(Topic ID: 177364)

Custom Roms or "D10" code for Alltek boards?

By bdPinball

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by slochar
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

• Galaxy Stern Electronics, 1980

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bdPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Having burnt, and installed my first custom set of ROMs for my Firepower - OKegali's Awesome mods available pinball4you.ch..

The best part about the roms in my opinion is the "Divide by 10" code. It's awesome! I feel as if I've taken control of my game! And the extra mini-modes he's put in there are, or were - unimaginable. At least when I first played the game in middle school.

I wanted to move to my next most-rolled game (not including Blue Chip - but I have another plan for that) which is my Meteor. But the Meteor has Alltek board(s) in it. At least the MPU, and Solenoid driver power board as well are Alltek. Is there a way to introduce custom roms to this game? I see lots of information in their manual about free play, but nowhere does it address either displaying the score as D10.

The roms were so cool on the Firepower, I was considering swapping out the System 6 boards for System 7 boards, so it could run the more complicated ROM set with all of the additional modes that OK has created, but if the roms won't run on that hardware, I'd have to install old system 7 boards.

Thanks!

-Brian

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

You can typically find a rebuilt Bally /Stern MPU with NVram and Game Roms of your choice shipped in the US for around $125.
Barakandl typically posts them for sale with a 1 Year warranty. Buy with confidence. If he doesn't have one, send him a request and he will put one of his rebuilds into his work que.
No need to trade away your more valuable Altek.

Rebuilt for $125? Thats not too shabby.. I might like to find a dead one and bring it back to life. It wasn't until I did that with a Williams System 3 that I felt like I REALLY understood the in's and out's of these boards. I like the idea of hacking these games and taking control. I guess for me to learn something, and really understand it, I sort of have to sort of internalize it, and sort of become one with the process. I feel as if I've done that with Pinballs, and fixing them over the past year. It sure is a lot more healthy than SOME of the things I could be doing with my time.

-Brian

#5 7 years ago

As far as trading away my Alltek board, I wouldn't really need to go that far to find a game to swap with. As a matter a fact, there is an EBD about 3 feet from the Galaxy that I could swap it with. They are compatible right? It's just a jumper change to set the speed of the game, and swap the roms- err, I guess I'd have to burn some nice 10D roms to put in, and then just set the Alltek board jumped for EBD instead of the Galaxy.

-Brian

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 169.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bdPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-roms-or-d10-code-for-alltek-boards?tu=bdPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.