(Topic ID: 148941)

Custom Rule Cards / Site Launch - Pinballboy.com (v2.0 coming in 2020!)

By chadsugg

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 598 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chadsugg
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunstersSideBySide V1 (resized).png
Cards2small (resized).png
IMG_3347 (resized).JPG
IMG_3346 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 5.32.13 PM (resized).png
BarracoraV1Ref_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
20160412_062924_(resized).jpg
IMG_1875_(resized).jpg
KISSV3Ref_(resized).png
FathomV1Ref_(resized).png
SouthParkV1Ref_(resized).png
JokerzV1Ref_(resized).png
TheGetawayV1Ref_(resized).png
TXSectorV1Ref_(resized).png
SpaceShuttleV1Ref_(resized).png
There are 598 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.
#251 8 years ago

That download stat is way too low compared to the downloads. I want to download but I only have one game that has instruction cards and it's not been done yet

#252 8 years ago

One of those donations was mine

#253 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

You know, I was unsure about that, but I couldn't find any sign that there wasn't a standard 5 balls per game.
If anyone needs it to say any different number, or has insight into the average balls per game for this one on ones they've played, I can very easily make a new version.

Not sure if this was communicated to you, but Lights Camera Action is 3 ball standard. If you could add a 3 balls per game card, I'd be forever grateful!!

Also, your work is incredible. Thank you for your contributions!!

#254 8 years ago

Disregard. Didn't notice the change on your website. Thanks for giving the less popular games some love!

#255 8 years ago

Haunted house please?

#256 8 years ago

Hey Chad! These designs look fantastic! Really creative, and they "pop." I would really appreciate (and I'm sure others would as well) you doing a set for Doctor Who. Thanks!

#257 8 years ago

These cards look great, if you could do The Flintstones it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#258 8 years ago
Quoted from cireone:

Wish there was a decent set for DemoMan.

Here ya go!

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/demoman-v1

DemoManRef1_(resized).pngDemoManRef1_(resized).png

#259 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That donate stat is way too low compared to the downloads. I want to download but I only have one game that has instruction cards and it's not been done yet

Yeah the donation number is low, but I'm not too worried about it. I figure it may be due to the fact that the site is so new, and a lot of people may just being waiting to see if I keep up with the site for good before pitching in.

Plus, it's not a huge deal because when I "officially" launch the site later next month, I plan on having other ways people can support without having to just donate. So hopefully that will eventually help a ton

#260 8 years ago

On Demo man, is it possible to get a card with Sandra in her outfit on one of the cards, she looked amazing and did that outfit justice.

Thanks!

#261 8 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

On Demo man, is it possible to get a card with Sandra in her outfit on one of the cards, she looked amazing and did that outfit justice.
Thanks!

I'll see what I can do. To be honest, I quickly found there's a reason there are many available cards for this one... There's hardly any source material on the internet.

That being said, I'll gladly see what I can do. I'm pretty sure there was a still I came across that had the main group in their uniforms, but none that were just of Sandra that were hi-res enough. I'll figure something out though

#262 8 years ago

Just a suggestion, but I think everyone who creates these cards should adopt the standard of using a 4x6 canvas for the file. The reason being that allows people to send them to local photo printers for printing on the cheapest possible size. Sams charges me $0.13 for a 4x6 print and a couple of bucks for 8.5x11. Yeah you still have to trim the cards but you can get it printed WAY cheaper than printing at home and also on a way nicer printer with ink that won't fade to nothing in a year or two.

When I download files like the ones on pinballboy, I bring them into Gimp and cut the card out then put it on a 4x6 canvas with the same scaling as the original download.

#263 8 years ago

Great work!!! High Speed the Getaway and F14 Tomcat please.

#264 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Just a suggestion, but I think everyone who creates these cards should adopt the standard of using a 4x6 canvas for the file. The reason being that allows people to send them to local photo printers for printing on the cheapest possible size. Sams charges me $0.13 for a 4x6 print and a couple of bucks for 8.5x11. Yeah you still have to trim the cards but you can get it printed WAY cheaper than printing at home and also on a way nicer printer with ink that won't fade to nothing in a year or two.
When I download files like the ones on pinballboy, I bring them into Gimp and cut the card out then put it on a 4x6 canvas with the same scaling as the original download.

Thanks for the input. And actually, I've mentioned a couple of times (which would be difficult to know if you haven't read through this 6 page topic, ha) that eventually I want to come up with a format that works for everyone while printing.

Basically, I plan to offer two download links on the site - one for standard paper, and one for 4x6. The reason I haven't done so yet, is simply that I want it to look good on the site. Right now, you go to the download page, and bam, it's pretty, it's simple - you know where the download button is, as well as what size you're downloading. One major focus of my whole site is to be streamlined and to the point, and adding two file options takes a good bit of work on the backend with making it look good and not too cluttered (yay OCD!).

This will definitely be a feature that goes live when I officially launch the full site in late February though

#265 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

one for standard paper, and one for 4x6.

Quoted from chadsugg:

This will definitely be a feature that goes live when I officially launch the full site in late February though

Awesome!!

#267 8 years ago

Thanks for making the Demo Man ones they look great!

#268 8 years ago

Cool looking cards, any chance of X-Men with a lot of character, I mean hero's and Villian's together? I'm tired of looking at Hero's on my Wolverine edt. Ive been wanting these for a long time and ready to DONATE. Like this type style or something kick ass.

x-men200pg00finch_(resized).jpgx-men200pg00finch_(resized).jpg

#269 8 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

Cool looking cards, any chance of X-Men with a lot of character, I mean hero's and Villian's together? I'm tired of looking at Hero's on my Wolverine edt. Ive been wanting these for a long time and ready to DONATE. Like this type style or something kick ass.

I'll be glad to make this happen!

#270 8 years ago

I wondered why the site saw a big spike in viewers a couple of days ago... Did some searching and found out the awesome guys over at The Pinball Podcast posted about the site! Thanks guys, I was super surprised and excited to see the mention!

PinballPodcastPB_(resized).pngPinballPodcastPB_(resized).png

#271 8 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

How about some love for the system 80 classics, Black Hole and Haunted House please. 3 ball and/or free play cards would be fantastic.

Quoted from Stretch7:

Haunted house please?

Here you guys go!

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/haunted-house-v1

HauntedHouseV1Ref_(resized).pngHauntedHouseV1Ref_(resized).png

#272 8 years ago

Just downloaded Mustang...version one....sweetness!

#273 8 years ago

Here is the difference between old, drab shitty cards and these new spiffed up cards.........

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

I didn't even request any of these but he knocked these TFTC cards out of the park....thanks Chadwick!!! He kept true to the campy horror theme. He's churning these out very efficiently as well. KUDOS.

#274 8 years ago

These are amazing! I would love to see a set for Pinball Magic please!

#275 8 years ago

Don't forget the greatest era of pinball ever!

System 11!!

Looking for police force, eatpm, riverboat gambler!

#276 8 years ago

You are awesome. Thanks for doing these.

Just wanted to throw that in there.

--Luke

#277 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

System 11!!

If your in a hurry there are some EATPM cards out there at the other sites.

I'm only trying to redirect you so he can concentrate on RBG, PF & BC. Then my SYS 11's are all good.

#278 8 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

Cool looking cards, any chance of X-Men with a lot of character, I mean hero's and Villian's together?

Here you go! There are many other versions I could do for this (and will, eventually), but the image you sent actually ended up being the closest that matched the pin's art style. I ended up playing off the purples from the playfield for the color scheme to mix it up a bit- I felt like there was a bit many blues and yellows on the apron.

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/xmen-v2

XmenV2Ref_(resized).pngXmenV2Ref_(resized).png

#279 8 years ago

Still holding out hope for a Stars. Maybe incoporate the cabinet art or rocket ship from the playfield.

#280 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Quoted from ChrisS:

I'm only trying to redirect you so he can concentrate on RBG, PF & BC.

Here you guys go, this one was really fun to do!

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/police-force-v1

PoliceForceV1Ref_(resized).pngPoliceForceV1Ref_(resized).png

#281 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Still holding out hope for a Stars. Maybe incoporate the cabinet art or rocket ship from the playfield.

It's coming up soon on my list

#283 8 years ago

Thank you for Haunted House and a vote for Rollergames as well
Donation Sent

#284 8 years ago

Would also love to see something for Pink Panther as well ....this has to be the most boring cabinet and apron artwork i have ever seen

#285 8 years ago

How about Stern Original Spiderman with the Green Goblin and Stargate. By the way these are stunning one of my top threads, cant wait to see what you do next!
Harley D.

#286 8 years ago

Very nice work! Impressed!!!!

#287 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Here you go! There are many other versions I could do for this (and will, eventually), but the image you sent actually ended up being the closest that matched the pin's art style. I ended up playing off the purples from the playfield for the color scheme to mix it up a bit- I felt like there was a bit many blues and yellows on the apron.
Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/xmen-v2

XmenV2Ref_(resized).png

Sweet! I will print them out tomorrow at work, hopefully I get them to print right. I will hold up my deal on my end and donate once they're in my game. Thanks again.

#288 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

System 11!!

what about Mousin Around...

#289 8 years ago

I'm extremely surprised to not see Whirlwind in the lineup.

#290 8 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Would love too see what you could do with Jurassic park!

Done

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/jurassic-park-v1

JurassicParkV1Ref_(resized).pngJurassicParkV1Ref_(resized).png

#291 8 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I'm extremely surprised to not see Whirlwind in the lineup.

No worries, it's on the request list. Looks like I'll probably get to that one early next week

Quoted from shovelhed:

How about Stern Original Spiderman with the Green Goblin and Stargate. By the way these are stunning one of my top threads, cant wait to see what you do next!
Harley D.

