(Topic ID: 175285)

Custom Background Music: WAV Trigger

By bimm25i

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwebster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Stubs24:

Hey bimm25i
    Curious if you ever went anywhere with this. I keep meaning to pick up an older cab, but I hate the fact that some other older machines either have no music, or the dreaded pulsating heartbeat. If there is the off chance that I could add music I think I would. Just wondering if you ended up getting something running or not.

I know of a few people who have done it (including myself). Its a fair amount of work but worth it in the end. You need to add switches, source sound clips, add a an amp and speakers. Here's my restoration on Nugent- added sound part at the 3 minute mark

1 year later
    #6 3 years ago
    Quoted from SeaLawyer:

It's actually not that difficult to do, depending on the game, using Pinball Techology's NB2 board. Product manual here. It's not cheap, but it replaces both the CPU board and the sound board.
    Chuckwebster, love the music added to Nugent! It's a VAST improvement! Now you need to ditch the other silly electronic sounds too. As simple as swapping out .wav files on the NB2. No need for new switches. What kind of amp/speakers did you use?
    I'm in the process of doing this on a HGOT and will be starting soon on a FG.

This board looks awesome. If it works as described I'd definitely consider using this is in a few of my games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwebster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-background-music-wav-trigger?tu=chuckwebster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.