Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by UrethraFranklin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FinalPanel (resized).jpg
FinalPanel (resized).jpg
abc (resized).jpg
testGrill (resized).jpg
Grill Design (resized).jpg

#1 8 months ago

Hello, my friend is an engineer and works with a company that makes aluminum skins for R2D2's and thought he'd make a custom grill for his Stern Star Wars. I asked for the template so I could make one for my Guardians of the Galaxy and said there needs to be a minimum order of 10 and each would be $125, give or take. I have 5 people who are already interested, I just need 5 more people. These would be raw, and all the holes are there so you can replace your Pro, Premium, or Limited plaque.

Most of y'all can primer and matt black these yourself. Anyway, this image is a rough idea, it will be like this but it can change a bit. I have to make sure a bunch of pieces don't fall out after its cut.

Pending the final design are there 5 more people that would want one? They will be laser cut out of aluminum and bent to fit just like the originals.

I would only take deposits or payment once everyone involved approves, and I am about to place the order.

FinalPanel (resized).jpg

#2 8 months ago

So I did the first image just to see what I could get away with on design.

I went in this weekend and spent more time on it versus what I can send them immediately due to time crunch.

But here are the 3 designs I came up with, I like C the best.

Once again, these will be about $125 and cut and bent to fit the sterns perfectly.

Grill Design (resized).jpg

testGrill (resized).jpg

abc (resized).jpg

#3 8 months ago

Besides me the other 4 people want me to try something with a honey comb element so I am going to do 2 more designs tonight. If I do too many designs too many people will chime in but I will probably remove A and C, seems like they all like B the best.

#4 8 months ago

So I took input from the other 4 people who wanted one. I knew just because I like something doesn't mean it will sell, so the other 4 people are 4 completely different players with different tastes. Together we voted on this design. Once again these will be raw aluminum and will be about $125 - $150 a piece. I have access to an acrylic cutter so I am going to cut a square acrylic frame and attach LED's to mine.

I am going to paint mine orange, I like mine looking comicky.

I can also send it to you matte black, paint yours orange with mine.

I have to order 10 minimum. And I will be eating 5 so if I buy all of them I am going to paint 4 matte black, possibly 1 in orange. Attach LEDS to one for sure.

Think about this, the stock Stern one sells for $160.

FinalPanel (resized).jpg

#6 8 months ago
Quoted from RandomKG:

I want one, orange

You've got it.

4 left. And like I said if I am left with a few I am going to paint 1 or 2 add Led's and such and probably ask $300 or so. Like I said Stern's are $200ish (might be wrong about that)

5 months later
#7 77 days ago

After waiting and waiting and waiting these will be ready in one week. I am having 20 made, 5 are spoken for and 15 are available and they are raw aluminum, to the EXACT specs as the factory, and $140. They are raw so you can paint them or have them powdercoated.

15 left.

#8 77 days ago

This is a major fabrication shop here in DFW, they were helping with this in their free time and we had about 5 back and forths until we had an EXACT fit. It just took a second but when they are made it will be quick like a bandaid.

#9 75 days ago

Would you be able to post to Australia? If so I'm interested.

#11 75 days ago
Quoted from Micky:

Would you be able to post to Australia? If so I'm interested.

Yeah you have to pay for shipping. I've shipped a lot of stuff over your way.

#12 75 days ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

Yeah you have to pay for shipping. I've shipped a lot of stuff over your way.

Yeah that is fine with me. Mod looks great!
Will send you a pm

2 weeks later
#13 61 days ago

I've sent you a PM. Looks great and I am interested!

2 weeks later
#15 43 days ago

I'm still interested if this is going forward.

#16 40 days ago

Yeah unfortunately I am at the whim of the machine shop. They promised us that they'd have them before they moved to their new shop and they are moving to the shop next week. They are doing these while working with other customers but at this point I am a paying customer and it's been almost 6 months.

It's still happening. My friend is having some Star Wars ones made and once those are done they are doing GOTG. I really am sorry it's taking so long which is why I didn't want to take deposits. They are coming soon.

Now that they have the design for the grill done, I can almost do any game that is Spike 2 as long as there are 10-20 people interested...and assuming people don't mind waiting.

4 weeks later
#17 12 days ago

So these are supposed to be cut this week. I asked if I should collect deposits and my friend said given their inability to give us definite delivery times to wait until they are in my possession. But he was told it's supposed to be this week.

But after 8 months of making a prototype and refitting them and having to redesign it we have the correct design, I think we can design whatever we like for the speaker grills and just place it on top of what we have.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
8,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 27.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 12.99
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
$ 7,499.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 13.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside