(Topic ID: 148941)

Custom Rule Cards / Site Launch - Pinballboy.com (v2.0 coming in 2020!)

By chadsugg

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 598 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chadsugg
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunstersSideBySide V1 (resized).png
Cards2small (resized).png
IMG_3347 (resized).JPG
IMG_3346 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 5.32.13 PM (resized).png
BarracoraV1Ref_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
20160412_062924_(resized).jpg
IMG_1875_(resized).jpg
KISSV3Ref_(resized).png
FathomV1Ref_(resized).png
SouthParkV1Ref_(resized).png
JokerzV1Ref_(resized).png
TheGetawayV1Ref_(resized).png
TXSectorV1Ref_(resized).png
SpaceShuttleV1Ref_(resized).png
There are 598 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.
#151 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

I promise to do it justice.

I want to buy a monopoly because of your cards!

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from janus:

I want to buy a monopoly because of your cards!

Haha, thanks! And ya know, I wasn't looking forward to do a design for this one... I just wasn't sure what the heck I was gonna do for it.

But to start off each design, I sit with a photo of the playfield and apron and just try to honestly think what would add to the overall design without being redundant. For this one, I immediately realized the money wasn't really featured in a big way anywhere, and half the fun of the board game is playing with that thin paper awesomeness! So yeah, I'm surprisingly happy with how this set turned out

#153 8 years ago

Is it me or are these Williams cards not sized right? For instance, Dr. Dude cards came out a good 1/4 inch narrow on each side? Your work is top notch on your cards!

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Is it me or are these Williams cards not sized right? For instance, Dr. Dude cards came out a good 1/4 inch narrow on each side? Your work is top notch on your cards!

Hmm. I'm pretty sure I sized them to the correct Williams standards (but with how different sizing can be from pin to pin, I could've gotten it wrong). Can anyone else confirm they're a bit small?

If needed I can very easily resize them!

#156 8 years ago

can you make cards for special force? I've never seen any anywhere and I really like mine.

#157 8 years ago

AMH coming out a little small.

#158 8 years ago

Shaq Attaq please.

#159 8 years ago

Thanks, and yeah that's the list I've been using for sizing.

That's why I'm trying to see if anyone else is having the size issue with Dr.Dude (because I sized them exact to the Bally proportions). The thing with printing these is if any one tiny setting is off by even 1% on someone's printer, it'll make any card set from anywhere print out a little off.

Quoted from 2manypins:

AMH coming out a little small.

Hmm. I literally sized those exactly to Spooky's available rule set cards on their site. I think they just left room on the sizing to make sure people would be able to make them fit. If you'd like though, I could gladly mess around with the sizing a little to try and make them fit a little more exact.

#160 8 years ago
Quoted from TheBrewhouse:

Shaq Attaq please.

Can do.

Quoted from Mitch:

can you make cards for special force? I've never seen any anywhere and I really like mine.

Already on my to-do list!

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

My Mustang LE needs some desperately

Here ya go! I hope placing the Stern logo over the mustang doesn't seem sacrelige, ha... I just did that because the Mustang logo is literally everywhere on the pin, so I figured I'd give it a break from being plastered all over the cards!

Also, I'll be doing a few more versions of these down the road. I feel like there are a lot of good designs that can be done for this pin.

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/mustang-le

MustangLEPre_(resized).jpgMustangLEPre_(resized).jpg

#162 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

I hope placing the Stern logo over the mustang doesn't seem sacrelige

Dude, yes it is.... a BIG ONE!

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Dude, yes it is.... a BIG ONE!

Haha, well as someone whose first car was literally a Mustang, and whose father has been in the automotive industry for 40 years, I'm not too hurt by it. So I figured it would be fine

#164 8 years ago

TX SECTOR please!

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Well since you want more requests WWE Wrestlemania LE, Super Mario Bros (Gottlieb cards a little different I think) and Judge Dredd

Here's Judge Dredd!

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/judge-dredd-v1

JudgeDreddV1Pre_(resized).jpgJudgeDreddV1Pre_(resized).jpg

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Here's Judge Dredd!
Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/judge-dredd-v1

JudgeDreddV1Pre_(resized).jpg

Very nice! these seem like they fit better theme wise than pinballcards.com's which is what I currently have.Theirs seem more from the Dredd movie (and look great still don't get me wrong), but I'm liking the comic look of these.

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from SeymorGoldfarbJr:

Great looking work. I've yet to find anyone who has made cards for Popeye. I also wouldn't mind some new cards for Family Guy.

Here's some for Family Guy... Thought the game could use some Quagmire love

Download Page
http://pinbalboy.com/rulecards/family-guy-v1

FamilyGuyV1Pre_(resized).jpgFamilyGuyV1Pre_(resized).jpg

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Tron for sure!
X-men Magneto(and wolverine)
Transformers LE combo(keep with the theme of purple deceptions on left and red autobots on right)

Here's a Magneto set for ya!

Download @
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/x-men-magneto

XmenMagnetoPre_(resized).jpgXmenMagnetoPre_(resized).jpg

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Thought the game could use some Quagmire love

Giggity_Giggity.jpgGiggity_Giggity.jpg

#170 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Here's a Magneto set for ya!

If you happen to want to do another set at some point I would love to see some cards that match the backglass and artwork on cabinet with lightning throughout. Stern used some original Marvel art from the Uncanny X-Men Nation X Issue #516-for reference. Thanks in advance

Marvel_516_Uncanny_X-MEN_Nation_X.jpgMarvel_516_Uncanny_X-MEN_Nation_X.jpg

Magneto_Backglass_from_#516.jpgMagneto_Backglass_from_#516.jpg

Magneto_Lightning.jpgMagneto_Lightning.jpg

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

If you happen to want to do another set at some point I would love to see some cards that match the backglass and artwork on cabinet with lightning throughout. Stern used some original Marvel art from the Uncanny X-Men Nation X Issue #516-for reference. Thanks in advance

Marvel_516_Uncanny_X-MEN_Nation_X.jpgMagneto_Backglass_from_#516.jpgMagneto_Lightning.jpg

Ahh, I thought they used the 90s X-Men comic as a reference. Thanks for this info - I was wanting to do one that tied to the pin better!

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Here's the Dr Dude ones that I printed out.(please ignore my beat up apron I've been trying for over a year to get a new one or decals for it) I used the Walgreens method where they usually come out a little smaller than normal but are still usable. These would have been too small if I would have cut out just the picture so I ended up keeping a border so they would fit. It being a white apron doesn't make it look too bad.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#173 8 years ago

Here's the Dr Dude ones that I printed out.(please ignore my beat up apron I've been trying for over a year to get a new one or decals for it) I used the Walgreens method where they usually come out a little smaller than normal but are still usable. These would have been too small if I would have cut out just the picture so I ended up keeping a border so they would fit. It being a white apron doesn't make it look too bad.

image_(resized).jpeg

Hmm. It looks like they're actually supposed to be the wide set version - because the height is correct, but the sides are too short. This is a super easy fix on my end. I'll change the size and upload the new file first thing tomorrow. And thanks for the photo for clarification!

#174 8 years ago

Okay, I lied - I literally can't stand when these are sized wrong, so I just fixed the design and now a new correct-sized version is available via the same download page.

And man, I swear, this is the second time this has happened with a Bally from this era. I'm pretty sure the sizing for Bally on the list everyone uses is wrong, because as far as I can tell it's just actually supposed to be standard Williams/Stern sizing. Thanks again for the pic though, that helped a ton.

#175 8 years ago

These are all amazing, +10000 points! Would be fun to see a screen capture of you making a new card.

Everyone else, post more pictures of cards installed!

My Jokerz sure would look fancy with your cards

#176 8 years ago

I think you were sizing them to the Bally sizes of early solid state Bally machines, no worries, they look great and thanks for correcting them, they look great!

#177 8 years ago

Cards still print to narrow and slightly to short, on Dr. Dude for example. The correct sizing for these system 11 games is 82mm x 152mm.

#178 8 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Cards still print to narrow and slightly to short, on Dr. Dude for example. The correct sizing for these system 11 games is 82mm x 152mm.

Hmm. I think there might be a slight setting off on your printer. That's the exact sizing I most recently used for Dr. Dude.

#179 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Here are your brain dead zombies, sir!
Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/walking-dead-premium

TheWalkingDeadPremiumPre_(resized).jpg

Wow these look great. I love the zombies looking at you.

chris

#180 8 years ago
Quoted from Qmay:

These are all amazing, +10000 points! Would be fun to see a screen capture of you making a new card.
Everyone else, post more pictures of cards installed!
My Jokerz sure would look fancy with your cards

Thanks! And yeah, I'd be glad to show some insight into my design process/setup.

And I also agree, the more photos of people using the cards on their machines, the better! I'm going to be kicking off the social media accounts for the site this week and would love to share the photos.

Lastly, I've just added Jokerz to my que list

#181 8 years ago

I'm looking for the following. Haven't found most online or ones I like.

Police Force
Bad Cats
Diner
Riverboat Gambler
Party Zone

Thanks

#182 8 years ago

Its obviously something on my end with this printer, I've never had this happen however with other downloaded cards over the years. Thanks to Chadsugg for taking the time to PM me with help and suggestions.

#183 8 years ago

Just finished a new (non-LE) set of cards for Mustang, as well as The Rolling Stones, for those asking.

Download @
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/mustang-v2
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/rolling-stones-v1

MustangV2Pre_(resized).jpgMustangV2Pre_(resized).jpg

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Thanks! And yeah, I'd be glad to show some insight into my design process/setup.
And I also agree, the more photos of people using the cards on their machines, the better! I'm going to be kicking off the social media accounts for the site this week and would love to share the photos.
Lastly, I've just added Jokerz to my que list

Woohoo

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Police Force
Bad Cats
Diner
Riverboat Gambler
Party Zone
Thanks

I'll add these to my to-do list right now. I'll probably do a set for Diner this week since several have requested.

Quoted from Gnatty:

Its obviously something on my end with this printer, I've never had this happen however with other downloaded cards over the years. Thanks to Chadsugg for taking the time to PM me with help and suggestions.

Glad to help!

#186 8 years ago

Thanks man,

I need to download Stones update.

#187 8 years ago

Hope to see Lights,camera,action soon

#188 8 years ago

OK, so after the awesome SWT, I just gotta ask.... can you please put ID4 on the list?

idresurgenceheader_(resized).jpgidresurgenceheader_(resized).jpg

#189 8 years ago

BDK please...non available that I can find

#190 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Diner
Thanks

Here ya go, just finished! For all your Diner needs

Download Page
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/diner-v1

DinerV1Pre_(resized).jpgDinerV1Pre_(resized).jpg

#191 8 years ago

That diner is SUPER sweet! Great job on these, really cool project. (does this mean RBION is next?)

#192 8 years ago

Would love some for Grand Lizard!

#193 8 years ago

Really like your work! I haven't seen anyone request any High Speed 2: Getaway.

#194 8 years ago

I used the Walgreens method where they usually come out a little smaller than normal but are still usable.

What is this Walgreens method?

#195 8 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

What is this Walgreens method?

Instead of printing them on your home printer you go to Walgreens photo website. Upload your picture to the website and order a 8X10 print. Since these cards are made for a standard piece or paper that your home printer would use they usually come out a little smaller. I would post a picture of them but I only have pinballcards.com's ones installed right now (besides the Dr. Dude one) and I feel that would be in bad taste to Chad.

Walgreens usually has a 30-40% off sale so look for a coupon code. The Dr. Dude ones I just printed cost $2.58 I think.

#196 8 years ago

Printed Dr. Dude & The Stones. The colors on Dr. Dude are fantastic.

My only comment and its only something to offer some time down the line. Some of the cards you see out there have a few of the designer credits on the free play cards.

Like the Art design, over all designer and such. Again. Just something for the future.

I'll be printing Diner in the AM.

Off to donate. Thanks again for doing these they look really great.

chris

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Here ya go, just finished! For all your Diner needs
Download Page
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/diner-v1

DinerV1Pre_(resized).jpg

Sweeeeeeeeet.

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Printed Dr. Dude & The Stones. The colors on Dr. Dude are fantastic.
My only comment and its only something to offer some time down the line. Some of the cards you see out there have a few of the designer credits on the free play cards.
Like the Art design, over all designer and such. Again. Just something for the future.
I'll be printing Diner in the AM.
Off to donate. Thanks again for doing these they look really great.
chris

Thanks Chris, very glad you liked them enough to print! Would love to see some photos of them on your pins if you're up for it.

And you know, I'd like some more insight on why different people like those style of cards with the designer info featured... From a design standpoint, it doesn't make sense to me to put them on the main apron cards. However, I have thought about making special "Designer Info Cards" that could be placed just on top of the glass for when friends come over, or kept in the coin door for quick personal access. The thing is, I can't tell if people like that style for their own knowledge at all times viewable on their pin, or just as sort of a conversational thing or info for when people who don't know about the machine are visiting?

Would love to hear your take on this. Because I'm ALL FOR the designers being given credit, but usually that info is featured on the DMD of a lot of machines (I believe). And like I mentioned, design-wise that's something (at least for now) I've strayed away from on purpose. However, if its something people want at least the option of down the line, or specifically requested, I'd be absolutely glad to offer versions with that info

#199 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Thanks Chris, very glad you liked them enough to print! Would love to see some photos of them on your pins if you're up for it.
And you know, I'd like some more insight on why different people like those style of cards with the designer info featured... From a design standpoint, it doesn't make sense to me to put them on the main apron cards. However, I have thought about making special "Designer Info Cards" that could be placed just on top of the glass for when friends come over, or kept in the coin door for quick personal access. The thing is, I can't tell if people like that style for their own knowledge at all times viewable on their pin, or just as sort of a conversational thing or info for when people who don't know about the machine are visiting?
Would love to hear your take on this. Because I'm ALL FOR the designers being given credit, but usually that info is featured on the DMD of a lot of machines (I believe). And like I mentioned, design-wise that's something (at least for now) I've strayed away from on purpose. However, if its something people want at least the option of down the line, or specifically requested, I'd be absolutely glad to offer versions with that info

I like your thinking. It should be on the machine, either the playfield or the DMD, so it would be a little redundant.

#200 8 years ago

You could always make 3 or 4 cards per game, all with the same styling. Then people could mix and match the cards they want.

These look great. Some of the best cards designs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 103.00
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 598 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-rule-cards-site-launch-pinballboycom/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.