Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Hi,
I just entered a custom message in my AC/DC, set "Display Custom Message" to "ON", but nothing displays during attract mode. Of course I don´t know how often this message should display.
Anybody any hints for me?
Herbert

#2 10 years ago

Not positive, but I think you have to set to 'on' first and then type message...did you try that? I'm just basing that on other game set up. Easy enough to try! Good luck.

#3 10 years ago

If it's like the old Williams games (there were 3 message screens), you have to "fill" all screens in order to get the message to play. If your message is shorter than the allocated space, just blank out the rest of the letters with spaces (this messed me up for a while) and you should be all set!
GL!

#4 10 years ago

I hope you are right hollywood....I could not get a custom message to load on to mine either.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

I just entered a custom message in my AC/DC, set "Display Custom Message" to "ON", but nothing displays during attract mode. Of course I don´t know how often this message should display.

Turn it on, Enter Custom Message (Try a short one for starters, you can see how its formatted). Get out of the menus. During the attract mode, hit the left or right flipper buttons to cycle through all the screens, the custom message will be in there somewhere.

-Wes

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

Not positive, but I think you have to set to 'on' first and then type message...did you try that?

Hi Cash_Riprock, I tried that, but the message still doesn´t display. I also tried short messages as well as a long one which fills the allocated space - still nothing.....

Quoted from copperpot:

During the attract mode, hit the left or right flipper buttons to cycle through all the screens

@copperpot: Thanks for that hint - watching all those high score displays was a bit time consuming . At least now I can see pretty quickly that my message is nowhere in there....

1 month later
#7 10 years ago

Bump. Anyone have luck in getting their custom message to display on AC/DC ?

#8 10 years ago

Enable it in the service menu.
Input your message.

If you want to view it quickly turn off the machine, power on and when the display flashes "Game Over" press the left flipper button and you should see your custom message.

#9 10 years ago

It does not work. Does anyone else other than the OP and others above in this thread have this problem/issue?

#10 10 years ago

It is properly tricky. If you do anything after entering the message that interact with it, the game will lose the message and then not display anything.

I forget the exact sequence of inputs to get things to work (and am away from machines I can play with), so I'm not very helpful

As I recall there's not a bug, it's just designed badly: everything behaves in a predictable manner once you figure things out. Exiting the message-input screen in the correct way is key, but again I forget how--one of the two obvious ways to do so is actually 'cancel' and it will forget your message.

#11 10 years ago

It's not that tricky, what needs to be done is you input the message, save it, get out of the menus to attract mode then press both flipper buttons simultaneously and THEN it will display the custom message in the rotation and will stay there for about 10 mins in the rotation and then it will be lost, then you hit both buttons again and it comes back up.

I suspect it has to do with the fact we have our games on Freeplay, as I know of a Tron on location where it's not on freeplay and the custom message that it has remains in the rotation continuously.

#12 10 years ago

I had no problems entering my custom message. I've even changed it once with no issues. My guess is that if you are having issues, it's a sequence issue and not a glitch. It displays it briefly after a long sequence in attract mode but it's there. I programmed mine to read "Draino--Play Better"!! I also have it set to play through the match sequence at the end of your game but it will never match! I love watching non pinheads try to win a free game knowing that it's not going to happen! It's on free play. Who cares if you match!

#13 10 years ago

hmmm... Well I can see it if I do the left flipper button trick on boot-up... But have never seen it displayed after game is over etc...

#14 10 years ago

No problem here..same way I did all the other games - sorry

image.jpgimage.jpg

#15 10 years ago

Does it display on its own, or do you have to hit the left flipper on boot up?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 12.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-message-on-acdc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.