photo_(5).JPG
photo.JPG
photo_(7).JPG
photo_(5).JPG
photo_(3).JPG
photo_(2).JPG
photo_(1).JPG
#1 10 years ago

Well I have a couple of hobbies, pinball being one of theme, but another is collecting Hotwheels . I have collected since I was about 10. Along the way I have met some really cool guys...In the Hotwheel world, we also have conventions, do some trading, have a forum...and some of the really talented guys like here do some one offs, and mod hotwheels. They even have contest for these. I have a friend that I have met through the community that is one of these custom guys. He has created some really cool cars, plus he makes them so well, you would think they are made by Mattel. He wraps and airbrushes these little cars and also changes their wheels to rubber (instead of plastic) and then he creates his own packaging...(Card and blister). We was shooting the breese the other night and he said he was looking for some new style art work....so me being a pinhead suggested that pinball has some of the most awesome artwork in the world....I have always thought Big Bang Bar was a beautiful game....So here are his results. There is artwork on the back side also with a little clear window so you can see both sides..Let me know what you think

photo_(1).JPGphoto_(1).JPG photo_(2).JPGphoto_(2).JPG photo_(3).JPGphoto_(3).JPG

#2 10 years ago

That is so awesome !

Nice work.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

That is really cool. What does he charge to do something like that? I need to sell my Redlines but I dread taking all those pics.

#4 10 years ago

Thanks LLoyd...you think Jack might have a need for a WOZ Hotwheel for his office...My guy is pretty unlimited on what he can make with these.. if the artwork exsist, like all of our custom play cards...then he can make a decal out of it.....the pics do it no justice...

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Wickedquickss:

Thanks LLoyd...you think Jack might have a need for a WOZ Hotwheel for his office...My guy is pretty unlimited on what he can make with these.. if the artwork exsist, like all of our custom play cards...then he can make a decal out of it.....the pics do it no justice...

He'd likely get a kick out of it.

Lots of WOZ stuff on his desk.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

That is really cool. What does he charge to do something like that? I need to sell my Redlines but I dread taking all those pics.

I think it really depends on what you want...He hasn't really ever sold anything, just done them for other hotwheel guys or covention contest...Some of the customs at the conventions though go for over a hundred bucks...Kinda high for a hotwheel but when you think about all the time and effort and cool factor to have a one off little car to match you favorite machine...its not so bad...plus the little car he uses isn't just a one buck car..they are usually a popular casting that bring 10 to 25 bucks just as a standard hotwheel....but honestly we never discussed price or even selling them...I was just so blown away by some of his pics he sent me tonight I though you guys needed to see them. If you wanted something like that I could ask...he has all different types of hotwheel castings, tire types....plus he likes doing them...He is a really highly respected member on the hotwheel board

#7 10 years ago

If you wanted something like that I could ask.

Can he do a Goose ?

#8 10 years ago

Details look great. Not really my kind of think to collect but very well done.

#9 10 years ago

Love it!!

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Can he do a Goose ?

I am sure he could....pretty much any kind of goose you want

#11 10 years ago

Well I have a couple of hobbies, pinball being one of theme, but another is collecting Hotwheels . I have collected since I was about 10. Along the way I have met some really cool guys...In the Hotwheel world, we also have conventions, do some trading, have a forum...and some of the really talented guys like here do some one offs, and mod hotwheels. They even have contest for these. I have a friend that I have met through the community that is one of these custom guys. He has created some really cool cars, plus he makes them so well, you would think they are made by Mattel. He wraps and airbrushes these little cars and also changes their wheels to rubber (instead of plastic) and then he creates his own packaging...(Card and blister). We was shooting the breese the other night and he said he was looking for some new style art work....so me being a pinhead suggested that pinball has some of the most awesome artwork in the world....I have always thought Big Bang Bar was a beautiful game....So here are his results. There is artwork on the back side also with a little clear window so you can see both sides..Let me know what you think

Very nice how much I have a bunch of rare VW bus ones still packaged would mind opening one of the plain hot wheels ones to do a cool wrap.

#12 10 years ago

I would buy one of those for my BBB.

Ask him how much he would charge.

#13 10 years ago

That looks wicked.

Enjoy it!

#14 10 years ago

I love it ! I think he might have reached a new market!

#15 10 years ago

very cool. thanks for sharing this. if your friend ever does a whirlwind, or any classic gottlieb games I would be in for a purchase.

#16 10 years ago

Cool, I collected Hot Wheels since about 1977. I've got them from 68 to about 08. I quit when I stepped back and thought "Man, what am I gonna do with all these?", LOL. I'd like to get rid of everything but the cars from the first 20-25 years of production.

#17 10 years ago

The Big Bang Bus Sweet!

#18 10 years ago

I talked to Jake, If anybody wants more details on a title they would like...PM me....please remember they are one off, custom carded and shipped in a plastic protector. they take about a week to complete as long as he isn't over welmed....I will put you guys in touch directly with him, you pay him and it ships from him...Jake is a great guy and does some really neat work...he is not just limited to pinball...if the art exist, he can do it...he can also picture text you the car and card in progress
they are not cheap but really cool.

#19 10 years ago

That BBB Bus looks amazing!!!!

#20 10 years ago

PM sent!

#21 10 years ago

I like it! I collect both pins and Hot Wheels... Unfortunately, a lot more Hot Wheels, then pins!!!! That's really cool work! The wheels make it look like a Real Rider in a blister pack. Sweet!!!

#22 10 years ago

coolest car ever!!!!

#23 10 years ago

10k by christmas

#24 10 years ago

Killer! Thanks for sharing.

#25 10 years ago

Got a few orders and pricing for you guys...If you want a full custom Hotwheel...one off, in package(also one off) in a plastic protector....does not have to be pinball themed...can be anything it's 95.00 U.S.D shipped anywhere in the Lower 48 States....international guys, your are not left out...shipping will be a little higher...paypal excepted...Thanks for all the kind comments and orders..Guys that get them please feel free to post yours on here and comment on the workmanship.

#26 10 years ago

Wow the price is a bit high for me, but I could see it in the work it takes I mean me messing with demensions for my models is hassle enough to charge a 20 dollar agravation fee haha. Id like a TZ wrap but id have to wait till I'm more finicialy stable. If anyone gets a TZ please post here.

:Note there isn't actually a 20 dollar agravation fee that was just a thought lol.

#27 10 years ago

Great looking hotwheels! Thanks a bunch for posting If anyone else gets one of these, please share a pic or two!

#28 10 years ago

Here's a new one with the back side of the card art shown

photo_(5).JPGphoto_(5).JPG photo_(7).JPGphoto_(7).JPG

#29 10 years ago

Here's a new one with the back side of the card art shown

Now that is sick ask him if he could do a muscle machine car by matio or whatever it is? I have a ton and there much cooler with the cartoony feel bid daddy Roth style. Metallica would look cool with one of those big blower cars jacked up in the back with wide tires.

#30 10 years ago

more

photo.JPGphoto.JPG photo_(5).JPGphoto_(5).JPG

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

Now that is sick ask him if he could do a muscle machine car by matio or whatever it is? I have a ton and there much cooler with the cartoony feel bid daddy Roth style. Metallica would look cool with one of those big blower cars jacked up in the back with wide tires.

sure could....he's just a hotwheel guy, but using a different companies cars is no big deal...still the same amount of work with the same result

#32 10 years ago

sorry bout the sideways pics

#34 10 years ago

sweet cars ...... how does he do it

still reckon someone should do a hotwheels pin
http://www.youtube.com/user/HOTWHEELS/featured

here is a topic I started a while back
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-cool-theme-for-a-pin-would-be-hot-wheels

#35 10 years ago

I still have all my hot wheels cars in the garage with the car carrying case. I do remember some of them with rubber wheels.

#36 10 years ago

Payment sent! Thanks!

I will let you guys know what I think when it arrives.

#37 10 years ago

I'm digging the VW Metallica bus in the background I have a bunch of those buses that's what I was thinking for TZ or a panel wagon truck from muscle machines. He should do Metallica with muscle machines has that cartoon feel of Big Daddy Ed Roth and even dirty Donny, jacked up rear ends, fat drag tires skinny in front and big blowers that's what I was thinking for a TZ if I get it too. Does he show the art work before what ever stage he does to print and wrap on the image like to make sure you get an important part of image on it. I'm guessing he's really food by the Metallica I just saw.
Thinking about this now I'd like a real car done like this with pinball artwork on it.

#38 10 years ago

He can email or text any part of the process to you..you can discuss what you want on them with him first hand.

#39 10 years ago

These are bad ass!

badass.gifbadass.gif

#40 10 years ago

Amazing work!

The acronym for his business name is a bit unfortunate, but amazing attention to detail!

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

Amazing work!
The acronym for his business name is a bit unfortunate, but amazing attention to detail!

yeah we just realized that today...gonna be Killer Custom Kreations

#42 10 years ago

Bumping this thread for a cool custom item...

Bump4.gifBump4.gif

#43 10 years ago

Some of the guys that ordered should be getting theirs by Tuesday..Back to the Top, waiting our reviews. Thanks to all that ordered..Jake can make other machines if interested.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-pinball-themed-hotwheels-carbbb-themed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.