• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0809small.jpg
IMG_0808small.jpg
NEW_ACDC.jpg

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Well I have alot of extra headroom in my garage so I went and made a custom topper for my AC/DC. It stands 9" vs 6.5" like my others. Its a Gibson SG that Angus uses. If anybody has the headroom like I do and wants one contact me. It is full multi color and the top edge cut off.

Joe

#3 11 years ago

Here is a Father's day deal for 8 people, that's because it's all the acrylic I have in this size.

It measures 24" x 9"
$125.00 + Shipping

Send me a contact through my website, when they are gone I will post back on this thread.

Thanks
Joe

#4 11 years ago

Your toppers are really nice. And cutting off the top like you've been doing is brilliant. Unfortunately, the last three I've bought, the screws won't thread into the base so the stand can't be properly attached. I've super glued each one but it keeps falling apart. Do you make the stands or is that part done by pb life?

#5 11 years ago

Looks nice. Any chance of a more blue-ish white colored version for BiB?

John

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Looks nice. Any chance of a more blue-ish white colored version for BiB?
John

I believe that these all come with a controllable rgb color bar. You can pick from fade to several colors in a slow change to a single color of your choice, including light blue.

#7 11 years ago

markmon - I have the stands made for me by a machine shop. Which toppers do you have? Due to the new style of toppers the milling of the bases is very tight, the holes on the bottom of the base should be threaded but it takes a little time to get that going sometimes because the thickness of the metal is so thin. Send me your info through PM and I will send as many feet and screws that you need to get these correct for you

PT- These controllers have 20 colors on them and the ability to make 6 of your own colors and save them. I will try a blue- ish white and post a pic in a few.

Joe

#8 11 years ago

This looks like the blueish - white you may be looking for, but remember leds photo funny.

// Error: Image 31805 not found // // Error: Image 31806 not found // // Error: Image 31807 not found //

#9 11 years ago

Thanks for the extra pictures and description. I didn't realize they were multi-color controllable.

John

#10 11 years ago

Awesome topper!! Looks great in red!!

#11 11 years ago

There is a change in the design I need to mention. The guitar will be facing the other direction and rotated so the whammy bar is on the bottom, the neck to the right and logo upper left.

thanks
Joe

#12 11 years ago

Awesome topper Joe well done I'm waiting for someone in Australia to come up with a nice design.

Peter

#13 11 years ago

Looks good Joe!

#14 11 years ago

Thanks for correcting the orientation of the guitar! I can't wait to get mine.

John

#15 11 years ago

I sent you another email with a request, thanks

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I sent you another email with a request, thanks

I've gotten alot of emails but not one from you I don't think.

#17 11 years ago

3 left

#18 11 years ago

that 's a great topper!

#19 11 years ago

Thank you very much. There are only 2 left now.

#20 11 years ago

Pm sent

#21 11 years ago

1 left

#22 11 years ago

Looks Amazing. Especially with color changer. Very nice work.

#23 11 years ago

pm sent.
I only have 9 1/4" of height to my ceiling. It will be tight but if it is not taller with the stand then it will work.
I know you said to contact you through your web site but I can't find a link anywhere for it.

#24 11 years ago

Arcade- message sent.

They are all gone. Thank you to all that ordered one. I will be shipping these out next week.

#25 11 years ago

Thanks for letting me know it would fit.
I am very much looking forward to this spectacular looking topper.
Looks like you have outdone yourself.

#26 11 years ago

Look forward to the Toppers !

Thanks

Jim

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Look forward to the Toppers !
Thanks
Jim

did you get one,Jim? (thought of you when I first saw it)

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

did you get one,Jim? (thought of you when I first saw it)

Heck yes!

Jim

#29 11 years ago

Due to the response I received I will get more of this sized acrylic in a week or so. If you want one let me know, I have minimum quantity I have to order to keep my pricing where it is.

Joe

#30 11 years ago

I am still thinking about getting an AC/DC if I do might have to get one very cool :p

#31 11 years ago

PM send!

#32 11 years ago

Do they plug into game or a wall socket please buy the way they look great.

Peter

#33 11 years ago

They are plug and play into your pinball machine. I do make them with a wall wart if desired.

Joe

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

They are plug and play into your pinball machine. I do make them with a wall wart if desired.
Joe

Thanks Joe also postage to Australia probably alot I would think? and do they screw into the tournament holes that are already there?

Peter

#35 11 years ago

No.. these have velcro strips that go over the feet and stick to the machine.

#36 11 years ago

Here is the new pic

NEW_ACDC.jpgNEW_ACDC.jpg

#37 11 years ago

Looks perfect now. Can't wait to get mine!

John

#38 11 years ago

Agreed. This topper is going to look amazing when installed.
Really looking forward to it.

#39 11 years ago

moving to marketplace

I don't have an AC/DC but that looks great.

#40 11 years ago

All toppers for the first run have shipped out. I am going to start running X-Men tomorrow. The acrylic for the second run should be ready for pick up next Tuesday and I'll start running them. If you want a X-Men, nows the time, second run won't be for a couple of weeks.

Thank you to all who ordered, I do truly appreciate it.

Joe

#41 11 years ago

Got mine installed today but had some problems.
First the screw to attach the left foot would not bite into the screw hole. Had to drill the hole out a bit deeper so it would stick out far enough to grab hold. (Still not quite as tight as I would like).
Also the velcro strips will not stand up to my machine nudging, So I drilled new holes on the outer edges of the feet to screw them in place. Much sturdier now.
But all that aside, the topper looks and works great and I am glad to have it.
Here is a pic of the topper and a pic of the new screw hole on the left foot.

IMG_0808small.jpgIMG_0808small.jpg IMG_0809small.jpgIMG_0809small.jpg

#42 11 years ago

It works with the screw provided. The legs should be perpendicular though.

#43 11 years ago

Only the screw on the right foot would screw in on mine. The other screw was to short to make it through the foot and into the hole.
It is still not very tight because it does not stick out far enough.
I should have thought to turn the feet the other way but with the screws it is very secure now.

#44 11 years ago

They look great don't they? I really like mine.

#45 11 years ago

Yes. It is very well made, and it looks awesome on my cabinet.
The remote control gives you so many options for colors and patterns.
I am very happy with mine.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Got mine installed today but had some problems.
First the screw to attach the left foot would not bite into the screw hole. Had to drill the hole out a bit deeper so it would stick out far enough to grab hold. (Still not quite as tight as I would like).
Also the velcro strips will not stand up to my machine nudging, So I drilled new holes on the outer edges of the feet to screw them in place. Much sturdier now.
But all that aside, the topper looks and works great and I am glad to have it.
Here is a pic of the topper and a pic of the new screw hole on the left foot.

Stupid question but did you insert the screws on the countersunk side. I had a customer install it the other way and they don't reach the channel. What you should do if they are correct is countersink the leg a little more. The channel is very thin due to the size, and there is only 2 threads to grab it. I am sorry this happened to you and if you need me to send out more of anything you just let me know.

Joe

#47 11 years ago

Thanks joe. PM sent.
I am very happy with the topper. Very well made.
Still hitting myself on the head for not putting the feet perpendicular to the topper.
Yes I used the counter sunk portion for the screw. One side fit great, but the other just would not grab hold.

#48 11 years ago

Again well done on an awesome topper.

Peter

1 week later
#49 11 years ago

The second run will be shipping out Thursday, so if you are on the list you will be getting a email from me very soon. I have also went an extra step in re- tapping all feet holes. It looks like to much powder coating is getting into the holes even though we have a procedure to prevent this, it isn't perfect apparently. If anybody still would like one I have 10 extra not accounted for, I will not be running this again once this shipment runs out.

Also we will be starting to give choices on the size of the topper you want. The standard 6.5" or 9" like the guitar. This will allow for better art to be produced with the extra space available to Jay.

6.5" toppers will be $ 140.00
9" toppers will be $ 150.00

Joe

#50 11 years ago

Are these the same as the original ? A little confided with the different sizes , proce change and all original was 9" right? Also these plug into a spare connector in the backbox?

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-acdc-topper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.