18877E55-2B84-4C33-9C4E-D285869E0780 (resized).jpeg
Bally.jpg
image (resized).jpg
Bally.jpg
1D9C1F53-DEA2-454D-A476-54691FED6C97 (resized).jpeg
E1952944-75D2-4821-B427-A5272C32C801 (resized).jpeg
userlogo-mb.jpg
userlogo.jpg

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

I have seen a few Chicago Gaming Remakes have a “Custom Logo” with Bally instead of Chicago Gaming. I have read the manual on how to upload it on the pin, but I don’t know how to create a .bmp file. Is anyone willing to share that file or have an advice on how to make it?
Thank you greatly in advance!

#2 2 years ago

Which do you want, I had it somewhere...

#3 2 years ago

Beggars can’t be choosers, but..... the classic chrome or white Bally logo would be fantastic!

#4 2 years ago

here is a black but can do a white as well - let me know if this is what you want - also pinside doesn't allow BMP so these are png's, so send me a pm for those if this is what you want.

Bally.png

#5 2 years ago

white and metal finish

Bally - Metal.pngBally - White.png
#6 2 years ago
Quoted from thehobbyman:

Beggars can’t be choosers, but..... the classic chrome or white Bally logo would be fantastic!

No way mB? Must a Williams.

#7 2 years ago

Yes, your correct! Willams is what I need for MBr but I’m also looking for Bally for AFMr as well.

92DCAF38-EB70-4334-BEC6-5EB79101357A (resized).jpeg
#8 2 years ago

I sent the Bally, but can't find the Williams artwork

#9 2 years ago

found one in some other art

Williams.png
#10 2 years ago

Thank you so much swinks! I got both files and they are now on the machines. Thank you everyone for your help.

46078DF9-F73B-4EBD-8BEC-2968B0C77BBE (resized).jpeg
#11 2 years ago

nice work

#12 2 years ago

Cool! Going to use this on mine too. Thanks!

#13 2 years ago

My AMFr SE has the Bally logo on it. Does that mean the previous owner changed it or did some of them come from the factory with the Bally logo?

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

My AMFr SE has the Bally logo on it. Does that mean the previous owner changed it or did some of them come from the factory with the Bally logo?

No that’s factory. They can use the Bally logo but not the Williams logo. This is from just reading past posts, something to do with licensing and why nothing says Williams on MBR and MMR. I believe Williams used both companies names on their machines for branding purposes. Not sure why though.

3 weeks later
5 months later
#16 1 year ago

Can someone help me? What sd card should I order? Where does it insert? Sorry, tech challenged, appreciate a little hand holding, lol...pics appreciated!

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Can someone help me? What sd card should I order? Where does it insert? Sorry, tech challenged, appreciate a little hand holding, lol...pics appreciated!

Page 1-12 in the manual for a start.

LTG : )

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

I also was confused at first. The manual explains it. The required file for the "Williams" logo is floating around on pinside too.

#19 1 year ago

I went with this logo:

AFMR_Logo (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#20 1 year ago

Think I've got it, but where on the controller board in the backbox, do I insert the SD card? Pic appreciated, tks.

#21 1 year ago

Red arrow points to the slot.

DSC00084 (resized).JPG
#22 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Red arrow points to the slot.
[quoted image]

Always the best LTG, tks

1 week later
#23 1 year ago

What the freak am I doing wrong here??? Card format correct, file correct, inserted correct???
20201226_091924 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#24 1 year ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

What the freak am I doing wrong here??? Card format correct, file correct, inserted correct???
[quoted image]

Do you have the newest update installed?

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Do you have the newest update installed?

Something wrong with my machine.

I mailed CGC the software on a sd card. They tested on their end, stated it worked. Thus far CGC is ignoring my request for a warrenty claim. I hope they're honorable and just slow to respond, but unfortunately nothing to report yet.

1 week later
#27 1 year ago

So I finally got the 2 sd cards back from CGC. 1 has a custom logo on it, the other 3.0.0 software update. After several attempts, with me actually pressing on the beagle, the 3.0.0 loaded. What's interesting is none of the beagle fingers appear bent? After this I tried 10 different sd cards with the custom logo for uploading. Zero sd cards with the custom logo worked. Same error everytime, sd card will not mount. ARGH! CGC claimed both the sd cards I sent them worked perfect at their shop. No idea where to go from here since CGC closed my ticket too.

#28 1 year ago

To follow-up on the custom logo upload issue. CGC sent me a replacement control board. Installed the new board and bam, problem solved. Install of software and logo was super easy, 1st time too at that. Hope this thread helps someone else downstream and more importantly, glad I wasn't losing my marbles thinking it was me the whole time.