Thanks Harley, glad to hear! And all versions of the ol' webhead hold a place dear to my heart, so you can consider that done. (Also, Startgate's already on my to-do list, so that'll be done soon as well)

Quoted from gawcol:

Very nice work! Impressed!!!!

Thanks

Quoted from Stretch7:

Thank you for Haunted House and a vote for Rollergames as well
Donation Sent

No problem, and thanks! (I've added Rollergames and Pink Panther to my upcoming list as well)

Quoted from Haymaker:

These are amazing! I would love to see a set for Pinball Magic please!

Thanks - consider it done

Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Here is the difference between old, drab shitty cards and these new spiffed up cards.........
I didn't even request any of these but he knocked these TFTC cards out of the park....thanks Chadwick!!! He kept true to the campy horror theme. He's churning these out very efficiently as well. KUDOS.

Thanks for the kind words - I'm really glad to see all these transformations!

#292 8 years ago

Just because you're clearly doing this too fast, I thought I'd mention double checking rules to make sure they're correct. JP factory rule cards are wrong (BSD too).

#293 8 years ago

I don't even have many of the machines you've done (no worries, just impressed) and I still love the cards .

#294 8 years ago

This is very nice work. I would love to see what you could do for Xenon.

#295 8 years ago

OMG BRO! JP AND HH in the same day? Super awesome!!

#296 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Just because you're clearly doing this too fast, I thought I'd mention double checking rules to make sure they're correct. JP factory rule cards are wrong (BSD too).

Clearly doing this too fast?... I check every single set I do with two separate previous rule cards available on the internet (sometimes three, if anything seems off). Thanks for the heads up though, always glad to correct any errors asap. I haven't done BSD yet, but I'll make a note for when I do.

#297 8 years ago

In light of you doing 2 of my 5 machines, can you do the rest? Lol.

Super Orbit
SF2
T2

Thanks!!

#298 8 years ago

Was brought to my attention that the Jurassic Part set I uploaded today had incorrect instructions. I've uploaded a brand new version with the correct rule set (as far as I can tell). The original download link has the new file already ready for you all.

Also, if you ever see an incorrect rule on my cards, just let me know. I'm very glad to fix the error asap!

When making these cards, I literally compare at least two different sets of rules from two different sources. For the Jurassic Park set, I did this exactly the same as always (I looked at the original rule set via IPDB, plus someone else's previously released set)... Turns out they were both wrong, so mine ended up just as wrong. Not a big deal, errors happen.

One of the reasons I'm doing this site, is because it literally is so hard to find these things for so many machines. So I'd like my site to be a source for cards that are 100% correct. Hence me being open about any errors, and asking for your help if anything's off rule-wise. I am definitely not the king of pinball rules. Ha.

Lastly, my apologies if it seems like I'm cranking these out too fast. I can assure you, I take my time with every single card I make. I do my homework on them design and instruction-wise, and then dive into my own design. I work fast - always have. However, I pay attention to, and care a lot about details. Just wanted to make sure people know that. Even though I just started this site and pinball card designs, I've been designing for the past 12 years (I'm 29 now). So I have a design setup that I'm very used to, and allows me to work quickly as well.

#299 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Still holding out hope for a Stars.

Went for a super simple design with these, since the cabinet is so laid back and open. Let me know if you like these enough, because I can gladly do another version if these don't pop for ya!

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/stars-v1

SternStarsV1Ref_(resized).pngSternStarsV1Ref_(resized).png

#300 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Was brought to my attention that the Jurassic Part set I uploaded today had incorrect instructions. I've uploaded a brand new version with the correct rule set (as far as I can tell). The original download link has the new file already ready for you all.
Also, if you ever see an incorrect rule on my cards, just let me know. I'm very glad to fix the error asap!
When making these cards, I literally compare at least two different sets of rules from two different sources. For the Jurassic Park set, I did this exactly the same as always (I looked at the original rule set via IPDB, plus someone else's previously released set)... Turns out they were both wrong, so mine ended up just as wrong. Not a big deal, errors happen.
One of the reasons I'm doing this site, is because it literally is so hard to find these things for so many machines. So I'd like my site to be a source for cards that are 100% correct. Hence me being open about any errors, and asking for your help if anything's off rule-wise. I am definitely not the king of pinball rules. Ha.
Lastly, my apologies if it seems like I'm cranking these out too fast. I can assure you, I take my time with every single card I make. I do my homework on them design and instruction-wise, and then dive into my own design. I work fast. Always have, always will. However, I pay attention to, and care a lot about details. Just wanted to make sure people know that. Even though I just started this site and pinball card designs, I've been designing for the past 12 years (I'm 29 now). So I have a design setup that I'm very used to, and allows me to work quickly as well.

Question is...are they hip to the Chad H rule set? Ill re-download now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 179.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 598 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-rule-cards-site-launch-pinballboycom/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.