road show instructions watermarked (resized).png
road show credits watermarked (resized).png
skateball instructions watermarked.png
skateball credits watermarked (resized).png
haunted house instructions watermarked (resized).png
haunted house credits watermarked (resized).png
Fun house credits v2 watermarked (resized).png
Melody instructions resized watermarked (resized).png
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 months ago

Hi! I've always loved pinball so I thought I could use my art to contribute to the community. In the future I hope to make mods and toppers but, for right now, I'm starting with apron cards.

So far I've only made cards for machines I either own or want to own. However, if there's anything specific you'd like me to make, let me know!

Everything is available for free at my GumRoad store. These were all hand drawn and designed by me so if you decide to share them online, just please credit me.

https://llyriondesigns.gumroad.com/

Please let me know if you have any advice or suggestions!

Fun house instructions watermarked (resized).pngFun house instructions watermarked (resized).pngFun house credits v2 watermarked (resized).pngFun house credits v2 watermarked (resized).pngFarfalla instructions watermarked (resized).pngFarfalla instructions watermarked (resized).pngFarfalla credits watermarked (resized).pngFarfalla credits watermarked (resized).pngfarfalla scores watermarked (resized).pngfarfalla scores watermarked (resized).pngMelody instructions resized watermarked (resized).pngMelody instructions resized watermarked (resized).pngMelody credits watermarked (resized).pngMelody credits watermarked (resized).png

#2 8 months ago

These are amazing.

I’d love to see what you can do for Skateball!

#3 8 months ago

Looks great! Minor typo: Funhouse was released 1990.

#4 8 months ago

Space Jam has a serious lack of custom cards available anywhere, so if you could do some for SJ that would be great.

#5 8 months ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

These are amazing.

Tysm! I will add that to my list!

#6 8 months ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Looks great! Minor typo: Funhouse was released 1990.

Oh no! Oops! Lol I'm gonna fix that ASAP

#7 8 months ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Space Jam has a serious lack of custom cards available anywhere, so if you could do some for SJ that would be great.

I can totally do that one!

#8 8 months ago

FunHouse mistake fixed!

Fun house credits v2 watermarked (resized).pngFun house credits v2 watermarked (resized).png
#9 8 months ago

Just finished the designs for Haunted House . Everything hand drawn by myself in Procreate. Once again, let me know if you have any advice or feedback! Next up is Skateball!

https://llyriondesigns.gumroad.com/l/hauntedhouse

haunted house credits watermarked (resized).pnghaunted house credits watermarked (resized).pnghaunted house instructions watermarked (resized).pnghaunted house instructions watermarked (resized).png
#10 8 months ago

These are amazing.

friscopinball Just finished Skateball for you (and anyone else who wants it)! Let me know if there's anything you'd like changed!

https://llyriondesigns.gumroad.com/l/skateball

skateball credits watermarked (resized).pngskateball credits watermarked (resized).pngskateball instructions watermarked.pngskateball instructions watermarked.png

#11 8 months ago

These are AWESOME!

#12 8 months ago

Really nice work and very gracious of you to share!

#13 8 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

These are AWESOME!

Tysm!!!

#14 8 months ago
Quoted from shepP:

Really nice work and very gracious of you to share!

Thank you! I'm just happy to contribute to the community!

#15 8 months ago

Wow, these are very nicely done! I really like the fact that they’re legible. Would you be able to look at any game collection and do some for those games (hint hint)?

#16 8 months ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

Wow, these are very nicely done! I really like the fact that they’re legible. Would you be able to look at any game collection and do some for those games (hint hint)?

I can absolutely add some of your games to the list!

#17 8 months ago
Quoted from Llyrion:

friscopinball Just finished Skateball for you (and anyone else who wants it)! Let me know if there's anything you'd like changed!
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is amazing. Makes me want to get a skateball.

Keep up the great work.

#18 8 months ago
Quoted from koji:

This is amazing. Makes me want to get a skateball.
Keep up the great work.

Tysm! Lol If you want the aesthetic of Skateball without having to buy it, I added some of the designs to my Redbubble account

https://www.redbubble.com/people/llyrioncosplay/shop?artistUserName=LlyrionCosplay&collections=3783217&iaCode=all-departments&sortOrder=relevant

#19 8 months ago
Quoted from Llyrion:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Holy cow! Amazing. Sending a thank you donation.

#20 8 months ago

Holy cow! Amazing. Sending a thank you donation.

Omg thank you so much!! I really appreciate it!

#21 8 months ago

I have a 2 player Speakeasy that I would love to have custom apron cards. There is nothing around for this pin. Is that something that you can do?

#22 8 months ago

These are some of the best custom cards I’ve seen. Great work! I always roll my eyes a bit when it’s just a stretched out image of the backglass or something, or pixelated MS Paint work. I’d love to see Dolly Parton done

#23 8 months ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

I have a 2 player Speakeasy that I would love to have custom apron cards. There is nothing around for this pin. Is that something that you can do?

My list is getting long but I can def add this one!

#24 8 months ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

These are some of the best custom cards I’ve seen. Great work! I always roll my eyes a bit when it’s just a stretched out image of the backglass or something, or pixelated MS Paint work. I’d love to see Dolly Parton done

Tysm!!! I totally forgot Dolly had a pinball machine. I NEED to make that one

#25 8 months ago
Quoted from Llyrion:

My list is getting long but I can def add this one!

Thank you!

1 week later
#26 7 months ago

New cards just finished! These are for William's Road Show
Again, these are free to download but donations are very welcome!

Up next is Party Zone! Let me know if you want anything added to the list!

https://llyriondesigns.gumroad.com/l/roadshow

Also, I started uploading the individual drawings to my RedBubble account. You can get them on shirts, stickers, etc!

https://bit.ly/ShirtsAndStickers

road show credits watermarked (resized).pngroad show credits watermarked (resized).pngroad show instructions watermarked (resized).pngroad show instructions watermarked (resized).png
#27 7 months ago

Any chance to do Space Jam?

#28 7 months ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Any chance to do Space Jam?

Not yet but I promise it's on my list!

#29 7 months ago

Very nice artwork. Please keep posting new ones

#30 7 months ago

Sneak peak of what I'm working on now! Any guesses?

Party monster w tix (resized).pngParty monster w tix (resized).png
#31 7 months ago

Oooh, oooh, I know, pick me

#32 7 months ago

These are great! Any chance you could do a couple more Pat Lawlor games - Earthshaker and Whirlwind??

#33 7 months ago

is the grey guy with the red hood supposed to be "the creature from the black lagoon" ?

this is a monsterbash card isn't it?

#34 7 months ago

These are amazing. I feel like you could do an awesome Cryptkeeper for Tales from the Crypt!

#35 7 months ago
Quoted from Llyrion:

Everything hand drawn by myself in Procreate

@Llyrion, I enjoy you sense of style and your illustrative creativity. Can you expound on your process? As a former illustrator and art director, I worked in a time when "hand drawn" meant pen and ink black lines, with comps done on a xerox of that with colored pencil and markers. Later on, color fills were done on a Mac from a scan of the original inked black line.

I am interested in how the process has evolved. Are you doing everything in Procreate? Are you using a Wacom tablet for the initial drawings?

Sorry to talk shop, but I am interested in how you work.

#36 7 months ago
Quoted from zerbam:

is the grey guy with the red hood supposed to be "the creature from the black lagoon" ?
this is a monsterbash card isn't it?

Haha, close but not quite! And i'm pretty sure the red hood guy is supposed to be a knock off version of the crypt keeper. lol

#37 7 months ago
Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

Oooh, oooh, I know, pick me

haha, nobody's gotten it yet!

#38 7 months ago
Quoted from mozach:

These are great! Any chance you could do a couple more Pat Lawlor games - Earthshaker and Whirlwind??

Absolutely!! I love his games!

#39 7 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

These are amazing. I feel like you could do an awesome Cryptkeeper for Tales from the Crypt!

Thank you! I'll have to add that to my list!

#40 7 months ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Llyrion, I enjoy you sense of style and your illustrative creativity. Can you expound on your process? As a former illustrator and art director, I worked in a time when "hand drawn" meant pen and ink black lines, with comps done on a xerox of that with colored pencil and markers. Later on, color fills were done on a Mac from a scan of the original inked black line.
I am interested in how the process has evolved. Are you doing everything in Procreate? Are you using a Wacom tablet for the initial drawings?
Sorry to talk shop, but I am interested in how you work.

Thank you so much!! For these, I do almost everything in Procreate, drawing directly on the screen. I envision a rough idea of what I want the cards to look like and then draw the individual art pieces. I usually import pictures of the original art as references and start with the outlines. I've noticed a lot of pinball artists seem to phone-in faces and proportions, especially on the playfield art, so I work on fixing that stuff first. Then I do my coloring layers (usually 3-4 layers, depending on the piece).

Once I have all the art done, I import it all into Photoshop to do the actual text and layout portions. I love Procreate, but it's not great at either of those pieces. This can take me awhile since I'm def more of an illustrator and not a graphic designer. If I'm being honest, I kind of just go off "vibes" for how to position everything on the cards, lol.

I know a lot of artists do still use Wacom tablets for their art but I have a hard time drawing on something separate from the screen.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you might have!

#41 7 months ago

Clue #2!

Party dude w tix (resized).pngParty dude w tix (resized).png
#42 7 months ago

Elvira and the Party Monsters, nice! You do great work.

#43 7 months ago
Quoted from Strohz:

Elvira and the Party Monsters, nice! You do great work.

Omg you're so close! Lol
(And tysm!)

#44 7 months ago
Quoted from Llyrion:

Omg you're so close! Lol
(And tysm!)

Party Zone

#45 7 months ago

How about for Bally Playboy?

#46 7 months ago

Frankenstein desperately needs a set! An alternative set with Young Frankenstein would be even better!

#47 7 months ago

Was that monster bash? Or was that already guessed

Really enjoy seeing your work. Please
Keep sharing.

#48 7 months ago
Quoted from topkat:

Was that monster bash? Or was that already guessed
Really enjoy seeing your work. Please
Keep sharing.

Haha, Stebel got it right! It's Party Zone!
And tysm!

Party zone girl (resized).pngParty zone girl (resized).pngParty zone girl 2 (resized).pngParty zone girl 2 (resized).png
#49 7 months ago

Oof finally finished the last of the three sets

Party animals w tix (resized).pngParty animals w tix (resized).png
1 week later
#50 7 months ago

Sorry for the lack of new cards! I was hired to do a custom tshirt design for a pinball league and, unfortunately, money comes before fun.
In the meantime, if you're looking for any last minute Holiday gifts, I've added some new designs to my Redbubble including this Bride of Pinbot I recently drew.
I hope to have Party Zone done soon and then on to Elvira and the Party Monsters!

https://www.redbubble.com/people/llyrioncosplay/shop?artistUserName=LlyrionCosplay&collections=3783217&iaCode=all-departments&sortOrder=relevant

bride of pinbot waatermarked.pngbride of pinbot waatermarked.png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 138.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Phoenix, AZ
$ 29.95
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Meridian Charter Township, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.