3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by nocreditdot
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which NIB game would you buy?”

• MMR 26 votes
      12%
    • GB 47 votes
      22%
    • Batman 66 8 votes
      4%
    • Rob zombie 6 votes
      3%
    • Dialed In 22 votes
      10%
    • The big Lebowski 14 votes
      6%
    • Alien 38 votes
      18%
    • None, too much expensive 56 votes
      26%

(217 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 3 years ago

Currently, which NIB would you buy If you could? Why?

#2 3 years ago

It is too early to tell on some games. How good will the games be that do not have finished code and how good will the games be that have not been delivered yet (and also do not have finished code).

For me, CGC is a no regardless of title because of their dreadful lack of responses to customers.

Spooky has not put out a title I would be interested in yet. Their games may also be too basic for my small collection and tastes.

BM66 and Dialed In are too expensive for unproven games. They need to be proven elites that I really enjoy playing to dig that deep in my pockets. I may not even be willing to dig that deep even if they are eventually the number one game of all time.
    TBL is also way too damn expensive and the code seems to not be progressing from the reports I have seen. People I have talked with seem to feel it is a snoozefest in its present state. How is it that the code is not very deep a year after they had the game fully ready?

GB is a tough one. Playfield issues may still be a problem and the lack of an LCD hurt it for me personally. I also believe the game is going to be too difficult for beginners and I don't know if I want a game like that in my small collection to turn off guests.

Alien is interesting and has potential. I do worry about the smoothness of the gameplay after watching videos of the game at Expo. I also like the idea of the swapping games in a single cabinet as a way to have more games without pissing my wife off. I am hoping Heighway can get things rolling and be super successful with this platform but time will tell and they presently appear to be working on R&D issues.

If I was buying a NIB right now it would likely be MET Prem. at $6700 to $6900. I should add, I am also worried about any title NIB Stern right now possibly having playfield problems. We will see what happens when BM 66 owners start playing their games.

#3 3 years ago

Just bought MMR last week.

#4 3 years ago

Star Trek Pro -OR- Metallica Pro

Why -Best value in pinball right now.

#5 3 years ago

Of the one's on your list probably Alien. It represents the best value and is a cool theme.

Not buying any though.....all overpriced.

#6 3 years ago

Thunderbirds

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Star Trek Pro -OR- Metallica Pro
    Why -Best value in pinball right now.

These are still sold NIB? If the poll can be edited to include them that would be great.

#8 3 years ago

GOT pro
    TWD pro
    Star Trek pro
    Metallica pro
    GB pro

all around 5 grand still. people tend to forget about these?

#9 3 years ago

MMR I got one last week and it is awesome

#10 3 years ago

If I could out of those it would be Dialed In, but with prices where they are at, none.

#11 3 years ago

Hobbit should be there as well. I bought it last week

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sticky:

These are still sold NIB? If the poll can be edited to include them that would be great.

Well, I would hope so. They were on the assembly line this month. Unless Stern is making games and not selling them.

#13 3 years ago

I'd likely a BM premium if it was less than $6700 once the code was ok and if the QC issues were resolved.

#14 3 years ago

MMR only game i would drop that much money sans Monster bash though for a lil more ill spring for the original. Hearing too many problems with the remake.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

MMR only game i would drop that much money sans Monster bash though for a lil more ill spring for the original. Hearing too many problems with the remake.

What kind of problems?

#16 3 years ago

With your listing of some higher priced games, I'd suggest other titles as well in this order woz, hobbit. Gb premium, dialed in. All great games, but woz and hobbit are in a league of their own. Batman just doesn't match up to any of these in this price range. DI looks cool, but you can't tell yet without playing it. Mmr is a great game, but gets old fast IMO, especially at that price.
    As for lesser priced games, you can't beat a metallica pro in value. Twd, star trek, gb pro are great choices as well. You simply need to play to decide especially at these prices.

#17 3 years ago
    #18 3 years ago

For me it is "bought" and it's Ghostbusters Premium

#19 3 years ago

Woz if I had the $

#20 3 years ago

I know it's not a poll question but I am blown away by my 3 purchases this year, just wanted to add that while NIB are fun and exciting. My two experiences with *new NIB (waiting for the code especially) were +/- and it's not too shabby to pick of the litter even if the pins are 2,3 and 10 years old.