10 months later
#29 6 months ago
Quoted from thehobbyman:

Thank you so much swinks! I got both files and they are now on the machines. Thank you everyone for your help.
[quoted image]

I need to do this!

#30 6 months ago

Can’t seem to get past this.

9266E623-C518-4831-A7E8-4DC65DC37764 (resized).jpeg
#31 6 months ago

What file are you trying to use?

Assuming that you have a Windows PC, right-click on the file, choose "properties", then click on the "details" tab.
Then, under "Image", it should say...

Dimensions 320 x 80
Width 320 pixels
Height 80 pixels
Bit Depth 24

If it says anything else, it probably won't work.

Attached here are two different logo files that I have used. Unfortunately, Pinside won't allow posts of BMP files, so these are JPG files.
To convert them to BMP you can use this free website...

https://convertio.co/jpg-bmp/

Hope this helps.

userlogo-mb.jpguserlogo.jpg
#32 6 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Assuming that you have a Windows PC, right-click on the file, choose "properties", then click on the "details" tab.
Dimensions 320 x 80
Width 320 pixels
Height 80 pixels
Bit Depth 24
Attached here are two different logo files that I have used. Unfortunately, Pinside won't allow posts of BMP files, so these are JPG files.
Hope this helps.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks!
I’ll try that!

#33 6 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Dimensions 320 x 80
Width 320 pixels
Height 80 pixels
Bit Depth 24
Hope this helps.
[quoted image][quoted image]

For some reason I could save your image as a 24 bit. Worked!
Thanks!

E1952944-75D2-4821-B427-A5272C32C801 (resized).jpeg
#34 6 months ago

Glad I could help...

#35 6 months ago

I used the Bally logo in this thread, but the background is white for some reason. Can I change that in paint?
Thanks!

1D9C1F53-DEA2-454D-A476-54691FED6C97 (resized).jpeg
#36 6 months ago

Here is a version of that file with a Black background...

You'll still need to convert it to BMP as I described above.

Bally.jpg
#37 6 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Here is a version of that file with a Black background...
You'll still need to convert it to BMP as I described above.
[quoted image]

That worked!

image (resized).jpg
#38 6 months ago

Richard-NBA-SF2 said that the Bally logo I provided was a bit too big (needing more black border).

So here is a (hopefully) better version. Again, it will need to be converted to BMP as I described above.

Bally.jpg
#39 6 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Richard-NBA-SF2 said that the Bally logo I provided was a bit too big (needing more black border).
So here is a (hopefully) better version. Again, it will need to be converted to BMP as I described above.[quoted image]

Thanks!
I’ll try that tonight!
Richard

#40 6 months ago

I adjusted the images a bit in paint -I think they turned out OK...
They look great on the pins (the Bally logo is a bit bigger than the stock logo that comes installed in the AFMr) - I plan to use this Bally image on my CCr as well.
Thanks for the help mbeardsley !!

userlogo-jpeg-B (resized).jpguserlogo-jpeg-W (resized).jpg
#41 6 months ago
A85B543F-BC5E-4B84-B0FA-F545FDFE9FA5 (resized).jpegD0289159-E263-4A4E-8764-BE2F85C82A33 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#42 3 months ago

Anyone know why when i am loading any of the above images onto my MMrSE the williams will wrap in the window so the S if back infront of the w

#43 3 months ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Anyone know why when i am loading any of the above images onto my MMrSE the williams will wrap in the window so the S if back infront of the w

post the size of the picture, file type etc

#44 3 months ago

Took the images form the post 2 above mine made sure it was the 320 x 80 as stated in manual

#45 3 months ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Took the images form the post 2 above mine made sure it was the 320 x 80 as stated in manual

Hmm, you saved it as a 24 bit BMP?
Not sure why it would do that.

#46 3 months ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

On your PC , if you right click on the Williams image and select properties it should say 24 bit, BMP under the details tab - Does it?

D84BCD0E-C1FB-4A85-B999-C907ACFCE448 (resized).jpeg
#47 3 months ago

Yes it does my specs match what you show. I know there are some button on the display would this be some kind of a screen shift issue?

#48 3 months ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Yes it does my specs match what you show. I know there are some button on the display would this be some kind of a screen shift issue?

Hmm, what button? Your stock logo displays good tho correct?

#49 3 months ago

Yes it is that is what is so strange, on the top of the silver metal box on the back of the display there are like 4 or 5 black buttons. I remember when i got my AFM i think i had to mess with those to adjust something but i don’t remember what exactly its been awhile ago now

#50 3 months ago

Update: just tried to install the same file on my MbrSE and same thing

D5C30243-D88F-447A-BEA1-79B9E5D47DEC (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Laughlin , NV
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 100.00
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!