Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MC-Flyer-791x1024.jpg
100_0241.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Now they want to highlight our eclectic personalities (likely in a negative light) to the national audience...

This is one of the rare occasions where I disagree with whysnow. I think any national exposure is good for pinball. Can only attract more new blood into the industry.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

This is awesome! I hope everyone submits a quick video regardless of quality, collection size e.t.c. If they see a large response we could get some more pinball on national television that would be sweet!!! I'll definitely submit one

I might submit one as well; my wife is telling me I should. I think they are going to go for the people with the larger collections though, this is likely a case where size does matter.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

To my knowledge the whole point of teaming up with th IFPA on this is to push the competitive aspect of the game. While shows like the World Series of Poker have characters (Phil Hellmuth for example), our plan is to run extremely serious tournaments for big $ that may happen to feautre entertaining characters with interesting back stories.
If the goal was simply to make fun of enthusiasts I'm not sure why they would want us involved. I know the production company was glued to the PAPA TV coverage of PAPA 16 all day today.
Is it going to be the Real Housewives of Pinball County, or the World Series of Pinball ... I'm not sure, but I'm willing to put in the work with these guys to find out.
Josh

Good post Josh; excellent points made as well. I think this is a really good opportunity for pinball. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, any mainstream exposure is long term good for our little hobby. If the exposure is positive and popular then even better. Thank you for your involvement.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I may submit a video, but if I am mocked, Im going to shove something up someones wazoo.

Oh, you mean you are going to take them camping. LOL. Actually, you, BR, Loyd and a few other guys from here would be pretty ideal for the show I think.

#47 10 years ago

I share toyotaboy's view. People oftentimes complain about the lack of innovation and what not currently in the hobby or possibly complain about the business model some companies are using to fund the innovation they are making.

Money solves both complaints. If the hobby has another explosion of new owners/players (I think it has had one in the past few years . . . my guess is the number of people who buy at least one NIB machine per year for HUO has at least tripled) then you might see some really big money going into improving the technology and more companies will vie to be competitive ending the buy before you see/play model and reverting to a more normal/familiar business model.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

My only concern is how drab my submission will be compared to centerflank and his wazoo trick.

If his "trophy" is lending him a "hand" none of the rest of us have a shot at making the show . . .

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

But Fatsquatch... you and I might already be ahead of the others since according to most reality shows I know of, we are of the "entertaining backwoods rednecks who waller in mud for fun" variety just because we live in TN. We just need to get a lifted pickup with hydraulics (pink camo and covered in dirt of course) as our pinhauler. We'll call the show Hootin' 'n Hollerin' Pinballin'! Yee haw!!! (insert shotgun noise here)

You think Tennessee is bad . . . try being from deep in the swamps of Louisiana. If you don't look and sound like you just stepped out of the late 90's Waterboy movie then they just won't believe you are a Cajun.

#99 10 years ago

I think I'm going to do a video myself tomorrow.

By the way, I am moving this to the Pinball Events Sub Forum. Seems to fit a bit better there as this is regarding what would be a very cool pinball event!!!!

4 weeks later
#203 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

The number one show on television right now is a bunch of bearded dudes in Louisiana that make duck calls.
That's what we're up against gentlemen.

LMAO! When it put it like that I think you are right and we can do this!!!!!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits
Electronics
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/currently-casting-the-pinball-project?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.