• Latest reply 10 years ago by kwiKimart
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gnrbeforeandafteroptimized.png

#1 10 years ago

We went down to Stryker's arcade last night and did some LED work on his Guns n Roses pin. We added about 4 feet of LED lighting strips, 2 double spotlight kits and full LEDs throughout. I took a before and after pic

gnrbeforeandafteroptimized.pnggnrbeforeandafteroptimized.png

#2 10 years ago

looks good. would like to see all lamps on playfield lit up too.

#3 10 years ago

wow, add's ton of light to the game. Looks real nice.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

looks good. would like to see all lamps on playfield lit up too.

Yeah, after looking at the pics I agree. I took it during attract mode each time and not during a all lamp test or anything, which would've helped for sure.

#5 10 years ago

Great job guys! I had leds in most of my tables with the stock lamp locations and thought they looked good until this. Now the others all look dark. It's like having a new machine. Now we just have a dozen more to do!

#6 10 years ago

Any chance that you have a listing of the bulbs and their locations? I know of a GnR that could use the same treatment.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Any chance that you have a listing of the bulbs and their locations? I know of a GnR that could use the same treatment.

Yes actually! We made a kit as we LED'd this game. So, there is a basic "white" kit and then a custom colored kit and then a full kit which comes with all the LEDs, spotlight kits and LED strip kits so everything is plug n play. Should be finalized shortly and ready to ship. If you are just wanting the list shoot me a PM and I can get that over to ya

#8 10 years ago

PinballBulbs - can you save me a click or two? What's your website I also know of a GnR that could use a little lamp/light help.

Edit - I found the website. No need to post just for me.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from rad:

PinballBulbs - can you save me a click or two? What's your website I also know of a GnR that could use a little lamp/light help.
Edit - I found the website. No need to post just for me.

www.pinballbulbs.com - You get it anyway!

#10 10 years ago

Nice and bright, but why all purple? It sorta ruins all the artwork IMO...everything is just a purple hew..

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Nice and bright, but why all purple? It sorta ruins all the artwork IMO...everything is just a purple hew..

Definitely not everyone's cup of tea. I do agree. The pic looks more purple than in person for sure, as is with LED pics. Also, the purples are not a deep purple so it really makes the plastics pop without being an intense cool white. Too many colors can really wash the plastics out and be intensely one color. Also, we can do any color if someone else had us do their pin. It's all personal preference

When in person the blues and reds on the PF still pop really well as do the skin tones in the plastics themselves

#12 10 years ago

Wow, that looks fantastic! Nice work

#13 10 years ago

I think the camera makes it look more purple. The colors pop like a blacklight effect.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

It's so hard to properly photograph led installs. The camera pics up the purple and colorbbs it all over.

The purple is a unique color. In real life it has a purplish glow but doesn't look all pink color bombed. Purple adds a soft light that activates the blues and greens in a very unique way. It also activates some of the UV properties in the artwork. You can use whites in the spotlight kits instead but that blows away the effect much like turning on the gameroom lights would. In the photos all the yellow and oranges are gone. In real life they're not. The main takeaway here is that the pics were taken in the dark. There is no center tunnel of darkness. And because the game is so well lit, you don't get that led flashing seizure. Also game is quite easy to play in the dark now. The avengers sitting next to it looked a bit dark after we were done and also showed dark patches.

2 months later
#15 10 years ago

Kit currently off the site to work on easier 12v connections. Let us know if you have any questions!

http://pinballbulbs.com

#16 10 years ago

Looks fantastic!! Wish I had a GNR to try it out on!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 78.50
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods
Toppers
$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-lighting-on-guns-n-roses and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.