(Topic ID: 249521)

Custom Apron Cards - (Printable Versions Only)

By Coindropper

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,689 posts
  • 343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by bigfoot53
  • Topic is favorited by 693 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

amusment (resized).png
instructions (resized).png
3ball fp (resized).png
5 ball fp (resized).png
instruction 2 (resized).png
Jaws.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
INSTRUCTIONS (resized).jpg
Fathom Best 2 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7998998_0 (resized).png
S&S INS. (resized).png
S&S ART (resized).png
C42A7162-9861-468E-A3AB-C2F39A1E90B0 (resized).jpg
79D2C81D-8234-4244-8D56-AC9D5D3BE4AA (resized).jpg
bbq10 (resized).jpg
IMG_6586 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,689 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 34.
#1201 2 years ago
KIMG0711 (resized).JPGKIMG0711 (resized).JPGKIMG0712 (resized).JPGKIMG0712 (resized).JPGKIMG0713 (resized).JPGKIMG0713 (resized).JPG
#1202 2 years ago

These are AWESOME!! Just one question. How do you print them to be the correct size? I keep trying but the sizing is wrong... Also what's the best way to download the images to get the highest quality? Thanks!!

#1203 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyGee:

These are AWESOME!! Just one question. How do you print them to be the correct size? I keep trying but the sizing is wrong... Also what's the best way to download the images to get the highest quality? Thanks!!

Get the dimension from incochnito's site.

Make it happen in any word or photo processor program.

#1204 2 years ago

Or read the first post?

#1205 2 years ago
Quoted from bigfoot53:

VIKING.[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey bud, these are awesome! But they’re low quality, do you have the originals to upload?

2 weeks later
#1206 2 years ago
Quoted from Carny_Priest:

As mentioned the batch script is here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vlqxqy7ieu3qcmr/ConvertPrintSize.ahk?dl=0
This does require Windows.
It uses AutoHotkey, a Windows scripting language. You will need to install it. It is open source and free.
https://www.autohotkey.com/
Image processing requires ImageMagick. Again, it is open source and free. I typically use a portable distribution.
https://imagemagick.org/
The script assumes that you simply unzip the contents of the portable distribution to a folder C:\imagemagick. If you want to use a different folder, you can change the path in line 13 in the script. You can certainly use the installer version of ImageMagick and I'm thinking that you can simply delete out "%ImageMagick_Path%\" from line 67 in the script. The script is just text and you can edit using Notepad.
I've organized the card images by table. Typically, I would copy the script to a folder with a table's images. I would use the Command Prompt. Navigate to the folder and type
ConvertPrintSize.ahk followed by the table manufacturer
Ex. "CovertPrintSize.ahk Stern"
Allowable manufacturers are
AlvinG
Bally
DataEast
Sega
Stern
Williams
As the template for Gottlieb is already correctly sized you will get a message
Anything else, misspellings, or no manufacturer will give you a message
The program will create an "out" folder within the same folder as the script. It loop through and for each image, save converted images to the out folder with the same name. No changes are made to the original image.
You may not want to deal with a command prompt. If not, you can open the script in Notepad and in line 18 change %1% to the manufacturer for the table whose images you want to convert. That should work. Run it from Windows Explorer (i.e., double click ConvertPrintSize.ahk).
Hope this helps.

So if I understand this correctly, what he is trying to say is:

如前所述,批處理腳本在這裡:
這確實需要 Windows。
它使用 AutoHotkey,一種 Windows 腳本語言。您將需要安裝它。它是開源和免費的。
圖像處理需要 ImageMagick。同樣,它是開源且免費的。我通常使用便攜式發行版。
該腳本假定您只是將便攜式發行版的內容解壓縮到文件夾 C:\imagemagick。如果要使用不同的文件夾,可以更改腳本第 13 行中的路徑。您當然可以使用 ImageMagick 的安裝程序版本,我認為您可以簡單地從腳本的第 67 行中刪除“%ImageMagick_Path%\”。該腳本只是文本,您可以使用記事本進行編輯。
我已經按表格組織了卡片圖像。通常,我會將腳本複製到包含表格圖像的文件夾中。我會使用命令提示符。導航到文件夾並鍵入
ConvertPrintSize.ahk 後跟表製造商
前任。 "CovertPrintSize.ahk 斯特恩"
允許的製造商是
阿爾文
巴利
數據東方
世嘉
斯特恩
威廉姆斯
由於 Gottlieb 的模板大小已經正確,您將收到一條消息
其他任何內容、拼寫錯誤或沒有製造商會給您消息
該程序將在與腳本相同的文件夾中創建一個“out”文件夾。它循環遍歷每個圖像,將轉換後的圖像保存到具有相同名稱的輸出文件夾中。不會對原始圖像進行任何更改。
您可能不想處理命令提示符。如果沒有,您可以在記事本中打開腳本,然後在第 18 行將 %1% 更改為要轉換其圖像的表的製造商。那應該工作。從 Windows 資源管理器運行它(即雙擊 ConvertPrintSize.ahk)。
希望這可以幫助

#1207 2 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

So if I understand this correctly, what he is trying to say is:
如前所述,批處理腳本在這裡:
這確實需要 Windows。
它使用 AutoHotkey,一種 Windows 腳本語言。您將需要安裝它。它是開源和免費的。
圖像處理需要 ImageMagick。同樣,它是開源且免費的。我通常使用便攜式發行版。
該腳本假定您只是將便攜式發行版的內容解壓縮到文件夾 C:\imagemagick。如果要使用不同的文件夾,可以更改腳本第 13 行中的路徑。您當然可以使用 ImageMagick 的安裝程序版本,我認為您可以簡單地從腳本的第 67 行中刪除“%ImageMagick_Path%\”。該腳本只是文本,您可以使用記事本進行編輯。
我已經按表格組織了卡片圖像。通常,我會將腳本複製到包含表格圖像的文件夾中。我會使用命令提示符。導航到文件夾並鍵入
ConvertPrintSize.ahk 後跟表製造商
前任。 "CovertPrintSize.ahk 斯特恩"
允許的製造商是
阿爾文
巴利
數據東方
世嘉
斯特恩
威廉姆斯
由於 Gottlieb 的模板大小已經正確,您將收到一條消息
其他任何內容、拼寫錯誤或沒有製造商會給您消息
該程序將在與腳本相同的文件夾中創建一個“out”文件夾。它循環遍歷每個圖像,將轉換後的圖像保存到具有相同名稱的輸出文件夾中。不會對原始圖像進行任何更改。
您可能不想處理命令提示符。如果沒有,您可以在記事本中打開腳本,然後在第 18 行將 %1% 更改為要轉換其圖像的表的製造商。那應該工作。從 Windows 資源管理器運行它(即雙擊 ConvertPrintSize.ahk)。
希望這可以幫助

In other words. there is no way i am figuring this out without someone explaining what to do in a step by step format as if they were speaking to a 6 year old.

#1208 2 years ago

OK,
Aliens by Pinball Brothers are arriving as we speak. The apron cards need a serious update. If you could be so kind!!

#1209 2 years ago

^^^^^Indeed. Please put some more Aliens on our Alien. Thanks!

#1210 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

^^^^^Indeed. Please put some more Aliens on our Alien. Thanks!

Yep !

#1211 2 years ago

Is there a specific reason people (apron card creators) dont just create PDF's or images containing the 2 apron cards, to print out directly without any scaling or image fiddling necessary? It seems it would be a far easier choice for the users when printing.

I know this is done on other sites offering apron cards.

Please dont get me wrong, i think the time and effort put into this by Coindropper and others is AWESOME. I Was truly just wondering about the printing / scaling issues a lot of people seem to have...

#1212 2 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Is there a specific reason people (apron card creators) dont just create PDF's or images containing the 2 apron cards, to print out directly without any scaling or image fiddling necessary? It seems it would be a far easier choice for the users when printing.
Please dont get me wrong, i think the time and effort put into this by Coindropper and others is AWESOME. I Was truly just wondering about the printing / scaling issues a lot of people seem to have...

Good question. I have given up attempting these until I can find a 1, 2, 3 approach.

#1213 2 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Apart from the fact that many don't even create the cards in the proper dimensions to start with, there are also potential issues with PDF files. Most people don't understand proper compression settings (i.e. disabling them, etc.) when creating high quality files. Also, many people will still screw up the printing by having "Fit" or "Shrink Oversized Pages" set in their PDF printer dialog. Then there's the issue with print media if using smaller photo paper. How does the average user figure out how to print a letter sized page with two images on two different 4x6 or 5x7 pieces of photo paper?

Bottom line, is if you want freebies, it's going to take a little work for users to print them. Of course, you could always have me make them for you - perfect size and quality every time. Shameless plug for my cards at http://aproncards.com, and I will also produce cards from any available designs for buyers.

#1214 2 years ago

Paging Mr. Coindropper: We need some of your sweet cards for Stern Mandalorian asap. Need both Pro/Premium with orange accents, and a set of LE cards with Beskar gray accents(boarder?)

Thanks in advance

#1215 2 years ago

Would love to see one for a 1972 Gottlieb Grand Slam. I have one with the original cards. Looks great, but after painting the cab and cleaning everything up...they look out of place.

#1216 2 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Good question. I have given up attempting these until I can find a 1, 2, 3 approach.

I went to a local print shop and they figured it out. Eventually.

#1217 2 years ago

I'm fucking hopeless and i figured it out.

#1218 2 years ago

The Mandalorian

Slide1.JPGSlide1.JPGSlide10.JPGSlide10.JPGSlide11.JPGSlide11.JPGSlide12.JPGSlide12.JPGSlide13.JPGSlide13.JPGSlide14.JPGSlide14.JPGSlide15.JPGSlide15.JPGSlide2.JPGSlide2.JPGSlide3.JPGSlide3.JPGSlide4.JPGSlide4.JPGSlide5.JPGSlide5.JPGSlide6.JPGSlide6.JPGSlide7.JPGSlide7.JPGSlide8.JPGSlide8.JPGSlide9.JPGSlide9.JPG
#1219 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

The Mandalorian
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

AMAZING!

#1220 2 years ago

Well Done Sir!

Coindropper is da man!
Well done (resized).pngWell done (resized).png

#1221 2 years ago

What happened to your Hoff?

hasselhoff (resized).jpghasselhoff (resized).jpg

#1222 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

What happened to your Hoff?

The Gif was not working right-tried to get the Hoff in there!

#1223 2 years ago

Captures (resized).PNGCaptures (resized).PNG

You have to add the gif using this drop box. Just select gif full sized.

#1224 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Just select gif full sized.

The Hoff is in da house!

The Hoff approves!

Hassel Hoff Well Done Sir.gifHassel Hoff Well Done Sir.gif

2 weeks later
#1225 2 years ago

I just picked up a Robo War this past weekend, Anyone have a cool apron design to share?

#1226 2 years ago

I love these cards, but also have not ever been able to print any at the correct size.

It’s a bummer, but I just moved on.

#1227 2 years ago
Quoted from Carny_Priest:

As mentioned the batch script is here:
This does require Windows.
It uses AutoHotkey, a Windows scripting language. You will need to install it. It is open source and free.
Image processing requires ImageMagick. Again, it is open source and free. I typically use a portable distribution.
The script assumes that you simply unzip the contents of the portable distribution to a folder C:\imagemagick. If you want to use a different folder, you can change the path in line 13 in the script. You can certainly use the installer version of ImageMagick and I'm thinking that you can simply delete out "%ImageMagick_Path%\" from line 67 in the script. The script is just text and you can edit using Notepad.
I've organized the card images by table. Typically, I would copy the script to a folder with a table's images. I would use the Command Prompt. Navigate to the folder and type
ConvertPrintSize.ahk followed by the table manufacturer
Ex. "CovertPrintSize.ahk Stern"
Allowable manufacturers are
AlvinG
Bally
DataEast
Sega
Stern
Williams
As the template for Gottlieb is already correctly sized you will get a message
Anything else, misspellings, or no manufacturer will give you a message
The program will create an "out" folder within the same folder as the script. It loop through and for each image, save converted images to the out folder with the same name. No changes are made to the original image.
You may not want to deal with a command prompt. If not, you can open the script in Notepad and in line 18 change %1% to the manufacturer for the table whose images you want to convert. That should work. Run it from Windows Explorer (i.e., double click ConvertPrintSize.ahk).
Hope this helps.

So I ran this for a Stern and the out folder contains the image, but the same size as the original 4000 x 2250; I'm assuming that's not correct and something is not running correctly?

#1228 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I love these cards, but also have not ever been able to print any at the correct size.
It’s a bummer, but I just moved on.

When printing these kind of cards, I also struggled with sizing. The cutout in a Stern machine is made for a card which is 75mm x 140mm, or about 3-inches by 5.5-inches. Then there is the issue with printing itself. My inkjet color printers are never perfect in color gradation, and i doubt most people own a color laser printer.

So what I do is grab the card images I want and then I use POWERPOINT to setup an 8-1/2 inch x 11-inch page and I drop the images onto that page, making sure to size the card image to the 3x5.5 size discussed above. Powerpoint has a virtual ruler, so it's easy to pull and stretch whatever image you have to make it exactly 3x5.5 in size. The final step is to allow Powerpoint to SAVE AS JPG, which gives you a 8.5 x 11 inch JPG that has all the cards sized correctly, and I send it over to FEDEX/KINKOs to print in vivid color on the 'waterproof .7' specialty stock for about $2

Sounds complicated, but it's really not. The result is a perfectly printed page of cards (3 fit on a page), that I can pickup at my local KINKOs shop, in about an hour or two, and they have no minimum. I then manually cut the cards from the page, and Viola'. (Even simpler: Ask Mr_Tantrum to do all of this for you and he'll ship it to your house in a few days! It's not very expensive.)

If anyone wants to see a sample of the edittable GOTG page I just created in Powerpoint, let me know and I can share it.
GOTG-Cards-PDF.pdfGOTG-Cards-PDF.pdf

#1229 2 years ago

Good idea by Markharris2000 to use PP for those who don't have graphics software. However, you don't actually need to use the ruler if you past image into PowerPoint (or Word) if you want to print your own cards with accurate sizing.

In PowerPoint . . .
- Create a new presentation
- Click on "Design" on menu bar
- Click Slide Size on ribbon bar and select custom slide size
- Set width at 8" and height at 10.5" (to allow for print margin) and click OK button (if prompted select Ensure Fit)
- Import image and align to page then right click on it > Format Picture > Size & Properties > Size
- uncheck Lock aspect ration
- set dimensions as desired

Repeat process for as many cards as you want/will fit on a page. To add more cards, just add additional page(s) to PowerPoint.

Typical card sizes are as follows:

Stern | 5.5" x 2.875"
Bally | 5.5" x 3.25"
Williams | 6" x 3.25"
Data East | 5.5" x 3.0"
Gottlieb (large) | 6" x 4.25"
Gottlieb (small) | 6" x 2.3125"
Spooky | 6" x 3.25"

If you don't want to make your own or don't have the tools to do so, then you can always order from me as I'll make any cards (my design or someone else's). I use heavy OEM ultragloss photo paper, a six ink photo printer with OEM inks, and coat all of my cards with a clear gloss vinyl. You can see example cards here: http://aproncards.com

Added over 3 years ago:

BTW, these are the sizes for the vast majority of cards produced by these manufactures. However, there are also manufacturer oddballs for each. The first step before sizing your cards is to measure the OEM ones that came with the pin.

#1230 2 years ago

I take the stock apron card that came with the machine and a 300dpi image of what I want printed down to a commercial print shop. I tell them to print me a high quality card to the size of the stock card. They charge me like $3.50 USD and it takes them a few minutes. They use color laser printers of course.

#1231 2 years ago

My canon color laser does a very good job, and it wasn't expensive.

I use it to make tons of reproduction pinball stickers for my restorations, if i cant get them.

#1232 2 years ago

Thanks again Coindropper, The Mandalorian cards you made are so much better than the stock ones...

GEDC6611 (resized).JPGGEDC6611 (resized).JPGGEDC6612 (resized).JPGGEDC6612 (resized).JPGGEDC6613 (resized).JPGGEDC6613 (resized).JPG
#1233 2 years ago

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

#1234 2 years ago

Cool image. Make an apron card out of it please. Just need another one for Aliens for the other side maybe?

#1235 2 years ago

Mr_Tantrum and Markharris2000

Thank you both for your tips. I used Google Slides this morning and generated a good test set of AMH cards. It looks like Spooky used a different size for AMH. 6" x 3.25 seems to match on my TNA, but is too large for AMH. I'm going to search today for the right size.

I do actually have a color laser printer at home and can print to glossy card stock after I get it right.

#1236 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Mr_Tantrum and Markharris2000
Thank you both for your tips. I used Google Slides this morning and generated a good test set of AMH cards. It looks like Spooky used a different size for AMH. 6" x 3.25 seems to match on my TNA, but is too large for AMH. I'm going to search today for the right size.
I do actually have a color laser printer at home and can print to glossy card stock after I get it right.

Why not measure the ones in it? Save a search, we are running out of searches.

#1237 2 years ago

The original AMH had no cards. I can measure the apron and eyeball it.

#1238 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

The original AMH had no cards. I can measure the apron and eyeball it.

I didn't know. My Fathom mermaid will be the same when it comes, no cards.

#1239 2 years ago

Here are a few I threw together on a request for another user. I tried to use the manual he sent for the rules, but never heard back from him if these looked right since I have never seen or played the game.

ALIEN 1.JPGALIEN 1.JPGALIEN 2.JPGALIEN 2.JPGALIEN 10.JPGALIEN 10.JPGALIEN 11.JPGALIEN 11.JPGALIEN 5.JPGALIEN 5.JPGALIEN 3.JPGALIEN 3.JPGALIEN 4.JPGALIEN 4.JPGALIEN 7.JPGALIEN 7.JPGALIEN 6.JPGALIEN 6.JPGALIEN 8.JPGALIEN 8.JPGALIEN 9.JPGALIEN 9.JPG
#1240 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Here are a few I threw together on a request for another user. I tried to use the manual he sent for the rules, but never heard back from him if these looked right since I have never seen or played the game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful work!

#1241 2 years ago

Awesome!!!
Thank you so much! You're a prince!

#1242 2 years ago

if anyone has this mastered and wants to print a bunch of these and sell them to me hit me up on PM. I'm done screwing with it. It will end up being about 8 sets.

#1243 2 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

if anyone has this mastered and wants to print a bunch of these and sell them to me hit me up on PM. I'm done screwing with it. It will end up being about 8 sets.

Just measure the size you need, post the image in word, set the size to what you measured. Print

1 week later
#1244 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The Pinball Brothers 'Alien Remake' does not have an extra ball button. It just uses the Launch button in place of it.

#1245 2 years ago

Paging Mr. Coindropper...

Need some of Coindroppers custom cards for Gladiators and Barb Wire. (I also had the thought of having someone make an alternative Barb Wire translight using one of the comic versions and cards that may tie in?) If anyone has ideas or has done so?

#1246 2 years ago

Any cards for Bally Space Invaders?

1 week later
#1247 2 years ago

Not sure if I missed it, but are there any custom cards for Stern’s High Roller Casino?

Thanks,
Jason

#1248 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoeddy:

Not sure if I missed it, but are there any custom cards for Stern’s High Roller Casino?
Thanks,
Jason

First post has an index.

#1249 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

First post has an index.

Found em! Thanks!

Jason

#1250 2 years ago

Any Dirty Harry apron cards out there ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.99
$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

£ 38.00
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 1,689 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/25?hl=chewiec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.