IMG_3823 (resized).JPG
2017-04-11_18-39-07 (resized).jpg
2017-04-11_18-34-30 (resized).jpg
2017-04-11_18-34-57 (resized).jpg
2017-04-11_18-35-17 (resized).jpg
2017-04-11_18-36-18 (resized).jpg
2017-04-11_18-35-53 (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

I am doing some experimenting with custom art and engraving on lockdown bars. The images are ones I have done (and still working on) for my own machines, but I am going to be starting on a bar for Twilight Zone next week. I will probably put on ebay after complete with no reserve to find out what the value is in the real marketplace vs how much time it took me to create to see if it makes sense to offer this service. I will not be cheap, but for the few who want the over the top machine, it will be an awesome addition. It is a very time consuming process, very deep relief engravings. I may even do a tiffany glass enamel on one or two to see how it turns out. I can even do copper or gold inlay (for the very very very serious).

2017-04-11_18-35-53 (resized).jpg

2017-04-11_18-36-18 (resized).jpg

2017-04-11_18-35-17 (resized).jpg

2017-04-11_18-34-57 (resized).jpg

2017-04-11_18-34-30 (resized).jpg

2017-04-11_18-39-07 (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

Saw these at TPF, very cool. Your Pharoah was awesome, should post some pics of that here too.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from teletub:

I will probably put on ebay after complete with no reserve to find out what the value is in the real marketplace

Just putting one on Ebay will not tell you what the value is,you would have to put several on and see where the price evens out. When there is only one the sale price will usually be a bit higher.

#4 4 years ago

i like this

#5 4 years ago

Neat idea. Love custom stuff.

#6 4 years ago

Thumbs up

#10 4 years ago

This would look insane on Viking

#11 4 years ago

Enameled Flash Gordon has huge potential.

#12 4 years ago

AWESOME!

#13 4 years ago

It would look awesome on a brass lord of the rings :O

#15 4 years ago

Wow. How much to get my EBD lockbar engraved?

#16 4 years ago

Really nice work, all designs loom great but got to ask how many times have you f_ed up?

#17 4 years ago

Fantastic work! I suspect you will have no difficulty selling these.

Why not just decide how much it is worth to you to make these and see if they sell?

#18 4 years ago

I'm interested in a Flash Gordon!
Looks Great!

#19 4 years ago

Great idea, and it looks great. The FG and EBD looked impressive.

#20 4 years ago

Thanks everyone. I will have prices once these are each finished. slots of time in prepping and execution has to be perfect or the bar is ruined! Here is the FG so far. The engraving actually is 3D to make it appear like it's popping out.

IMG_3823 (resized).JPG

IMG_3827 (resized).JPG

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#21 4 years ago

I will also number these as they will be one of a kinds

#22 4 years ago

here is the pharaoh, when I took this photo, it was not complete so this is the only shot I have of it. This engraving is still permanent but will be much more affordable as it's not nearly as deep.

IMG_3215 (resized).JPG

#23 4 years ago

The deep relief ones would also look good with some paint in the engraving!

Are the shallow ones done with a laser engraver?

#24 4 years ago

Looks Awesome, any plans for other machines? Have you considered making a list of potential candidates cause i'm pretty sure you will get many different machine requests Nice work!!

#25 4 years ago

Following

#26 4 years ago

Tag.

#27 4 years ago

Here is the plan; continue working on Flash Gordon and Eight Ball Deluxe while doing art work for Twilight Zone. Not sure which will be finished first. Then Twilight Zone will be sold with no reserve on ebay. I will then start on Fathom, then possibly Indiana Jones (if I can find another wide body bar). Other than that, I can take requests.

#28 4 years ago

I really like the EBD

What would be the cost?

#30 4 years ago

Eight ball Deluxe as is now I can sell for $400 with core exchange. You would get this one pictured. Flash Gordon as is right now would be $325 with core exchange. 972-965-6675 text or call. The more I add, the more it will be

#31 4 years ago

very cool, watching

#32 4 years ago

Very cool, I'm not a mod guy but do find this one to be very ingenious, nice work!

#33 4 years ago

love it. great work. I would buy a centaur one.

#34 4 years ago

Can you do this on Brass Plated lock bars? Wondering what cool design you would do to an Indiana Jones lock bar....

#35 4 years ago

Put me down for Mata Hari...that design is sweet.

#36 4 years ago

I might be in for a NGS. Probably come up with a nice design from the artwork.

#37 4 years ago

teletub,
Are you using Cermark with a fiber laser to accomplish this?
Regardless; they look bad ash... I'm wondering how these would look on my star trek collection.

#38 4 years ago

I can sell this Mata Hari for $350 with core exchange. I can bid specific titles if you provide artwork in vector file. Just text or call me at 972-965-6675

#39 4 years ago

If you can't provide vector files, I can make with either your sketches, jpegs or whatever.

#40 4 years ago

First phase of TZ

IMG_3864 (resized).JPG

IMG_3865 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#41 4 years ago

A Mata Hari with a dagger enscribed with "Meine Ehre heißt Treue" would be pretty sweet.

#42 4 years ago

This definitely a cool addition, but very out of my price range. Nice work, and neat idea!

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

A Mata Hari with a dagger enscribed with "Meine Ehre heißt Treue" would be pretty sweet.

yikes

#44 4 years ago

Love that TZ teletub. How do you do these? Are they hand engraved or CNC?

#45 4 years ago

No inside cut radius so fiber laser id say. Looks cool.

#46 4 years ago

Um...I only knew this as the engraving on Mata Hari's dagger for half the production. Googled the phrase and found it to be a Nazi SS phrase.
Yikes is right! Maybe not such a good idea... guess this is the reason the slogan was removed from the later runs.

image-15 (resized).jpg

#47 4 years ago

"Meine Ehre Heisst Treue" is a German phrase that translates roughly to "My Honor Is Loyalty."

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Um...I only knew this as the engraving on Mata Hari's dagger for half the production. Googled the phrase and found it to be a Nazi SS phrase.
Yikes is right! Maybe not such a good idea... guess this is the reason the slogan was removed from the later runs.

lol I bet you're right!! It's kind of weird it was used on Mata Hari at all though; she died before the end of Ww I so would never have had anything to do with nazis

2 years later
#49 1 year ago

Teletub -

Are you still producing these? Interested in a couple....

Rob

#50 1 year ago

I remember these!
I think i bid on a TZ on ebay?
Anyway, my TOTAN would love this treatment, have to feed the genie.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside