(Topic ID: 148941)

Custom Rule Cards / Site Launch - Pinballboy.com (v2.0 coming in 2020!)

By chadsugg

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 598 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chadsugg
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunstersSideBySide V1 (resized).png
Cards2small (resized).png
IMG_3347 (resized).JPG
IMG_3346 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 5.32.13 PM (resized).png
BarracoraV1Ref_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
20160412_062924_(resized).jpg
IMG_1875_(resized).jpg
KISSV3Ref_(resized).png
FathomV1Ref_(resized).png
SouthParkV1Ref_(resized).png
JokerzV1Ref_(resized).png
TheGetawayV1Ref_(resized).png
TXSectorV1Ref_(resized).png
SpaceShuttleV1Ref_(resized).png

There are 598 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.
1 month later
#552 7 years ago

Love thses cards. I can't get the size right on my printer. I followed the instructions but they always are too small.

In windows, what program are you using?

Chris

#553 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Love thses cards. I can't get the size right on my printer. I followed the instructions but they always are too small.
In windows, what program are you using?
Chris

Make sure the printer setup has no scaling. Better yet, download the 4x6 version and have it printed at your local Walgreens or Sam's. Sam's charges me 13 cents per print and their printer is a heck of a lot better than anything I can afford.

#554 7 years ago

Funny, I do all the settings, but it's small. I've got a really nice color laser printer and glossy card stock to print on.

Painting these things is my nemesis.

#555 7 years ago

I've always had the best luck printing pictures in Microsoft Publisher. You insert the picture into a blank 8 1/2 x 11 publication and size the pictures with the built in rulers.

2 months later
#556 6 years ago

Hey everyone, can you tell me if there's a work around for printing these rule cards if they're not fitting the apron slots? I tried printing the Class of 1812 cards and they're each just a little too small. Any way I can expand them to fit without compromising quality? I'm certain I selected 100% on the printer scale and 'scale to fit' was not selected as well.

I reached out to Chad about it and awaiting his response. Just didn't know if this is something I can fix without bothering him on resizing the entire card.

I want to send these off to FedEx soon, as my 1812 overhaul is in it's final stages.

Thanks guy! And thank you Chad for such awesome art. Great work...

1 week later
#557 6 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

expand them to fit

Laminate the cards, then cut to the correct size.

#558 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Laminate the cards, then cut to the correct size.

You know, I guess I could just do that. It's better than nothing right now.

Anyone hear from Chad lately and is he still doing custom cards?

Thanks for the suggestion!

1 week later
#559 6 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

This was a bit difficult for my design style because it's even more retro a wacky than I'm used to, but here's Class of 1812. Hope you like it!

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/class-of-1812

Hey Chad, any chance you can offer some advice for printing these Class of 1812 cards? I set my scale to 100% and make sure my 'Scale to Fit' is not selected, but I keep getting them to print too small for the tray. Attached is a picture of my printer settings that I was going to use as a test to check sizing before sending off to FedEx for a second time.

I had these printed at FedEx as a test recently on thick stock paper and hi-def color, but the rep there tried to resize it to the specs of my 1812 tray and it made the image blurry... I'm going to soon settle for the previous advice of printing it smaller, laminating each piece, then cut to size. I'm trying to avoid this as all my other ones from PinballBoy look perfect at the correct sizes and would make these look funny.

I'm happy to send in donation money ahead of time if that'll help at all, but I wanted to touch base first. I've sent an email to each of the addresses on file on your site weeks ago, but nothing.

My game is finished and my trays are empty just waiting to be filled with this amazing art. Please help!
Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 5.32.13 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-05-16 at 5.32.13 PM (resized).png

#560 6 years ago

These are very nice the ones already on the site.

I know there's a few gottliebs but there's a bunch of us who want Tee'd Off cards!

#561 6 years ago

They look great - how about a #Twilight Zone! I don't see it there and I'm sure it will come out great.

#562 6 years ago

Well, Chad hasn't been here for five months. I think what is available now is probably all we are going to see.

#563 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Well, Chad hasn't been here for five months. I think what is available now is probably all we are going to see.

That makes me sad....

#564 6 years ago

Well, I went ahead and had FedEx whip me up a copy of these regardless of them being sized wrong. I'll try to throw my card covers over them and hope they stay in place.

I also had FedEx print, cut and laminate each piece so I can cut to size and stick them in that way...

Would love to have them be 100% right, but this is way better than nothing, or even the old cruddy cards.

IMG_3346 (resized).JPGIMG_3346 (resized).JPGIMG_3347 (resized).JPGIMG_3347 (resized).JPG

5 months later
#565 6 years ago

Wow, has it really been 10 months since my last update?

My apologies - in my last update, I thought I was going to get to start working on the site + new cards in January... WOW, was I wrong.

As I'm sure you all know, life seems to just sort of happen, and sometimes you've gotta put other things first. All is well in my world, but my year has turned out 100x busier personally and professionally than I originally even imagined for this year alone.

All that said, I just wanted to make it very clear that I still absolutely will be eventually updating the site with new cards and all that good stuff. The time to make that happen just hasn't presented itself yet.

Hope you're all well!

#566 6 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Wow, has it really been 10 months since my last update?
My apologies - in my last update, I thought I was going to get to start working on the site + new cards in January... WOW, was I wrong.
As I'm sure you all know, life seems to just sort of happen, and sometimes you've gotta put other things first. All is well in my world, but my year has turned out 100x busier personally and professionally than I originally even imagined for this year alone.
All that said, I just wanted to make it very clear that I still absolutely will be eventually updating the site with new cards and all that good stuff. The time to make that happen just hasn't presented itself yet.
Hope you're all well!

Glad your doing well! And the pinball world will be better off when you return. Best cards and creativity around!

1 month later
#567 6 years ago

I haven't nailed down an exact date yet, but I can say this is a definite...
In January 2018 I'll be launching PinballBoy.com VERSION 2.0!!!

V2.0 will feature a revamped site, new cards, + more good stuff!

For now, here's a little holiday gift for you all - my first new set of rule cards I've designed/shared in at least a YEAR. Stern's Ghostbusters - I wanted to do something that represented the awesome Real Ghostbusters cartoon and toys from the 80s. So here ya go!

(P.S. - With this image below you get to see a sneak peak feature from the upcoming new site - realistic mockups of what your cards will look like when you print them!)

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/ghostbusters-v1

Cards2small (resized).pngCards2small (resized).png

#568 6 years ago

Looks awesome man and congratulations on upgrading the operation. Very much looking forward to it and do not mind supporting in any way. Your work is excellent.

Would love to see if my posts above (#559 & #564) on the Class of 1812 pics is my bad or the file just needs a resizing. No rush whatsoever!

Happy holidays and happy new year!

#569 6 years ago

Great cards, how about Avatar?

#570 6 years ago

Awesome news! have to buy new pins to fit the awesome cards

#571 6 years ago
Quoted from thestreetzking:

These are very nice the ones already on the site.
I know there's a few gottliebs but there's a bunch of us who want Tee'd Off cards!

Yes! I'm in the middle of a restoration and can't find anything better than the originals, sadly.

#572 6 years ago

Incredible site. Lots of love for underrepresented titles.

#573 6 years ago

Great cards!

3 months later
#574 5 years ago

How is it possible that white water cards haven't been made? Wink wink

#575 5 years ago

sweeeet looking good!!!
hope you find time for stern pirates of the caribbean!

#576 5 years ago

Can I please put in a request for Mystery Castle. Happy to donate and support the great work you do here! Hope to see you back at it soon.

7 months later
#577 5 years ago

These cards are absolutely the greatest I've seen. So sleek, elegant, and readable. Perhaps we could get cards for Stern Star Wars if you ever have a chance to return to to this project... Thanks for all that you've already done in the meantime.

1 month later
#578 5 years ago

What kind of paper stock are you guys/gals printing on?

#579 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

What kind of paper stock are you guys/gals printing on?

I recommend having them printed from an actual photo print shop, they'll come out glossy and professional looking -- as long as it's a good shop. (e.g., not Walmart)

#580 5 years ago

I use HP glossy everyday photo paper

#581 5 years ago

So just printing on standard paper mil, or something heavier like the originals?

#582 5 years ago

I usually print them on semigloss photo paper. It’s a heavier weight than standard paper, and has just the right amount of gloss.

1 month later
#583 5 years ago

Is the site still working.

I'm trying to download and keep get security warning, and then if I continue ...not found for the downloads ?

Using Chrome

2 months later
#584 4 years ago

Request: Bally Pool Sharks

#585 4 years ago

I have been using the custom Price and Instruction cards from Pinball Rebel for many years...
You guys have to check him out http://www.pinballrebel.com/

1 month later
#586 4 years ago

How about Super Mario Bros, F-14 Tomcat, Taxi, and Rollergames?

#587 4 years ago

Bally Spy Hunter cards would be cool....

5 months later
#588 4 years ago

Hey all, long time no see! Just wanted to give a quick heads up that I've been working quietly in the background for the past few months and will actually be launching V2 of my custom rule card site soon - PinballBoy.com.

Life got a bit in the way and I wasn't able to dedicate any time to the site for the past couple of years, but after seeing the site is still getting quite a lot of traffic I figure there must still be some demand out there for what I started back a few years ago. So feel free to send along new requests, or just hi - I've missed you all!

- Chad

#589 4 years ago

Your cards are among the best, Chad. They're the only ones out there that genuinely match the existing games art style, and don't look out of place. Patiently awaiting 2.0! Thanks for your hard work!

#590 4 years ago

yaaaay, i was checking this thread hoping for your return, awesooome
i'd really love to see Black Knight Sword of Rage!
Welcome back, i'm looking forward to see new content!

#591 4 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Your cards are among the best, Chad. They're the only ones out there that genuinely match the existing games art style, and don't look out of place. Patiently awaiting 2.0! Thanks for your hard work!

Quoted from Ben1981:

yaaaay, i was checking this thread hoping for your return, awesooome
i'd really love to see Black Knight Sword of Rage!
Welcome back, i'm looking forward to see new content!

Thanks to both of you! Doing my best to streamline my workflow for designing the cards this time around, so I can continuously release new sets pretty regularly.

#592 4 years ago

Welcome back! Glad you got those affairs in order to pave the way for your creativity to shine!

Whenever you find the time, would love to see something for Class of 1812. I'm happy to provide any pics or assets needed to help with that. And happy to donate!

Thanks again for all the great work. And the 'Boro was once home to me for a few years in college and I'm certain we have mutual friends. Amazing times had in TN!

#593 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

is it possible that white water cards haven't been made? Wink wink

Second this.....

#594 4 years ago

Will there be a "search" attached ti the website ?

#595 4 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Welcome back! Glad you got those affairs in order to pave the way for your creativity to shine!
Whenever you find the time, would love to see something for Class of 1812. I'm happy to provide any pics or assets needed to help with that. And happy to donate!
Thanks again for all the great work. And the 'Boro was once home to me for a few years in college and I'm certain we have mutual friends. Amazing times had in TN!

Thanks! Class of 1812 is on my to-do list. And yeah, I went to college in Mboro, and we're in Indiana right now but my family and I are moving back there in about a month.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Second this.....

I love the White Water art. It's on my to-do list as well!

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Will there be a "search" attached ti the website ?

There is a search feature I'm finally implementing more prominently! Rolling out all the 2.0 features now, so I should have the search fully integrated by this weekend.

#596 4 years ago

How about some Willy Wonka cards!

#597 4 years ago

I always check your site first! Looking forward to 2.0

3 months later
#598 3 years ago

Hey all, quick update with a new set of rule cards for Munsters (Pro) !

Download Page:
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/the-munsters-v1
MunstersSideBySide V1 (resized).pngMunstersSideBySide V1 (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, MD
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 159.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
Cabinet parts
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 20.00
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts
Protection
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 598 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-rule-cards-site-launch-pinballboycom/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.