than us PM owners, but sadly I am not one of them! I'm still patiently hoping to see some of your great designs come to Capcom's Pinball Magic! So consider this my formal request to help make us neglected Capcom owners get to feel a little warm and fuzzy inside

Haha, no worries, you don't sound like a jerk at all!
I just looked, and I still have Pinball Magic on my list, but it was near the bottom right between my finished sets and to-do list. So I must have kicked that poor thing down to the basement without even realizing it.

I just reconciled it from the depths of the list and have given it safe haven near the top! If I don't get it done in time for the new sets that will be going up with the site launch on Saturday, then I'll definitely have a set done for you by my Tuesday release day.

#391 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Haha, no worries, you don't sound like a jerk at all!
I just looked, and I still have Pinball Magic on my list, but it was near the bottom right between my finished sets and to-do list. So I must have kicked that poor thing down to the basement without even realizing it.
I just reconciled it from the depths of the list and have given it safe haven near the top! If I don't get it done in time for the new sets that will be going up with the site launch on Saturday, then I'll definitely have a set done for you by my Tuesday release day.

Haha no worries man, and feel free to take your time! I just wanted to make sure it wasn't forgotten about! Thanks!

#392 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

there is a good chance they will, but still prefer to see new cards for games that dont have them over games that have tons of options.

Boy oh boy, do I have some bad news for you... I wasn't kidding

http://pinballboy.com/whirlwind

#393 8 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Pun intended

#394 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Boy oh boy, do I have some bad news for you... I wasn't kidding
http://pinballboy.com/whirlwind

LOL AWESOME!!!!!!!

#395 8 years ago

Ninja ninja !!!!

#396 8 years ago

Alright everyone, I wanted to share the news that the official site launch will be going live tomorrow at 12:00PM (CT)!

There will be literally countless new features for the free rule card portion of the site, plus the shop will be live with the first FOUR Pinball Boy products

Plus, after tomorrow I won't be spending all of my free time on all of these new features, so that means I can get back to putting out more than just a couple new rule card sets each week!

Exclamation point!!!

#397 8 years ago

Awesome news about the site.

Does this mean Al's garage band is on the list (at least somewhere in there)?

#398 8 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Awesome news about the site.
Does this mean Al's garage band is on the list (at least somewhere in there)?

Yep, no worries, Al's on the list

#399 8 years ago

Just sliding another coin in the "hype" machine...
Pardon the mess on the site while all of the new features are being shuffled into place!

SeeYa1_(resized).pngSeeYa1_(resized).png

#400 8 years ago

Hey all,

I'm proud/excited to share that the site has just 100% officially launched!

There's a bunch of new features that will hopefully please those looking for custom rule cards, but also new features that are geared toward owner/operators with brand new fully-customizable PRICING CARDS (and of course, they're all still absolutely FREE)...
Oh, and not to mention, the BRAND NEW SHOP!

I'll be making a new thread today to share all the details of all the stuff available in the shop, but here's a pic of the big first product - Pinball Pennants!

But yeah, everything is live, so feel free to go check it out - http://pinballboy.com
Would love to hear what you guys think of it all!

TiltNowAvail_(resized).pngTiltNowAvail_(resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 18.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 598 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-rule-cards-site-launch-pinballboycom/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.