(Topic ID: 148941)

Custom Rule Cards / Site Launch - Pinballboy.com (v2.0 coming in 2020!)

By chadsugg

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 598 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chadsugg
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunstersSideBySide V1 (resized).png
Cards2small (resized).png
IMG_3347 (resized).JPG
IMG_3346 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 5.32.13 PM (resized).png
BarracoraV1Ref_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
20160412_062924_(resized).jpg
IMG_1875_(resized).jpg
KISSV3Ref_(resized).png
FathomV1Ref_(resized).png
SouthParkV1Ref_(resized).png
JokerzV1Ref_(resized).png
TheGetawayV1Ref_(resized).png
TXSectorV1Ref_(resized).png
SpaceShuttleV1Ref_(resized).png
There are 598 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.
#301 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Question is...are they hip to the Chad H rule set? Ill re-download now.

Would love some insight on if this revision is still a bit off (or totally off!).

Seriously the only things I can find with these rules seem to be from the factory set, which were obviously incorrect from the get-go.

#302 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Would love some insight on if this revision is still a bit off (or totally off!).
Seriously the only things I can find with these rules seem to be from the factory set, which were obviously incorrect from the get-go.

He has the whole rules breakdown here:

http://www.pinballcode.com/

#303 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

He has the whole rules breakdown here:
http://www.pinballcode.com/

Awesome, thanks for the link! I'll look this over and get the cards updated soon

#304 8 years ago

I would still keep up the ones you put AND the ones you update, not everyone has the chad H roms installed in their games.

#305 8 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

I would still keep up the ones you put AND the ones you update, not everyone has the chad H roms installed in their games.

ya whats up with that?

#306 8 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

That was actually my next question for the JP owners. Thanks for the input! I'll clarify on the site, plus make two downloads available.

#307 8 years ago

Here's a new version I wanted to do for TSPP, featuring everyone's favorite murderous Tom & Jerry twins

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/tspp-v2

SimpsonsPartyRef2_(resized).pngSimpsonsPartyRef2_(resized).png

#308 8 years ago

A different spin on Rollergames would be great.

#309 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Here's a new version I wanted to do for TSPP, featuring everyone's favorite murderous Tom & Jerry twins
Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/tspp-v2

SimpsonsPartyRef2_(resized).png

Haha. I gotta swap my TSPP out already?!

#310 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Haha. I gotta swap my TSPP out already?!

Haha. I'm a pretty big Simpsons fan, so I'll definitely end up doing several completely different versions Can't wait for Halloween so I can do a Treehouse Of Horror set!

#311 8 years ago

Love the PF. Can't wait to download and print it tomorrow.

Manchester, TN? I have worked many a Bonnaroo Festival.

I can't remember the name of the Mexican joint in town that so the most amazing chorizo and shrimp nachos. It might be one of the best to ever come out of that place......besides your cards.

#312 8 years ago

Fixed my Grand Lizard today. Would be great to celebrate with some new cards

#313 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Just because you're clearly doing this too fast, I thought I'd mention double checking rules to make sure they're correct. JP factory rule cards are wrong (BSD too).

Chad I think the sarcasm got lost in translation, guessing from the smiley at the end. I personally think you're not going fast enough (see what I did there? ) keep up the amazing work!

#314 8 years ago
Quoted from Qmay:

Chad I think the sarcasm got lost in translation, guessing from the smiley at the end. I personally think you're not going fast enough (see what I did there? ) keep up the amazing work!

You know, I was worried my response may have seemed like I was upset by his comment, when really I was genuinely glad he pointed out the error.

Sarcasm and Coca-Cola are two of my sources of life, without them I would be truly nothing.

That being said, thanks for the kind words! Glad people don't hate my stuff yet

#315 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Went for a super simple design with these, since the cabinet is so laid back and open. Let me know if you like these enough, because I can gladly do another version if these don't pop for ya!
Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/stars-v1
SternStarsV1Ref_(resized).png

They're not really what I had in mind but I'm just glad someone made some cool cards for it. I don't think you'll have a lot of people looking for Stars cards so thanks for what you did. I'll be sure to use them.

