Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Shoot_Again
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sassyhartman.jpg
Napster.jpg
shooter-idea.jpg
metallicarod2.jpg

#1 6 years ago

we got our metallica shooter rods available. They have the art to match the game screened right on the front and are done in a gloss black to match the game. Everything is cleared on the top for protection. They are quite smooth and a great size to fit in your hand!

http://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/metallica-pinball-shooter-rod

metallicarod2.jpg

#2 6 years ago

You are so getting a C&D lol no really all the topper guys got threatened with one.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballBulbs:

we got our metallica shooter rods available. They have the art to match the game screened right on the front and are done in a gloss black to match the game. Everything is cleared on the top for protection. They are quite smooth and a great size to fit in your hand!
http://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/metallica-pinball-shooter-rod

Grab it QUICK! Clicking the stopwatch to C&D.

#4 6 years ago

Wonder who's gonna have a bigger issue with these....Dirty Don or Metallica?

#5 6 years ago

I like it!

#6 6 years ago

Thanks man! They are clean lookin!

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

ITs a great way to get your new business shut down from Metallica's lawyers. I give it a day before this persons phone is ringing

#8 6 years ago

The shooter knob needs to look like this, IMO.

shooter-idea.jpg

#9 6 years ago

You should make one with this on it. Never forget...

Napster.jpg

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Lars

That is funny nibbles.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

There are lots of thing sit could've been with all the artwork and ideas floating around, but something had to be chosen

They should just make a napster pin coming up! lol

#12 6 years ago

If you wanna do it and NOT get sued, why not just use symbols from the albums? A hammer for Kill Em All, an electric chair for lightning, a cross for Masters, a justice statue for justice, and a steaming pile of sh#t for the rest???

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

If you wanna do it and NOT get sued, why not just use symbols from the albums? A hammer for Kill Em All, an electric chair for lightning, a cross for Masters, a justice statue for justice, and a steaming pile of sh#t for the rest???

Hahahaha!!!

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I concur...

#15 6 years ago

Gotta agree with Zippy - Pinheads know their stuff

#16 6 years ago

Sassy!

sassyhartman.jpg

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

You should make one with this on it. Never forget...

That would be seriously funny if there was one of these on a MET.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

You are so getting a C&D lol no really all the topper guys got threatened with one.

I hadn't heard if anyone had actually got a C&D (or an off the record, official threat of one), but I had heard mentioned that it wouldn't be surprising if someone did.

Has anyone seen any specific mention of Met sending out any C&D to pinball mod makers?

#19 6 years ago

If you don't use their artwork or name there is nothing they can do. That shooter rod will gain attention for sure. Electric chairs, crosses, lightning, army helmets are all considered shapes and those can't be patented or copyright issue's.. until you strap a name on it.

4 weeks later
#20 6 years ago

Just wanted to give a shout that we will have these at the NW pinball show and have made another full run of them. It was initially planned to not make too many more, but I got so many emails and PMs on it I decided to have another run made so they are available again and in stock!

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

If you don't use their artwork or name there is nothing they can do. That shooter rod will gain attention for sure. Electric chairs, crosses, lightning, army helmets are all considered shapes and those can't be patented or copyright issue's.. until you strap a name on it.

You're really not understanding copyright and/or trademark law very well here

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from gamestencils:

You're really not understanding copyright and/or trademark law very well here

I understand very well. What do you feel I don't??

#23 6 years ago

Looks great but agree this is probably going to be a copyright nightmare before done.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside