(Topic ID: 100444)

Custom decals printing and cutting for pinheads only!

By ovfdfireman

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by AlexSMendes
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1458 decal (resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    41Q9YKCFcQL.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMAG0419.jpg
    RS.jpg
    image-182.jpg
    image-340.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-141.jpg

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

Service no longer offered

Hey guys,

Been a pinhead a long time and there are times I have an idea and couldn't bring it to life because the minimum costs were just too high, or times I wish I could make a drop target sticker that is not available to be had anywhere, but the minimum purchase amount made the price too high.

As a hobby, my wife and I have been experimenting with our high end printer cutter. This is the same machine sign shops us to make banners, car wraps, stickers, wall decals, etc.

I have decided to offer availability for other pinheads for small jobs (100 or less) even onesy twosy's. If you have an idea or an unobtanium part, I will help you bring it to life, but you will need the art work. I am just a printing service (just as any other sign shop). So you should be cognizant of copyrights etc if you opt to sell the product you reproduce.

Our quality is very good, and have references here on pinside. Speed is not a priority.......in case you missed it......I AM NOT FAST...... This is a hobby and done after work, I take my time and enjoy doing it. When I no longer enjoy making custom decals...I will stop.

I realize it takes some extra time to get a project going, and is hardly worth it (as a business) to spend an hour for a $5 decal, but for pinheads I am willing to have some fun with it......at least for now. Finishing up a job, and will be able to take on another project.

image.jpg

Many of these items were printed for other folks, if you are interested in purchasing something pictured, I will send you to the appropriate person.

Greg
    Www.pinballpro.com

Disclaimer: We print the art you send…if it is incorrect, then it will print incorrect. Please be thorough and ask, dimensions, image quality of your art can be adjusted….if we are aware.

Your artwork is just that, your artwork. However to get a quote you will need to send it for me to accurately price.

#2 6 years ago

I'd like to get the epilepsy warning sticker that was on my original RFM apron (part no. 16-10985)

no one seems to stock it as a replacement part

#3 6 years ago

Very cool offer, I am sure I will need / want something sooner or later!

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I'd like to get the epilepsy warning sticker that was on my original RFM apron (part no. 16-10985)

I can't seem to find anything online. Can you get a a good quality well lit picture of it? Can PM for email, or it's just my user id at hotmail

If you don't have a sticker to get a pic, I am sure someone out there can

#6 6 years ago

This is way cool. Can you laminate over your decals?

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I'm in for one of those

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

This is way cool. Can you laminate over your decals?

Yes he can!

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phatchit:

I'm in for one of those

I just realized what you guys are looking for! I have an SWE1 sitting right here (duh).

image.jpg

#11 6 years ago

The original decal is misspelled..... "Consult you physician."

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

The original decal is misspelled..... "Consult you physician."

I'm just curious...how is the original misspelled? The one you attached is your corrected version?

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

I'm just curious...how is the original misspelled? The one you attached is your corrected version?

Oh, I see it...you instead of your. I was looking at physician. If you're looking to correct other mistakes, third line reads "then" instead of "them," and 3/4 of the way down, the "i" in "if" should be capitalized. Not sure if customers would want original with mistakes, or a corrected version.

#14 6 years ago

Thanks, Just starting to proof read the final print, I hadn't proofed at that point, just looking at layout and color swatch. Here is the test run to match color. Going to run it with another job shortly. I will be making those corrections including "you" to "your" and a better yellow. Thanks again for the help.
    image.jpg

#16 6 years ago

Hey what a nice thing to offer, I have a request.

The spinning wheel in the backbox on Cyclone has a decal that I cant find anywhere. I could really use one!

#17 6 years ago

Nice

#18 6 years ago

Cool. And I've seen pics of your work, as I am one of many who ordered the NGG sticker sheet and Instruction Sheets on another thread. Great offer and a real plus for the hobby. There are some really creative people here that don't have the means to actually produce art. With this outlet, I'm expecting to see some cool stuff in the future!

Thanks for the offer to the forum.

#19 6 years ago

Thanks guys for the kind words. Hope to keep the printer busy!

2 weeks later
    #20 6 years ago

Big thanks to ovfdfireman! I placed an order for some promotional decals to include with the orders I ship. They look great! Great price and quick delivery!

Sparky Pinball Decals 1.JPG

Sparky Pinball Decals.JPG

#21 6 years ago

I know I have a IPB TAF playfield that's missing the Bar code by the apron. Is that something doable?

#22 6 years ago

Could you do cab art? Like TS or DM?

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

I know I have a IPB TAF playfield that's missing the Bar code by the apron. Is that something doable?

dmacy:
    brian from HSA has those stickers and provides it as a service when getting a playfield clear coated. I don't believe that you can just apply the sticker to the playfield (on most machines it's located in a ball path, so it would get chewed up over time)

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

dmacy:
    brian from HSA has those stickers and provides it as a service when getting a playfield clear coated. I don't believe that you can just apply the sticker to the playfield (on most machines it's located in a ball path, so it would get chewed up over time)

Nice that he does that. Yeah, I kinda figured that was the case but since it's return from an outlane I figured it would be worth a try and should hold up longer than say a middle of playfield overlay. Just looks really barren there!

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

Nice that he does that. Yeah, I kinda figured that was the case but since it's return from an outlane I figured it would be worth a try and should hold up longer than say a middle of playfield overlay. Just looks really barren there!

I've had him add the stickers to the last 2 playfields that he's clear coated for me. and yes, you're right. without it, that section just doesn't look correct.

the only caveat is that the serial no. stickers that brian has repeat every 40 stickers, so you don't get anything that is unique and there's no way to get one that matches what the serial no. was on your original playfield (unless you have ovfdfireman knock you out one).

ovfdfireman:
    the barcode is a standard code 39 type. I can get you the particulars if you need them.

#26 6 years ago

Sure, not sure how to do a barcode, but could give it a whirl!

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Big thanks to ovfdfireman! I placed an order for some promotional decals to include with the orders I ship. They look great! Great price and quick delivery!

Sparky Pinball Decals.JPG 54 KB

Sparky Pinball Decals 1.JPG 136 KB

Thanks Sparky!

3 weeks later
    #28 6 years ago

thanks for making my decal.
    izzy
    // Error: Image 292858 not found //

#29 6 years ago

photo for above
    full house reprp plastic-618.JPG

#30 6 years ago

What about a full shop out set including the sticker on the transformer, bottom front of cabinet, series number sticker etc.? I know the restores source them but I have a game that needs some sprucing but not restoring.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from izzy:

thanks for making my decal.
    izzy

You are welcome! Looks great!

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

What about a full shop out set including the sticker on the transformer, bottom front of cabinet, series number sticker etc.? I know the restores source them but I have a game that needs some sprucing but not restoring.

Flashinstinct did some of these (he has them available), but not sure about transformer sticker, or number on the front. I am curious which ones, could you get me a pic?

4 weeks later
    #33 6 years ago

Some new stuff

WOZ target stickers
    image-494.jpgimage-735.jpg

Been play with this one a bit, need to tweak the text
    image-554.jpg

#34 6 years ago

What you are doing is one of the kindest and nicest things I've seen on Pinside! I know folks will really appreciate it!

Mike in Kentucky

#35 6 years ago

This is great! There are some Hyperball decals I can't find ANYWHERE that I need.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Sure, not sure how to do a barcode, but could give it a whirl!

Let me know what you may need to do this? Picture of the bar code?

I also noticed that there's no drop target stickers for Bad Cats anywhere or the fish bowl ramp sticker.

#38 6 years ago

hmmm ,, how about some Iron Man target decals

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

Let me know what you may need to do this? Picture of the bar code?
    I also noticed that there's no drop target stickers for Bad Cats anywhere or the fish bowl ramp sticker.

Those drop target decals are exactly what I'll need once my playfield gets back and restoration starts.

#40 6 years ago

Key to anything is finding art or a scan, in most cases someone has artwork some where. You can always put the word out by posting in the forum.

Hey BR, are you talking something different than the originals on Ironman? Ideas?

Also we have to be respectful of items that are licensed, contact me to find out specifics on your project. Custom art, letters, colored boxes, standard warnings etc are typically not an issue. But we should talk case by case.

#41 6 years ago

ovfdfireman,

I have a barcode program that I use for work every day. I can create a Code 39 bar code for you in no time and send it in vector form, too. Just tell me what the specific numbers are and I'll send you whatever you need.

#42 6 years ago

This is the UPC:

DSCN1826.JPG

#43 6 years ago

153960 is what it shows. Assuming that's at least one of the PF manuf's ID's for TAF PF's.

#44 6 years ago

What are the dimensions on that box? I'm at work right now so I can't just go look at mine.

#45 6 years ago

1 7/8" X 5/8". These are the ID of the black box on the new PF. I gave away my old PF above. So assume the sticker should cover that box an 1/8" larger. Thank you!

#46 6 years ago

Here. Print this out at 100% scale and let me know how the proportions are and if the font is right. Or, just send me a straight on picture of your bar code and I can do it that way, too. Either way, this should be pretty close....

The pink outline is just for reference for the outer edge.

#47 6 years ago

This works great (the pink line will print) do you have the true format you made it in? Eps, AI, etc?

#48 6 years ago

Unfortunately I don’t have my original playfield anymore so I can’t get a picture of it. Hoping someone here can share a picture of theirs.

#49 6 years ago

ovfdfireman:

Soooo, if I sent you the graphics for a inside cab side art sticker - could you do that? What would be cost.......thanks!!

-Nate

#50 6 years ago

I'm looking for a Cactus Canyon decal for the coin door. Can't find it anywhere, but see it on games like the one on Ebay for $11,900. Anyone have printable pic?

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside