Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MC-Flyer-791x1024.jpg
100_0241.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatsquatch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from chinosts:

I wonder if the focus of this show will be to provide a real look at the pinball world or will it go out of its way to make the people involved look like 'nerds' and 'dropouts'...

It's yet another "reality" show, so OF COURSE it will be focused on the latter.

The never-ending wave of horseshit shows we have in this genre are all focused on the same thing: to exploit and humiliate, and to reward people for being assholes to each other.

Don't think this will be any different. The producers took a look at Tilt and Special When Lit, focused on the quirky and eccentric characters in those films, and saw something they could exploit in a show. After all, everybody likes to poke fun and belittle these days, right?

So have at it, attention whores...go for the gusto and try to get on the cast. Just don't come back crying when you're edited (or directed) to look like virgin losers who have no life outside of being a lame pinball-playing doofus.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

The one good thing about being on a reality TV show is that they usually pay you stipends because they want you to buy more pins, travel to tournaments, etc. If you were on a show such as this, you'd probably have your pinball habit funded nearly completely as well as a base salary for appearance release if it was on network or well known cable TV because without you getting new machines or having the cash to get new ones,or to travel to tourneys, be involved regularly with new items to talk about or play, there's no show.

Only at the cost of self respect and dignity. But something tells me that won't be a problem for too many people.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

We just need to get a lifted pickup with hydraulics (pink camo and covered in dirt of course) as our pinhauler. We'll call the show Hootin' 'n Hollerin' Pinballin'! Yee haw!!! (insert shotgun noise here)

By gawd, I tell you whut...that's a damn fine idear right thar. I'll be seein' if I can find somebody ta trade a truck fer my Camaro.

Hot damn! We gonna be on tha tee-vee!

Quoted from blondetall:

I actually don't even have cable, we just have Hulu and Netflix.

We do this as well.

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Inevitible scripted drama once this show airs.

Where the scripting is actually acknowledged within the industry, they call it "assisted reality".

Sadly, though, too many fans of the genre are clueless and think most of the horseshit they watch is real.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatsquatch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/currently-casting-the-pinball-project?tu=fatsquatch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.