(Topic ID: 58330)

Custom AC/DC Jukebox Song List ready to ship.

By Arcade

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Psw757
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

acdc_mockup.png
ac_dc_luci_girl.jpg
image.jpg
image-609.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_1668small.jpg
IMG_1646small.jpg
juke_box_hero_015.JPG
IMG_1614.JPG
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Finally got our first prototype done.
Turns out the Jukebox is an actual pinball plastic that is screen printed on the reverse. Not just a piece of paper or plastic behind a protector.
But my brother and I are working out a cheap process to have these done on a sturdy plastic that can replace the old menu easily.
Also, Stern in there infinite wisdom, decided to cut the holes for the LED's the exact size as the song title. So anyone wanting to replace TNT would have some dremeling or routing to do.
All that aside here is a photo of what we have now of the three new songs we have on our machine.
We will be able to do custom cards soon for everyone running a new BIN file.

IMG_1614.JPGIMG_1614.JPG

#2 10 years ago

I'll swap you a Juke box mod for a BIN file and mod back glass.

juke_box_hero_015.JPGjuke_box_hero_015.JPG

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I'll swap you a Juke box mod for a BIN file and mod back glass.

Easily done.

#5 10 years ago

As with most AC/DC mods, take my money

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

As with most AC/DC mods, take my money

lol.
I'll let everyone know when I can have them ready. Probably next week sometime.

#7 10 years ago

Looks awesome!

Some points:
It's spelled "rhythm" (which is one of those words i frequently misspell, too).
If you can come up with a way of making your own plastic that allows someone to put in a REAL paper jukebox card with lettering so songs could change whenever you want it to, and also reengineer a led panel with the cuts open the entire line length (so the whole line light up as in real jukeboxes).

Also, I think you should make your own ACDC title screen on your ROM (which we use and love... Thanx), that has the word "BOOTLEG" prominently slapped across the title logo.

#8 10 years ago

Well done !
You should also design a new apron

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Looks awesome!
Some points:
It's spelled "rhythm" (which is one of those words i frequently misspell, too).
If you can come up with a way of making your own plastic that allows someone to put in a REAL paper jukebox card with lettering so songs could change whenever you want it to, and also reengineer a led panel with the cuts open the entire line length (so the whole line light up as in real jukeboxes).
Also, I think you should make your own ACDC title screen on your ROM (which we use and love... Thanx), that has the word "BOOTLEG" prominently slapped across the title logo.

I guess my brother was quick to get a test copy printed. oops.
Rhythm will be corrected, and thanks for pointing that out. lol.
Glad we did not type it wrong in the BIN file for the DMD.
The panel unfortunately can not be changed to have the cuts open all the way because they are cut out into the entire back panel section. Someone would have to do that to their own machine and really only TNT is the problem. It is probably not a song that anyone would to remove anyway as it has a lot of interaction on the playfield.
As far as putting Bootleg on the title screen, I have no problem with that if it is ever wanted or needed. However I only know how to do sounds and music. Maybe it is something oga83 could add to the program if enough people think it is wanted.

#11 10 years ago

Passing that rom around is just asking for trouble

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Passing that rom around is just asking for trouble

This thread is about Plastics not trading ROMs.
Besides people paid for their pinball machine and their music. They are not going on location like this. Just for the owners to enjoy what they paid for.
I have tricked out my cars with private computer updates and mods and have not seen Ford or Volkswagen at my door.

#13 10 years ago

I just checked out the new prototype this morning and it is looking better than the first one we did. Much better color rendition than the first pictured above. I should have it late this afternoon if all goes well.

As a side note that Leon mentioned. Not only did Stern cut the wood behind this to fit each song title length it is also cut to heigth. Songs that needed two lines of copy have more light height than ones that only need one. We got lucky with Dirty Deeds on accident lol. I decided to put the "Done Dirt Cheap" on the second line on a whim. It ended up being the best choice as the wooden cutout behind it was double heigth for the song we replaced. I can't believe we didn't pay attention to the wood cutouts a little more when we pulled it apart the first time and just got lucky with our layout. Usually it works the opposite way.

#14 10 years ago

Count me in on this.

#15 10 years ago

put me on the list as well!!!

p

#16 10 years ago

Definately looking forward to see the final product!

#17 10 years ago

Leon,

I'd love to pick one of these up from you at Jared's this weekend.
I would prefer mine to have Who Made Who, Dirty Deeds and Shoot to Thrill.
Would need Who made who in place of Girls Got Rhythm as that's the software revision I'm running.

I'd be happy to pay for one from ya.

Let me know.
Craig

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Well done !
You should also design a new apron

like this ?

#19 10 years ago

Sign me up!

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Leon,
I'd love to pick one of these up from you at Jared's this weekend.
I would prefer mine to have Who Made Who, Dirty Deeds and Shoot to Thrill.
Would need Who made who in place of Girls Got Rhythm as that's the software revision I'm running.
I'd be happy to pay for one from ya.
Let me know.
Craig

Craig. I can certainly get you a Who Made Who version no problem. I am doing one for someone else anyway. Not sure I can have it by Friday when I leave for Dallas, but I will get you one anyway.
We will let everyone know the price and when these are ready sometime next week by posting in this thread and sending PM's. Thanks for all the interest.

#21 10 years ago

That's awesome man.

See you this Saturday at Jared's Ultimate Extreme Pinball Arcade Super Extravaganza Whoobilalation

#22 10 years ago

It looks pretty cool. Quick question...the "Hell" songs interact with the lower playfield. Will songs that replace those also allow this? Are the actual jukebox locations the determining factor? Also, are Steve's callouts still present in new songs?

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

It looks pretty cool. Quick question...the "Hell" songs interact with the lower playfield. Will songs that replace those also allow this? Are the actual jukebox locations the determining factor? Also, are Steve's callouts still present in new songs?

Yes. Hell still works as normal. Steve's call outs are all there as well.
Only the song playing is changed.

#24 10 years ago

What has to be done to the game to allow the changing of the songs being played?

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from redmamanora:

What has to be done to the game to allow the changing of the songs being played?

You need to find the thread with oga83's program in it.
It is a simple Bin file editor that allows us to import our own music, sounds, and DMD animations.
Takes a bit of learning to use.

#26 10 years ago

Looks Great! thanks for taking this on.
I am interested I this but my song list is different than yours.

#27 10 years ago

If you could please clarify, are you selling the jukebox panel along With ROMs that reflect the song changes? Do the DMD graphics reflect the changes in the song titles, at least with respect to song selection? Will you produce custom versions in case I want some different song substitutions?

Thanks and sorry if this info is available in another thread.
Also, awesome work!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

You need to find the thread with oga83's program in it.
It is a simple Bin file editor that allows us to import our own music, sounds, and DMD animations.
Takes a bit of learning to use.

Could you post a Pinball Browser macro that reflects the changes in your bin file ?

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

If you could please clarify, are you selling the jukebox panel along With ROMs that reflect the song changes? Do the DMD graphics reflect the changes in the song titles, at least with respect to song selection? Will you produce custom versions in case I want some different song substitutions?
Thanks and sorry if this info is available in another thread.
Also, awesome work!

Only the panel is for sale. (we should have a price nailed down soon. Probably under $30 I'm guessing) While some people have used our version of the bin file (and we've done a couple of custom song requests) most are doing their own song revisions using oga83's wonderful program he made. It allows for custom graphics, animations and songs. I'm fairly good with graphics so I reproduced the graphic of the jukebox and had them produced professionaly with our new songs on it. If you want our bin file with the 3 songs Leon and I used pm him and he'll send it to you as well. If you don't like our song choices pm him that as well and we'll see if we can help you if you don't want to do it yourself. We've helped a few people like that earlier when we get the time. (make sure you send him the message and not me as it would just get confusing)

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Could you post a Pinball Browser macro that reflects the changes in your bin file ?

Oga83, Leon has been out of town. What exactly are you looking for? He might know but I don't lol. How do I post a macro to reflect the changes?

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

Oga83, Leon has been out of town. What exactly are you looking for? He might know but I don't lol. How do I post a macro to reflect the changes?

When you do a modification with Pinball Browser, it records a macro in the 'macro' tab.
This macro can be shared on the forum (copy/paste its lines) so that others can apply the same modifications than you.
This way, you don't have to share BIN files (that I strongly discourage)

#32 10 years ago

OK guys, fresh back from the printers and ready to ship.
Price is $29 shipped. Just PM me if you are interested.
I can do custom ones as well for people who have done their own song changes.
I have already done a couple of them with Who Made Who in place of War Machine that I hand delivered.
These are done on a sturdy plastic. Not as thick as the original, but you really can't tell the difference once installed.
To get these screen printed on plastic as thick as Stern used would be cost prohibitive.
All you need to do to change these out is remove the two screws on the back side of the rear panel that hold the plastic cover on the front in place. It will just pull right off.
Then just remove the 9 little phillips screws holding the plastic in place and swap out the cards.
I will PM everyone that has already expressed interest in this.
This particular card replaces.
War Machine with Girls Got Rhythm
Let there be Rock with Shoot to Thrill
Hell ain't a bad place to be with Dirty Deeds

IMG_1646small.jpgIMG_1646small.jpg IMG_1668small.jpgIMG_1668small.jpg

#33 10 years ago

Bad ass man! Nicely done!

#34 10 years ago

This is really sweet. It really makes our changes look OEM.

#35 10 years ago

I picked mine up from Arcade last Saturday. Simply put......awesome!
Thank you so much for making these. This is the perfect solution to my custom nodded software.

Now to get a new translite with the correct music?

#36 10 years ago

Could you print other band names on the Jukebox? I have a goal to remove every single ACDC song. The songs I will be replacing them with, will not all be from the same band.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

Could you print other band names on the Jukebox? I have a goal to remove every single ACDC song. The songs I will be replacing them with, will not all be from the same band.

yes but a few songs like TNT that have short titles may not light up all the way. Stern only cut out slots in the backboard the actual size of the song title. And on top of that the use a LED PCB board to light them up, so you really have no way to add more light.

#38 10 years ago

I have a goal to remove every single ACDC song.

Call me crazy, but why would you want to remove every single AC/DC song from an AC/DC pin? Please tell me its not to add some Bieber tunes!

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I picked mine up from Arcade last Saturday. Simply put......awesome!
Thank you so much for making these. This is the perfect solution to my custom nodded software.
Now to get a new translite with the correct music?

I know right? We talked about it at the show. It would be soo much harder to do

#40 10 years ago

Yes it is doable but a lot of work changing everything. Leon is right about those cut outs behind it. Not only are they cut out to the length and heigth, the LEDs are set to those specs as well.If you look at the pic you'll see our Girls Got Rhythm is slightly longer than the song it replaced an therefore isn't completely lit up. TNT is obviously the worst like he mentioned before.

#42 10 years ago

Thanks for all the support and enthusiasm on this project everybody.
Everyone who had paid for a standard plastic will have it in the mail on Monday.
All the custom plastics will take a bit longer till my printer gets more of the plastic in stock next week. It is cool to see what some of you have done with oga83's mod program.

#43 10 years ago

I'm in!!! LMK how much and where to send!

#44 10 years ago

Can't wait to be rocking to Who Made Who on the machine, thanks Leon!

#45 10 years ago

I'm going grateful dead if possible

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

Pretty cool!

Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Call me crazy, but why would you want to remove every single AC/DC song from an AC/DC pin? Please tell me its not to add some Bieber tunes!

No Way!

While I don't mind ACDC, I am more of a thrash metal fan. I am going to try to put a mix of metal songs from different bands in the game. My original plan was to use all Pantera songs, but I am not sure it will work that well with song length restrictions, and now song name length as well.

I basically want to because I like this music better, and because I can! And it's not permanent. I find that the artwork kind of takes a back seat when I am playing. I am more into the lights and sounds. And gameplay is what matters most, as long as the artwork isn't totally hideous.

Quoted from BillP:

Pretty cool!

#47 10 years ago

Question for those that have altered the song list. Do the jackpot riffs in multiball now sound gratingly out of key with the new songs?

#48 10 years ago

I basically want to because I like this music better, and because I can! And it's not permanent. I find that the artwork kind of takes a back seat when I am playing. I am more into the lights and sounds. And gameplay is what matters most, as long as the artwork isn't totally hideous.

Fair enough--can't argue with that explanation! And at least its not Bieber...! Let us know how it turns out.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Question for those that have altered the song list. Do the jackpot riffs in multiball now sound gratingly out of key with the new songs?

Not in the least bit.

#50 10 years ago

Made one change to my song list and added in Who Made Who. I ordered up a new jukebox and Leon was nice enough to help me create a new BIN for the machine. Below is a little video showing the new tune:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-acdc-jukebox-hell-yes/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.