(Topic ID: 58330)

Custom AC/DC Jukebox Song List ready to ship.

By Arcade

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Psw757
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

acdc_mockup.png
ac_dc_luci_girl.jpg
image.jpg
image-609.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_1668small.jpg
IMG_1646small.jpg
juke_box_hero_015.JPG
IMG_1614.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Finally got our first prototype done.
Turns out the Jukebox is an actual pinball plastic that is screen printed on the reverse. Not just a piece of paper or plastic behind a protector.
But my brother and I are working out a cheap process to have these done on a sturdy plastic that can replace the old menu easily.
Also, Stern in there infinite wisdom, decided to cut the holes for the LED's the exact size as the song title. So anyone wanting to replace TNT would have some dremeling or routing to do.
All that aside here is a photo of what we have now of the three new songs we have on our machine.
We will be able to do custom cards soon for everyone running a new BIN file.

IMG_1614.JPGIMG_1614.JPG

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I'll swap you a Juke box mod for a BIN file and mod back glass.

Easily done.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

As with most AC/DC mods, take my money

lol.
I'll let everyone know when I can have them ready. Probably next week sometime.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Looks awesome!
Some points:
It's spelled "rhythm" (which is one of those words i frequently misspell, too).
If you can come up with a way of making your own plastic that allows someone to put in a REAL paper jukebox card with lettering so songs could change whenever you want it to, and also reengineer a led panel with the cuts open the entire line length (so the whole line light up as in real jukeboxes).
Also, I think you should make your own ACDC title screen on your ROM (which we use and love... Thanx), that has the word "BOOTLEG" prominently slapped across the title logo.

I guess my brother was quick to get a test copy printed. oops.
Rhythm will be corrected, and thanks for pointing that out. lol.
Glad we did not type it wrong in the BIN file for the DMD.
The panel unfortunately can not be changed to have the cuts open all the way because they are cut out into the entire back panel section. Someone would have to do that to their own machine and really only TNT is the problem. It is probably not a song that anyone would to remove anyway as it has a lot of interaction on the playfield.
As far as putting Bootleg on the title screen, I have no problem with that if it is ever wanted or needed. However I only know how to do sounds and music. Maybe it is something oga83 could add to the program if enough people think it is wanted.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Passing that rom around is just asking for trouble

This thread is about Plastics not trading ROMs.
Besides people paid for their pinball machine and their music. They are not going on location like this. Just for the owners to enjoy what they paid for.
I have tricked out my cars with private computer updates and mods and have not seen Ford or Volkswagen at my door.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Leon,
I'd love to pick one of these up from you at Jared's this weekend.
I would prefer mine to have Who Made Who, Dirty Deeds and Shoot to Thrill.
Would need Who made who in place of Girls Got Rhythm as that's the software revision I'm running.
I'd be happy to pay for one from ya.
Let me know.
Craig

Craig. I can certainly get you a Who Made Who version no problem. I am doing one for someone else anyway. Not sure I can have it by Friday when I leave for Dallas, but I will get you one anyway.
We will let everyone know the price and when these are ready sometime next week by posting in this thread and sending PM's. Thanks for all the interest.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

It looks pretty cool. Quick question...the "Hell" songs interact with the lower playfield. Will songs that replace those also allow this? Are the actual jukebox locations the determining factor? Also, are Steve's callouts still present in new songs?

Yes. Hell still works as normal. Steve's call outs are all there as well.
Only the song playing is changed.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from redmamanora:

What has to be done to the game to allow the changing of the songs being played?

You need to find the thread with oga83's program in it.
It is a simple Bin file editor that allows us to import our own music, sounds, and DMD animations.
Takes a bit of learning to use.

1 week later
#32 10 years ago

OK guys, fresh back from the printers and ready to ship.
Price is $29 shipped. Just PM me if you are interested.
I can do custom ones as well for people who have done their own song changes.
I have already done a couple of them with Who Made Who in place of War Machine that I hand delivered.
These are done on a sturdy plastic. Not as thick as the original, but you really can't tell the difference once installed.
To get these screen printed on plastic as thick as Stern used would be cost prohibitive.
All you need to do to change these out is remove the two screws on the back side of the rear panel that hold the plastic cover on the front in place. It will just pull right off.
Then just remove the 9 little phillips screws holding the plastic in place and swap out the cards.
I will PM everyone that has already expressed interest in this.
This particular card replaces.
War Machine with Girls Got Rhythm
Let there be Rock with Shoot to Thrill
Hell ain't a bad place to be with Dirty Deeds

IMG_1646small.jpgIMG_1646small.jpg IMG_1668small.jpgIMG_1668small.jpg

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

Could you print other band names on the Jukebox? I have a goal to remove every single ACDC song. The songs I will be replacing them with, will not all be from the same band.

yes but a few songs like TNT that have short titles may not light up all the way. Stern only cut out slots in the backboard the actual size of the song title. And on top of that the use a LED PCB board to light them up, so you really have no way to add more light.

#42 10 years ago

Thanks for all the support and enthusiasm on this project everybody.
Everyone who had paid for a standard plastic will have it in the mail on Monday.
All the custom plastics will take a bit longer till my printer gets more of the plastic in stock next week. It is cool to see what some of you have done with oga83's mod program.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How in the heck do you change the songs on the playlist? Who Made Who sounded great. Do you have to choose songs that have close to the same length? Can this be done on a pro?

It is done with this marvelous program by oga83.
The thread is very long read, but being able to edit the bin files is some amazing stuff.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images
And yes this can be done on a pro and the songs must be the same length or edited to the same length as the originals.

#54 10 years ago

Thanks. Just let me know what songs you need and I will get it printed up.

5 months later
#58 10 years ago

True, you can make these as cheaply as you want.
However we are now using the water transfer paper with reverse printing so we can have the printing on the back side of the plastic along with the solid white backside. The result looks just like the actual Stern plastic.
On my last batch we were relying on our printing company who does a great job but sometimes can be trying to work with.
Now we can do single plastics at the drop of a hat with little to no wait time.
Of course if you have the time to do it all yourself, by all means go ahead. Sounds great.

5 months later
#60 9 years ago

Yes. We now do them with waterslide decals so I can get them done to order instead of having to wait for enough people to order them in batches.
Just send me a PM and I can help you out.

2 weeks later
#63 9 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

ah, it was glued...but it came off

Glad you got it off. Mine was stuck to the black paint that Stern uses as well.
And yes, when I send you a new plastic, it is an entire replacement plastic with new text.
So if you ever go back to standard songs you can just put the original back in place.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Can someone help me put the songs together. ? A special pinball gift for a reward for helping a brother out...

What are you looking for exactly.
Shoot me a PM and I'll let you know what can be done.
Leon.

1 year later
#72 8 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Sorry for digging up an old thread!
I decided to hunt down a Back in Black LE and am wondering what needs to be done to change a few songs and do the jukebox mod? I don't want to mess up the flow of game by changing 2-3 songs.
Songs I would like to add are
Who made who
Shoot to Thrill
Songs that would be replaced
let there be rock
Whole lot of rosie
Thanks for the help and info!

I will be happy to help.
Are you wanting to do this yourself?

If so the two tracks you need to change out from inside Pinball Browser are:
306: Let there be Rock
311: Whole Lotta Rosie

Send me a PM if you need help or just want me to whip the file up for you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 29.95
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-acdc-jukebox-hell-yes?tu=arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.