KISS final 010.JPG
KISS final 015.JPG
KISS final 007.JPG
KISS final 005.JPG
KISS final 003.JPG
KISS final 002.JPG
KISS final 001.JPG
#1 10 years ago

This is what I have been doing all winter. With the help of Ridic Rick of Arcadeskins, and Kirk Hamer of Mancave Medic, we were able to transform an old 1978 Kiss machine on its last leg into a Custom that could not have turned out any better. To the purists out there I'm sorry, but to the others who think mods are cool, We put our heart and soul into this one. We will be parking this one at the MGC for all to play!!
KISS final 001.JPGKISS final 001.JPGKISS final 002.JPGKISS final 002.JPGKISS final 003.JPGKISS final 003.JPG

#2 10 years ago

Wow. That would make the trip to MGC worthwhile all by itself.

LTG : )™

#3 10 years ago

More picsKISS final 005.JPGKISS final 005.JPGKISS final 007.JPGKISS final 007.JPGKISS final 015.JPGKISS final 015.JPGKISS final 010.JPGKISS final 010.JPGKISS final 016.JPGKISS final 016.JPG

#4 10 years ago

Tommy thayer and eric singer on the cabinet? Some would call
that blasphemy. But kizz is kizz. Looks cool.

#5 10 years ago

UFO, I was going to say the same thing. You need the old members of Kiss on the cabinet. But the machine looks great.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from UFO:

I was going to say the same thing ... the KISS fans I know hate Thayer wearing Ace's makeup LOL

But the machine looks very cool indeed.

Love the black trim.

Awesome job.

rd

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from UFO:

Ditto.

#8 10 years ago

You know.. Ditto... I think ace and peter belong there. Without all four of those guys, that band would
have never been. Thayer/Singer - Sorry - It's just wrong to pretend you're a member with their make up.

#9 10 years ago

Got to say that the artwork designs beats the hell out of my custom KISS machines. That being said.....it's going to be a VERY tough sell to ANY KISS collector with Thayer & Singer on the artwork.

#10 10 years ago

Very nice. Is it for sale?

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Very nice. Is it for sale?

It will be for sale at the MGC

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from UFO:

Huge fail IMO.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

It will be for sale at the MGC

Price? That would be a KISS machine to own. I liked mine, but enough to hang onto it anymore.

#15 10 years ago

Beautiful piece BUT Thayer and Singer?? If your gonna go with the "Hired guns" Carr/Vinnie Vincent would have been much better alternatives.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Price? That would be a KISS machine to own. I liked mine, but enough to hang onto it anymore.

Looking to get $6500 for it, lot of time and effort spent in getting this the way I wanted it to be!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainFantastic:

Beautiful piece BUT Thayer and Singer?? If your gonna go with the "Hired guns" Carr/Vinnie Vincent would have been much better alternatives.

I really like the logo. Its still kiss. Would you have a pic of your ex-wife, if you re-married?

#18 10 years ago

Looking to get $6500 for it, lot of time and effort spent in getting this the way I wanted it to be!

Wow. That's a lot of $$$$ for KISS. It is awfully nice tho.

#19 10 years ago

Beautiful machine! (Too bad the game-play sucks)

#20 10 years ago

Wow that's some labor hours for sure. Love everything done the black trim sets it off. A job well done

#21 10 years ago

very neat and has a nice modern touch, would love to check it out in person. I know alot of effort and time was put into this build. nice job!

#22 10 years ago

Very cool looking game, beautiful job! I did have the same reaction to the side art . Funny how true fans can pick out Tommy and Eric even in Ace and Peters makeup. I think real fans would care and regular joe Kiss fans of which there are a lot, would not even notice . Game play of Kiss(my first pinball) is what started the ball rolling for me and is the reason I opened a pinball arcade so I am indebted to this game for life and all my customers should thank Kiss and my wife for "Lyons Classic Pinball"
Thanks Kiss
Great looking game !
Ace and Peter are on the playfield and back glass so they should also be on the cab art,just my opinion.

#23 10 years ago

Game looks amazing except for those posers on the side decal. Kiss isn't Kiss without Ace and Peter.

#24 10 years ago

When you see them in Concert this year with Def Leppard they are not charging half price because they have 2 posers in the group!!

#25 10 years ago

When you see them in Concert this year with Def Leppard they are not charging half price because they have 2 posers in the group!!

I didn't see any type of discount on my credit card when I bought mine.

#26 10 years ago

Eric Singer is a helluva lot better than Peter Criss. Been with the band a lot longer too...I always liked Peter, but Eric is much better.

#27 10 years ago

He may be better, but he's not the real Catman!!

#28 10 years ago

I actually received an email this morning for Goupon to get tickets for KISS/Def Leppard for $25.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I actually received an email this morning for Goupon to get tickets for KISS/Def Leppard for $25.

Now that's a deal.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Send me some cheap tickets, for that price I'd love to go!!!!

#31 10 years ago

Send me some cheap tickets, for that price I'd love to go!!!!

If they're playing near you just do a Google search on "Groupon KISS" and it will give you a listing of different places that the deals is available for. They have it listed by city and each city is different. I seen some for $30 and some for $25.

#33 10 years ago

It looks good, but its not a restoration.

#34 10 years ago

#35 10 years ago

I knew I wouldn't please everyone.

Did putting those impostors on there please anyone?

That aside, the rest of it looks great! I love the band member art from the solo albums on the bumper caps especially. The black trim also looks very sharp.

#36 10 years ago

I really like the logo. Its still kiss. Would you have a pic of your ex-wife, if you re-married?

Maybe one side could have been the original line up and the other could have been the newer line up. Heck,maybe a little tribute to Eric Carr would have even been cool somewhere. Nicely done however. Got my tickets to see them in June. Should be awesome, I haven't seen them since '78!

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Got my tickets to see them in June. Should be awesome, I haven't seen them since '78!

They still put on a helluva show. Seen them 3 times in the last 4 years.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-kiss-restoration and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.