20220815_174618 (resized).jpg
20220813_163431 (resized).jpg
20220817_170016 (resized).jpg
20220811_184618 (resized).jpg
20220808_173531 (resized).jpg
29E5F2A7-1935-45B5-BE3B-9B6B805EAFF0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8347 (resized).JPG
IMG_8346 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nextopin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I missed this post, my bad. The hardware will be available as soon as we can get it wrapped. We have a few variations of hardware coming together at the same time and have been factoring in some last minute revisions to provide maximum throughput (adding another processor) and some connector changes based on user feedback (primarily RGB LED connectors, battery support, etc).
I will be adding more details to our website in the coming days as we get the initial hardware pricing dialed in, so that people can begin to determine if the hardware fits their budget and justify the wait.
I will say that all the testing on what we do have has been going very well. We are going to be using some of the hardware that we have in hand as early adopter kits for some of our patient friends who have been eagerly waiting to get those flippers flipping!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fast-portable-pinball
The portable pinball game was updated to all the latest revision hardware and was on hand to play with at CAX. We had the FAST I/O 1616 board in action as well as the FAST Controller running the RGB LEDs. Very cool to see all the hardwork coming to life!
We also had a Funhouse running on our FAST WPC Controller w/ PinMAME running the original ROMs. Little work to do dialing that in, but wow, what a milestone that was!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Will your board work on a System 11 machine? Do I have to rewire my playfield? I'd like to keep the machine playable both in it's original state and the new modified version. Thanks for your time.

2 months later
#95 9 years ago

I'm Thinking about doing a SS conversion on this Aztec I picked up a while back. Got it with just what you see here, no guts.

I've been trying to find a beater donor for it but haven't had any luck. I think P-ROC and FAST would be overkill for this, any recommendations on hardware?

Going to have to build or source a back box, Thinking about using an LCD instead of score reels, It would just display the stock back glass, nothing crazy. If anyone has an Aztec Back glass I would prefer to use that with the LCD behind it for the Reels but either way, I'm thinking I don't want to deal with the reels.

00X0X_8zSbPXjcnqC_600x450.jpg00X0X_8zSbPXjcnqC_600x450.jpg

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

My portable pin is based on an Aztec! Simple, fun layout.
Aaron
FAST Pinba

HA, I thought so! I saw that once and thought it looked like an aztec.

Do you have it programmed to play aztec? Is the source available?

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Check out these guys... https://missionpinball.com
Keep the reels.

Why? So I can run more driver boards and have more things to fail? Once I put a PCB in it, it's no longer an EM so why bother?

I mean, I understand why one might want to but I'm just wondering what the advantage would be especially considering I don't have an Aztec backbox. I would have to build it all from scratch or repurpose a backbox from another 4 player EM.

#103 9 years ago

That's awesome.

1 month later
#130 9 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Yep, and I have an extra brand new one if anyone is interested. Can save you a few bucks from the linked price!

It appears you are the only place to get one as they are out of stock and backordered. I was thinking about putting one in my Swinger EM and playing some big band music when you hit the moving target.

Anyone know if these can play more than one sound at a time, can I have music playing and still have sound effects without stopping the music?

#134 9 years ago

Now that's what I'm talkin about! Thank you sir! Just put it on my Xmas list, hopefully Mrs. Claus will get me one this year.

2 weeks later
#155 9 years ago
Quoted from PinBiohazard:

Here is a question to you all, if you were to customize a pinball machine into a video game theme what would you choose?

Gears of War.
Minecraft
Castle Crashers
Skyrim (Someone is already doing)
Call of Duty, just because it would be popular, I'm not a fan of the games.

and finally, my personal favorite
Tomb Raider

Edit:
God of War

#173 9 years ago

Aaron, will you be at Allentown show in the spring?

Also, if you are going to make a minecraft pin, how are you going to deal with having a square ball? Looks great, my kids would love it!

1 week later
#177 9 years ago
Quoted from PinBiohazard:

For those with half done projects/finished projects/idea projects, I decided to upgrade the forum https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-and-re-themed-pinball-club-the-brave-and-risk-takers

Isn't that what this thread is for?

#180 9 years ago

Charlie,

Can you help us out with some PinHeck Boards? Will these ever be released to the public?

Have you ever thought about selling Pins with "some assembly required"? Like a DIY Pinball machine kit?

2 weeks later
#220 9 years ago
Quoted from goalzzz:

German guy building a compressed air driven pinball:
http://www.fingers-welt.de/gallerie/eigen/maschine/flipper/druck.htm

oben.jpg 79 KB

I though about this once. I think it would work fine until you hit multiball, then you would need a good compressor to keep up. I had thought of using the compressor as a shaker motor too. It will be cool to see how it turns out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nextopin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-pinball-machinesre-themed-pinball-machines?tu=nextopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.