(Topic ID: 100444)

Custom decals printing and cutting for pinheads only!

By ovfdfireman

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1458 decal (resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    41Q9YKCFcQL.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMAG0419.jpg
    RS.jpg
    image-182.jpg
    image-340.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-141.jpg

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

I'm interested in these when they're ready.

They have been done for quite some time. I have sent them out, just waiting for the "tester" to stick them on quick so I can make any final tweaks. So almost done! but I told him no rush as he has been busy.

#102 9 years ago

Great of you to do this! Well done on all counts. I like the Pingulp decals. I may need some of those!

LOL

Chris

#103 9 years ago

looking good ovfdfireman!

2 weeks later
    #104 9 years ago

Could you make me 2 of these? These go on the earthshaker shaker motor. The decal is 3 3/8 wide and 3 1/4 high.

ThanksIMAG0419.jpgIMAG0419.jpg

Post edited by Cheddar: added dimensions

1 month later
    #105 9 years ago

I'm needing a clear decal with black numbers and a line art arrow on it to go on a clear plastic

The reproduction plastic I bought (available from only one source) is missing the printing on it, and a decal is not available / for sale from them either or anywhere

PM sent as to not ruffle feathers...

Thanks!

Bob C

#106 9 years ago

If you do any Sharpshooter drop target decals please let me know, I am working on one. While I'm wishing I wish I could get a 'Same player shoots again' decal for the sharpshooter! Anybody have a scan?

1 month later
    #107 8 years ago
    Quoted from BobC:

I'm needing a clear decal with black numbers and a line art arrow on it to go on a clear plastic
    The reproduction plastic I bought (available from only one source) is missing the printing on it, and a decal is not available / for sale from them either or anywhere
    PM sent as to not ruffle feathers...
    Thanks!
    Bob C

Well I am slow I admit that, here is what I am sending you.... 2 reverse and one not reversed just for fun, stick it on your tool box or something
    image.jpgimage.jpg

1 month later
    #108 8 years ago

1st off I have to apologize for the long over due post.

A couple months ago I was desperate for an unobtainium decal set.
    I was merely contacting him for advice on how to do it myself.
    He informed me that the methods others had recommended would not achieve the desired results,
    and offered to use his expertize and high end commercial equipment to make what I needed for free.

Ovfdfireman worked with me for weeks exchanging many many emails and pictures.
    In the end he sent me 2 perfect decal sets

He worked very hard and did it for the love of pinball.
    I can't say enough, other than we are blessed to have him among us.

Bob C

#109 8 years ago
    Quoted from BobC:

1st off I have to apologize for the long over due post.
    A couple months ago I was desperate for an unobtainium decal set.
    I was merely contacting him for advice on how to do it myself.
    He informed me that the methods others had recommended would not achieve the desired results,
    and offered to use his expertize and high end commercial equipment to make what I needed for free.
    Ovfdfireman worked with me for weeks exchanging many many emails and pictures.
    In the end he sent me 2 perfect decal sets
    He worked very hard and did it for the love of pinball.
    I can't say enough, other than we are blessed to have him among us.
    Bob C

Thanks Bob, appreciate the kind words

Greg

2 months later
    #110 8 years ago

Hey all

How would you go about getting the art work for the area around the magnet on Iron Man? I am getting a routed one that half the artwork is worn to wood, the other side is fine.. This is in front of the whiplash character. I have access to a friends game that is home use only and mint, but a picture of it would be of no use..

Any help would be appreciated very much

Thanks

#111 8 years ago

Hey Greg, I need 4 of the yellow 3 Balls Required stickers that go on the lock bar receiver. Do you have any of those? Thanks

#112 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey Greg, I need 4 of the yellow 3 Balls Required stickers that go on the lock bar receiver. Do you have any of those? Thanks

Help me understand better, for which game a Stern, Williams?

#113 8 years ago
    Quoted from balboarules:

Hey all
    How would you go about getting the art work for the area around the magnet on Iron Man? I am getting a routed one that half the artwork is worn to wood, the other side is fine.. This is in front of the whiplash character. I have access to a friends game that is home use only and mint, but a picture of it would be of no use..
    Any help would be appreciated very much
    Thanks

The key here is getting the artwork made, that's the most time consuming part for most. I am here to bring that artwork you made to life.

#114 8 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Help me understand better, for which game a Stern, Williams?

Stern or Williams, I'm not trying to be original. Or maybe they say Insert 3 balls.

#115 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Stern or Williams, I'm not trying to be original. Or maybe they say Insert 3 balls.

I know it isn't exactly .. "stock".. but this sort of thing is pretty awesome for the operator reminders about key facts - like how many balls to remove, or replace back in, after working on the game.

41Q9YKCFcQL.jpg41Q9YKCFcQL.jpg

#116 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Take a look at the "install balls" stickers at the bottom of this sheet.... do you mean like those?

#117 8 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Take a look at the Williams "install balls" stickers at the bottom of this sheet.... do you mean like those?

Yes those would be fine.

4 weeks later
    1 month later
    #119 8 years ago

Just a heads up

1. I do not create artwork
    2. I do not print licensed art unless you have appropriate permissions.

(I do not always know what is licensed or not licensed, nor do I plan to monitor all possible licensures) It is your responsibility to have the appropriated permissions prior to taking to a any printer. As I have in the past, you will be required to sign an agreement that states you have the right to reproduce the provided art. We want to do our due diligence.

#120 8 years ago

I have a set of pop up target decals that I need reproduced. I held onto the decals after they fell off of the targets. How would I go about getting those done?

#121 8 years ago

You will need to find an artist, and likely pay him a fee to make the art. There are several here on pinside

#122 8 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

You will need to find an artist, and likely pay him a fee to make the art. There are several here on pinside

So If I were to send you the decals you could not replicate them? They are still good, they've just lost adhesion

#123 8 years ago

He just prints. You'll need to find someone who can scan them and then format them in AI or whatever

#124 8 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

He just prints. You'll need to find someone who can scan them and then format them in AI or whatever

Correct, I think I put that I don't do art on every post

Its not as simple as "just scanning"

#125 8 years ago

Yeah. Not quite just a scan. Vectorizing!! What fun!

#126 8 years ago

I installed the Color DMD a while ago with the help of local Pinsider pinballnut 3 in my Pro today, super easy. Have it set on blue....like everybody else and waiting for the color to be finished. HURRY UP! Just kidding, take your time and get it right but still.....HURRY UP.

3 months later
    #127 8 years ago

Just finished a complete WOZ decal set. Couple of alternatives on the sheet. I wish I had more time in the day!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#128 8 years ago

Great work ovdfireman!
    Can you print on waterslide decal paper? I use CorelDraw... do you accept CDR files? Or do you prefer AI, EPS?

Thank you!
    Jody

#129 8 years ago

Would you be able to make something like this into a nice plaque/decal that fits the blank spot on the MMR speaker panel with "limited edition #xxx of 1000" printed underneath "medieval madness"

#130 8 years ago
    Quoted from tandem2:

Great work ovdfireman!
    Can you print on waterslide decal paper? I use CorelDraw... do you accept CDR files? Or do you prefer AI, EPS?
    Thank you!
    Jody

Ai and eps

No I do vinyl, you can do waterslide on a regular printer though

#131 8 years ago
    Quoted from Drewblood419:

Would you be able to make something like this into a nice plaque/decal that fits the blank spot on the MMR speaker panel with "limited edition #xxx of 1000" printed underneath "medieval madness"

image_(resized).jpeg

This is Williams property, sorry

1 month later
    #132 7 years ago

We are just messing around with some coin door ideas for my Elvis

#133 7 years ago

More

3 weeks later
    #134 7 years ago

10 months later
    #135 7 years ago

Hi there.
    Do you have that big circle thing for Stellar Wars by any chance?

IMG_1458 decal (resized).jpgIMG_1458 decal (resized).jpg

2 months later
    #136 6 years ago

ovfdfireman,

Thank you for offering this service!

Do you also do waterslide decals? If so, what would the cost be to print out a sheet of clear waterslide decals using the pdf located here?
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227626/Shared/shadow-sanctum-decal.pdf

Thanks!

Scott

#137 6 years ago

Water slides don't take anything special for a printer, just a laser printer at home or a copier at Kinkos. I would suggest buying the water slide paper and just printing yourself for the most cost effective way, versus me shipping etc. best of luck

6 months later
    #138 6 years ago

Never moved forward with the JP decals?

#139 6 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

The key here is getting the artwork made, that's the most time consuming part for most. I am here to bring that artwork you made to life.

Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Never moved forward with the JP decals?

Someone had mentioned making the artwork previously. Would be happy to print them, I don't own a JP and haven't spent the time making or test fitting, etc.

#140 6 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Someone had mentioned making the artwork previously. Would be happy to print them, I don't own a JP and haven't spent the time making or test fitting, etc.

Hey man, first time I saw this thread! So cool what you're doing! I desperately need the decals for both EatPM ramps, and I ain't got the art.... I wonder if you (or someone) could help me with the images (and the decals )

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-decals-printing-and-cutting-for-pinheads-only/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.