Met pro (full chrome armor no less) $4800
    TWD pro (loaded) $5000 (-estimate because it was a trade-) I may have overpaid because I wanted my trade gone.
    LOTR (huo low-ish plays) $4800

* I say new NIB to differentiate from a pin that is already done, but just buying it NIB like I did with Tron (re-run) and IMVE

#21 3 years ago

I just voted above none all to expensive out of the ones I would potentially buy, but also voted with my wallet recently, brought a NIB Ironman with a new stern shaker for £4000, to put that in perspective against two of the options above GB & BM66 are £6000 (PRO) & £9000 (PROmium) in comparison:

#22 3 years ago

I voted Alien, which if I had the dough is what I would be after. I love the theme and everything else looks fantastic so far. There is good communication from the company owner and hopefully not as many problems out of the box (if shipped properly). I also like the idea of changeable playfields because I don't have space for a game room.

#23 3 years ago

GB pro (non defectively manufactured playfiled version) or Alien Standard. Big screen is nice on Heighway but the Art is nice so it's not really needed.

Disclosure: I have Full Throttle with big screen and plan to get the Alien kit.

#24 3 years ago

The license for Metallica is up at the end of the year, and I was told the last batch of Met's have rolled off the line as they are full with other titles to produce till the end of the year. I snagged a Premium while the getting was good.

#25 3 years ago

I would grab a GB Premium at this point. I have an LE, and playfield issues aside, it's the best game released since AC/DC (and it might even be better in the long run).

#26 3 years ago

I bought a MMR last week, and now I am looking to buy TH.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I would grab a GB Premium at this point. I have an LE, and playfield issues aside, it's the best game released since AC/DC (and it might even be better in the long run).

I agree an excellent game that will hopefully continue to get better with code. Definitely one of sterns best efforts

#28 3 years ago

i wanted to see what pinball fellows would buy if money is not a problem about the pins incoming or freshly come.
    so this list...but if i am able to do i will try to add "other" in the poll.

i know many of them do not have a polished code yet, but always interesting to know what people think about the potential of the pin, his tastes, the current pricing in the hobby etc

edit: sorry, i can't see how to edit a poll

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

sorry, i can't see how to edit a poll

Maybe a mod can help you.
    Important since it is missing some games.

#30 3 years ago

Dialed In for the original theme and showing the innovation to move pinball forward.

Will need to sell off some machines to justify the price, though.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I voted Alien, which if I had the dough is what I would be after. I love the theme and everything else looks fantastic so far. There is good communication from the company owner and hopefully not as many problems out of the box (if shipped properly). I also like the idea of changeable playfields because I don't have space for a game room.

Ditto

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

GOT pro
    TWD pro
    Star Trek pro
    Metallica pro
    GB pro
    all around 5 grand still. people tend to forget about these?

Not me. TWD Pro is currently at the top of my list at the moment.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

Not me. TWD Pro is currently at the top of my list at the moment.

mine is on the road right now heading west

#34 3 years ago

mine is on the road right now heading west

Out the door and being replaced by a new game?

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

Out the door and being replaced by a new game?

NIB coming to town. i was hoping to get it before halloween, looks like it might not happen.

#36 3 years ago

NIB coming to town. i was hoping to get it before halloween, looks like it might not happen.

I think i'll treat myself to a game just in time for Christmas....the Walking Dead always seems to come to mind whenever I think about a new game.

Congrats on yours! Post pics when it arrives.

#37 3 years ago

The only NIB I'd consider right now is a TWD Pro. But only if Stern has completely resolved their insert issues.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

The only NIB I'd consider right now is a TWD Pro. But only if Stern has completely resolved their insert issues.

I didn't know that TWD had this issue too.

#40 3 years ago

I would like to buy an AFMR but there is a price point I just refuse to go over so we shall see.

Generally games have gotten too expensive so back to B/W for me.

#41 3 years ago

Met premium

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Rubber/Silicone
    Scandinavian Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 19.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 29.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 248.85
    $ 30.00
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 17.99
    Playfield - Decals
    Lermods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 9.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 140.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 149.00
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    T-shirt- Grey Color Out of stock
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 11.95
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 137.00
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside