(Topic ID: 249521)

Custom Apron Cards - (Printable Versions Only)

By Coindropper

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,688 posts
  • 343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 693 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jaws.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
INSTRUCTIONS (resized).jpg
Fathom Best 2 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7998998_0 (resized).png
S&S INS. (resized).png
S&S ART (resized).png
C42A7162-9861-468E-A3AB-C2F39A1E90B0 (resized).jpg
79D2C81D-8234-4244-8D56-AC9D5D3BE4AA (resized).jpg
bbq10 (resized).jpg
IMG_6586 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6587 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6591 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6590 (resized).jpeg
skateball credits sunset colors (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Table of Contents - List of currently posted cards Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #4 Stern Jurassic Park Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #35 Deadpool, munsters, ghostbusters, stern Jurassic park, Iron Maiden Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #196 Bad Cats cards Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #550 Williams Diner Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #565 Stern POTC Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #568 Sega Twister Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #570 Spanish Eyes Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #571 Torpedo Alley Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Post #574 Deadpool Posted by Coindropper (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakine747.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1532 1 year ago

Played around with photoshop yesterday, and came up with a set for my Paragon. The instruction card is a tweak on an already existing one, but the information card is my original. I'm getting the hang of it. LOL

Screenshot 2023-03-26 174115 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-03-26 174115 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-03-26 174229 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-03-26 174229 (resized).jpg
8 months later
#1635 3 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

On a similar note but not quite as egregious, you don't need to shoehorn the manufacturer logos in the design somewhere just to have them. It's not like you don't know what brand the pin is if you can't see it on the apron cards somewhere. Again, forcing various sizes of the logo in the design often takes away from the overall look/presentation of the art. Seriously, what benefit is there (artistically, informationally, or otherwise) to seeing a Stern, Sega, Bally, Williams, etc. logo on an apron card

I add a small Bally logo on ALL of mine, for the same reason I include the name of the machine (that coincidentally, is plastered all over the backglass). I think it makes the result look a bit more professional, rather than just a computer class art project. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, IMO. When my boss sends out company memos, it’s on letterhead which very prominently features the company logo. I have a feeling if somebody suggested he stop doing this, since we all know what company he works for, I don’t think it’d go over well. LOL

I’ve done all my machines, mostly freehand, in colors that compliment the art and/or colors on the game. Here’s a few:

IMG_6586 (resized).jpegIMG_6586 (resized).jpegIMG_6587 (resized).jpegIMG_6587 (resized).jpegIMG_6588 (resized).jpegIMG_6588 (resized).jpegIMG_6590 (resized).jpegIMG_6590 (resized).jpegIMG_6591 (resized).jpegIMG_6591 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1667 62 days ago

Just finished a couple for my newly acquired Strikes and Spares. Includes my serial number, but anybody adept at photoshop can change it.

S&S ART (resized).pngS&S ART (resized).pngS&S INS. (resized).pngS&S INS. (resized).png
#1672 59 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

A lot of the people here cant even figure out how to print them the correct size.
Knowing Photoshop is a big reach...
It might be more helpful to make one without the serial number on it for non photo editors.

Pinside_forum_7998998_0 (resized).pngPinside_forum_7998998_0 (resized).png

A year ago I didn't either. I just started playing around with Microsoft Paint and Microsoft Word, and I began to find the more I messed around the more I learned. And the more I learned, the better I got. It's not all that different from anything else really.

#1673 59 days ago

Finished up on some new Fathom cards tonight. I omitted my serial number if anybody wants to print them.

Fathom Best 2 (resized).jpgFathom Best 2 (resized).jpgINSTRUCTIONS (resized).jpgINSTRUCTIONS (resized).jpg
#1683 57 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

There are FEW photoshop videos that are helpful as they are always taken down by Adobe.

Okay I hafta mention how I did some of these. I don’t use Adobe Photoshop. For this S&S, I took a photo of the backglass using my iPhone 15. These new iPhones have a cut-out feature where you can isolate the primary subject in an image, and either paste it somewhere, or save it as a new image. When saved, it’s basically freeform rather than a rectangular photo. I created a new document in Word, filled it with the orange, and imported the figure of the girl onto the image. If you notice her left foot is darker than her right foot, it’s because there are no bulbs in that area of the backglass to illuminate her left foot! Basically did the exact same thing with the “Strikes and Spares” letterhead, and imported that into the Word document. Basically, the rest is just created using text boxes in the word document. Scrolled through a lot of the fonts I liked and picked one. Then I imported that entire image into the Paint program on my laptop, and added the outlines on the perimeter. Saving it as a word document allows you to come back to it at a later time and play around until you produce something that you like. Like I said, there’s a little bit of a learning curve, but basically the more you use it the better you get.

IMG_1495 (resized).jpegIMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 3.00
Hardware
20eyes
Hardware
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakine747.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only?tu=dakine747 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.