(Topic ID: 9101)

custom hellraiser pin

By Slaymetender

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deadheads.jpg
    Souls.jpg
    dougB.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Hey folks, I've decided to make a custom hellraiser pin. I'm collecting ideas for scoring and toys. Anybody with ideas? I'm already including a moveable cube and pleasure and pain modes.

#2 12 years ago

okay here is the first thing that i thought of.. What if it had a Upper level bagatelle like pin-bot, but with those crazy nails in that guys head? sorry, its all i had.

#3 12 years ago

With pinhead I thought of a pachinko mode in the backglass. Might be too cheesy but it works well with the theme.

#4 12 years ago

that sounds pretty rad, you would have to do something with pinhead without a doubt.

#5 12 years ago

HellRaiser Pin ,, Now That's something Different.. I Like the Thought ...

#6 12 years ago

It goes well in my gallery and the art I already make, so it was a no brainer for me. I plan on custom cabinets for the game too. Looking for ideas for game play.

#7 12 years ago

you have to have the box that opens maybe on a series of shots on the way to multiball. Gotta have Pinheads head on the playfield. Hooks are always good.

Doug Bradley (Pinhead) likes nipples

dougB.jpgdougB.jpg

#8 12 years ago

You could have an option at the beginning of each ball to be a different Hellraiser character which would play differently each round of the game.....a la Dr. Who table.

HELL multiball would be cool.

#9 12 years ago

That is so awesome! Which pin are you converting for this? Or are you starting from scratch? It would be cool to have some actual chains rattling together somehow. Or have a chain move as it snakes in and out of the playfield. http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=loch+ness+monster&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick
    Instead of the loch ness monster, you could use a similar idea with a chain. Except the chain would be in a circuit and snake in and out of the playfield when something happened, like say switching modes for example.
    A toy you could make, probably easily, is the mouth for the chatterer cenobite. It'll chatter at opportune moments.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from DEVILinIRON:

Which pin are you converting for this? Or are you starting from scratch?

Guessing from his earlier thread, he picked up an Austin Powers for the conversion.

#11 12 years ago

Nifty idea! ..........did i say nifty??

#12 12 years ago

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/images/4504/image-11.jpg
    Nice, ok. Thanks robertmee. Let's see...
    It's probably a no-brainer to just replace all the current portraits with cenobite characters. Is it possible to make custom animations for a DMD?

#13 12 years ago

The "Allspark Cube" assembly on TF would make a good puzzle box..

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from Slaymetender:

Hey folks, I've decided to make a custom hellraiser pin. I'm collecting ideas for scoring and toys. Anybody with ideas? I'm already including a moveable cube and pleasure and pain modes.

We have such sights to show you.

#15 12 years ago

I know you already started with an Austin Powers but I think Starship Troopers would be a good game for this. The puzzle box in place of the Brain Bug, turn the planets into into each of the Cenobites (Pinhead being the last of course). Lots of flashers to play with too.

Anyway..

Great theme.

#17 12 years ago

Thanks for the links and ideas. I will be making everything custom. This will not be a conversion. The Austin Powers machine is only there to help me learn the programming language and for reference. The cube I will make from scratch and it will animate. This will be a fun project that will take over a year. I still have about a years worth of work on my custom mame machine too! If only I got paid for the hobbies

Keep the ideas coming though. I'm working on board layout soon.

Barry

#18 12 years ago

Oh! Even better! Looking forward to following your progress

#19 12 years ago

I think it would be cool to see Pinhead on the playfield a la Funhouse. His face is very distinctive and it would fun to see him taunt like Rudy. But I know Freddy got a similar treatment in Nightmare on Elm Street. So maybe that idea is overdone?

#20 12 years ago

Clive, Doug and Ashley approve

Souls.jpgSouls.jpg

1 year later
    #21 10 years ago

resurrecting a old (dead) thread !?

Any progress on this or has it been abandoned?

#22 10 years ago

Hell ya! That would be awesome!

#23 10 years ago

Awesome but if from scratch I'd imagine more than a years worth?

#24 10 years ago

Funhouse retheme would be cool!!

#25 10 years ago

My favorite character by far in horror movies. Too bad movies are horrible and just not done with good plots. Still classic at times. As far as ideas make sure to have the song version of "Hellraiser" by Motorhead in the game which I like better than the Ozzy version.

deadheads.jpgdeadheads.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-hellraiser-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.