#316 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Went for a super simple design with these, since the cabinet is so laid back and open. Let me know if you like these enough, because I can gladly do another version if these don't pop for ya!
Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/stars-v1
SternStarsV1Ref_(resized).png

Fantastic. I was beginning to come to terms with having to settle for my old and faded originals! Thanks so much for these.

#317 8 years ago

Absolutely fantastic designs! Your an asset to the hobby!

#318 8 years ago

Just finished a Williams Flash, if you get time would love to put new cards on it. Thank you very much for these

#319 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

They're not really what I had in mind but I'm just glad someone made some cool cards for it. I don't think you'll have a lot of people looking for Stars cards so thanks for what you did. I'll be sure to use them.

Here we go! It took some digging to find an image I could even alter to make look good, but I think this is more like what you were hoping for from what you described.

Like I've mentioned, I'm here to bring designs people love, not ones to just settle for

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/stars-v2

SternStarsV2Ref_(resized).pngSternStarsV2Ref_(resized).png

#320 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Here we go! It took some digging to find an image I could even alter to make look good, but I think this is more like what you were hoping for from what you described.
Like I've mentioned, I'm here to bring designs people love, not ones to just settle for
Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/stars-v2

SternStarsV2Ref_(resized).png

Hey...Yeah that is great. Thanks a lot. I'll be sure to donate.

#321 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Clearly doing this too fast?... I check every single set I do with two separate previous rule cards available on the internet (sometimes three, if anything seems off). Thanks for the heads up though, always glad to correct any errors asap. I haven't done BSD yet, but I'll make a note for when I do.

That wasn't meant to disparage, I promise. I'm just amazed at how fast you are getting these out with how great they look. I was speaking tongue in cheek because you obviously have a lot to do. I apologize if it came off as insulting!

As for the rules, if you aren't familiar with the game, It's understandable that you'd have the same incorrect rules as the factory cards, again, wasn't trying to be insulting. Sorry!

Edit: I see someone else pointed it out, phew. . As an example, look how fast the second Stars cards came out and they're awesome... . You're going to make me want to buy games just for the cards!

#322 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

That wasn't meant to disparage, I promise. I'm just amazed at how fast you are getting these out with how great they look. I was speaking tongue in cheek because you obviously have a lot to do. I apologize if it came off as insulting!
As for the rules, if you aren't familiar with the game, It's understandable that you'd have the same incorrect rules as the factory cards, again, wasn't trying to be insulting. Sorry!
Edit: I see someone else pointed it out, phew. . As an example, look how fast the second Stars cards came out and they're awesome... . You're going to make me want to buy games just for the cards!

No worries, I didn't take your original post as an insult No joke, I literally almost made a post right after my original response to make sure nothing was taken the wrong way as well!

All in all, thanks for the kind words

Quoted from Gnatty:

Absolutely fantastic designs! Your an asset to the hobby!

Thanks!... However, I think you accidentally added an "et" to that complimentary word in the second sentence

Quoted from Drew13:

Just finished a Williams Flash, if you get time would love to put new cards on it. Thank you very much for these

Awesome, I'll add that to my list!

Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Fixed my Grand Lizard today. Would be great to celebrate with some new cards

Congrats on the fix, and consider it done!

Quoted from ChrisS:

Love the PF. Can't wait to download and print it tomorrow.
Manchester, TN? I have worked many a Bonnaroo Festival.
I can't remember the name of the Mexican joint in town that so the most amazing chorizo and shrimp nachos. It might be one of the best to ever come out of that place......besides your cards.

Awesome, glad you liked the set. Definitely one of those ones I wasn't sure what I was gonna do, and then it just clicked.

And yeah, the family and I just moved to Manchester last year. (I'm from TN, but we moved back here from IN). And you're probably talking about EL Molcajete - we eat there all the time. And woah now, if people are gonna start describing my cards as comparable to the delicious gift from the heavens that is Mexican food, then we might have to start checking people for fevers in here!

#323 8 years ago

Hey everyone,

Started the early stage reveals of the "official" site launch today with the official Pinball Boy logo, so I thought I'd share it here too!

I posted a quick blog about the reasoning behind this new logo (basically the original was just a placeholder) if you'd like to check that out @ http://pinballboy.com/blog . Gonna post a "behind-the-scenes" look at how I came up with the logo over the next few days as well

PBPinLogoHi_(resized).pngPBPinLogoHi_(resized).png

#324 8 years ago

Stargate
Dr. Who
LOTR

THANKS!!!!

#325 8 years ago

would be awesome! along with that Tx Sector love that is coming

#326 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Here you guys go!
Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/haunted-house-v1

HauntedHouseV1Ref_(resized).png

Thank you Chad! This looks awesome. Can't wait to get this printed up on good stock and I'm heading to your site now to donate.

#327 8 years ago

#328 8 years ago

Hi Chad

You do awesome work!

Is there any chance we operators with pins in the wild could get costs to play on the card instead of free play? I hesitate to use your rules cards with the stock pricing cards, as they look so different. (My new titles are $1 a play, 6 plays for $5)

+1 for LotR.

#329 8 years ago

Adding simple text to an image is easy in Photoshop. If price cards were made with artwork but no text, people could add their own pricing.

Edit: I see some of the cards are made blank. Would be nice if all of them had the choice of "free play" or blank.

#330 8 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Hi Chad
You do awesome work!
Is there any chance we operators with pins in the wild could get costs to play on the card instead of free play? I hesitate to use your rules cards with the stock pricing cards, as they look so different. (My new titles are $1 a play, 6 plays for $5)
+1 for LotR.

Thanks! And yeah, I can absolutely make this happen in the short term (as for long term, look to my response just below this!)

Quoted from Starwriter:

Adding simple text to an image is easy in Photoshop. If price cards were made with artwork but no text, people could add their own pricing.
Edit: I see some of the cards are made blank. Would be nice if all of them had the choice of "free play" or blank.

This is something I'm working on for the full launch of the site, which I hope will really bring a new level of customization to my designs. Basically a way to make it easy for people to add specific pricing/free play/etc if they don't have easy access to an editing program.

#331 8 years ago

I'm baffled at the fact that there doesn't seem to be a card set already for Stern's Batman (The Dark Knight) that features one of the best comic book villain portrayals of all freakin' time!

So, here ya go...

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/the-dark-knight-v1

TheDarkKnightV1Ref_(resized).pngTheDarkKnightV1Ref_(resized).png

#332 8 years ago

Donation sent Chad. Thanks for the BDK cards - will install tonight!

#333 8 years ago

Happy to donate. Nice looking stuff so far Chad. Any chance you'll do Medusa?

#334 8 years ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

Happy to donate. Nice looking stuff so far Chad. Any chance you'll do Medusa?

Thanks And sure, I'll add it to the list!

#335 8 years ago

Just a heads up - I have a shiny new email, for anyone who needs to get in touch: [email protected]

And leading up to the official launch, with the extra work-load of getting all the new site features ready, I'll probably only be sharing one or two new designs a day... Speaking of: I added the placeholder page to the site today, for what will eventually be the other big half of the site - the Pinball Boy Shop! (And don't worry, the main purpose of the site will still be the free cards!)

I don't wanna let the cat out of the bag just yet, but I'm excited to hopefully bring some custom game room products to our hobby that haven't really been seen before here, or at least not for a long long time. Eventually I'm hoping the shop will offset the need for donations - as I'd like the free rule cards to just be 100% free and not tied to any type of money at all.... Sort of a "come for the free cards, stay for the cool products kind of thing".

Anyway, I'm excited. I'm currently finishing the final design of the first product for the shop, and am hoping to send it off for production in the next couple of weeks!

#336 8 years ago

The Getaway pleeeease!

#337 8 years ago

Every time I look on here and there are no rollergames cards, I die a little inside

#338 8 years ago

Couple of new requests are finished up for some oldies but goodies, plus a quick announcement:

Requests added:
Nitro Ground Shaker: http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/nitro-ground-shaker-v1
Checkpoint: http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/checkpoint-v1

Also, I've set the date for the official launch of the site!.... FEBRUARY 20TH! Mark your calendars

CheckpointV1Ref_(resized).pngCheckpointV1Ref_(resized).png

NitroV1Ref_(resized).pngNitroV1Ref_(resized).png

#339 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

The Getaway pleeeease!

Already on the list - I'll bump it up a few spots for ya!

Quoted from practicalsteve:

Every time I look on here and there are no rollergames cards, I die a little inside

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED (no, but seriously, I'll bump it up the list too, and try to get a set done by this weekend)

#340 8 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

How about Stern Original Spiderman with the Green Goblin and Stargate.

Here you go! I'll definitely do more versions for this title, but for this first, I thought I'd give Spidey a break (since he's literally allllll over the apron) and focus on some of the villains.

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/spiderman-v1

SpiderManV1Ref_(resized).pngSpiderManV1Ref_(resized).png

#341 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Already on the list - I'll bump it up a few spots for ya!

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED (no, but seriously, I'll bump it up the list too, and try to get a set done by this weekend)

Good stuff!

#342 8 years ago

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a good 10-20 people to help me launch the first product I have planned for the shop (which will be going live with the site's official launch on the 20th of this month). It's nothing difficult - I'll just need you to view some product images/designs and fill out a survey/give some quick feedback. I'll gladly hook anyone up who helps out with some kind of discount once it's all live.

If interested in helping out, just shoot me a quick PM on here simply saying so, and I'll get in touch tomorrow with details

#343 8 years ago

Spidy looks bad ass! It would be awesome if you could do the same style but reverse the villians! Sent pm willing to help out with what ever you need.
Harley D.

#344 8 years ago

I wanna thank those who have messaged me to help out with the survey so quickly, this is a HUGE help since I'm sort of a modern-day hermit and don't really have a fellow pinhead to immediately bounce these ideas off of, ha!

There are exactly 10 people I've sent the link to so far, and wouldn't mind sending to ten more. (For reference, this is in regards to my post just two above this one)

#345 8 years ago

If you ever need another person, LMK.

All I ask for in exchange is some sweet TX-Sector cards

Will donate for those also

#346 8 years ago

If you need another person to do your survey, sign me up.

--Luke

#347 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

... I thought I'd give Spidey a break (since he's literally allllll over the apron) ...

I'm glad you are taking a look at the Apron before making the cards. There are so many cards out there that look good in isolation, but look ridiculous juxtaposed with the apron art.

#348 8 years ago

I suppose I could do the survey.

#349 8 years ago

Hey all,

Looks like my Monster Bash sets were both sized wrong. They are both now fixed and their original download links have the new correct files!

Also, wanted to point out again - it's a HUGE help when you all point out if you think there's an error on my end with any card set. I'm the art guy, and while I do love the heck out of pinball, I am no pin-history buff quite yet! Like now, I know Monster Bash was a Williams95, and their cards are NOT the same size as every other SS Williams. Special thanks to Dave for bringing this specific issue to my attention

#350 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I'm glad you are taking a look at the Apron before making the cards. There are so many cards out there that look good in isolation, but look ridiculous juxtaposed with the apron art.

Glad to hear, thanks. And yeah, it's something I didn't realize I was paying attention to at first, and then someone point this exact fact out on here, and now a LOT of my design approach relies on avoiding repetition in light of the surrounding apron art/logos/etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Trade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 598 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-rule-cards-site-launch-pinballboycom/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.