Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MC-Flyer-791x1024.jpg
100_0241.JPG
There are 315 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#250 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Wow, even with my cold I managed to cut a 3 min video. Cut it short before my voice dried out and went into a coughing fit. I think this was the only way I could shut up enough to make it less than 25 min.

Bravo Zulu sir.

#252 10 years ago

bump. its the 1st of oct. how are we looking?

#253 10 years ago

I will also be posting one tonight. I had to install Firefox since their site does not support IE 10.x.x.

#254 10 years ago

Just submitted my video!

#255 10 years ago

Up to 133 submissions . . . not sure how long they will keep the casting call up on their site to be able to upload.

#256 10 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Up to 133 submissions . . . not sure how long they will keep the casting call up on their site to be able to upload.

Nice! Way more than I thought would be submitted.

#257 10 years ago

daily bump.

#258 10 years ago

Man I hope mine made it through....it was an .MTS file.

1 week later
#259 10 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

As of October 11... The Pinball Project casting call is still on their homepage.

-Steve Ridge
Louisville, KY

#260 10 years ago

I'm really hoping that my rant about communists made an impression on them...

2 weeks later
#261 10 years ago

any updates?

3 weeks later
#262 10 years ago

so............................................................. im guessing this is not going anywhere? is there still hope?

1 week later
#263 10 years ago

I suspect that a decision hasn't been made yet. I'm sure IFPA will post an official update when it is time to.

#264 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I can only see bad things coming from this...
Mass media pinball and mocking off all our favorite people in OUR community does not sound great to me. Funny that i was just at papa and when i was watching some A players i noticed other A players mocking them and their playing styles. While I admit many of us have amusing donkey kicks and hand gestures when playing, it was not cool to see people making fun of others maliciously behind their back like we are back in high school.
Now they want to highlight our eclectic personalities (likely in a negative light) to the national audience...
All the freaky people make the beauty of the world.

I hate when people make fun of others. It is another form of bullying! I shall put my military learning to good use and teach these idoits the rear neck and choke.

1 month later
#266 10 years ago

Heard a rumor at a tourney yesterday that a TV deal is a works. Didn't sound like a "reality" type show though.

#267 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Heard a rumor at a tourney yesterday that a by Discount Buddy" id="_GPLITA_0" style="background: none !important; margin: 0px !important; padding: 0px !important; border: currentColor !important; border-image: none !important !important; width: auto !important; height: auto !important; text-decoration: underline !important; vertical-align: baseline !important; float: none !important; display: inline !important; min-height: 0px !important; min-width: 0px !important;" href="#" in_rurl="http://i.txtsrving.info/click?v=VVM6NTE3MDY6MzA5Njp0diBkZWFsOjcxM2ZhNmVjZDc3NDkyNDEzNDZlNzg0YmRiZDBiYWQzOnotMTQ4NC0xNzQ3Mjc6cGluc2lkZS5jb206MTAxNTAzOjQ4M2NlYTJlMjE2OWM3Yjg4Yjg5NDAxZTkzYzJlOGQwOjcxNzk5ODVhZGQ0NjRiZTA4ODcwMWNiNzNmOTE2ZTM0">TV deal is a works. Didn't sound like a "reality" type show though.

any tv exposure could be good for pinball. at least there might be something good to watch between walking dead seasons.

#268 10 years ago

wow i must be drunk to have typed that

#269 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

wow i must be drunk to have typed that

How are you feeling now ?

#270 10 years ago

Played GTA all night so I was feeling like a RockStar! Haven't really gamed in a long time so it was fun "me" time.

Quoted from trilogybeer:

How are you feeling now ?

On topic: I had a dream I was on a reality TV show. And I haven't watched TV in 2 years. Must be the thread I was dreaming about.

#271 10 years ago

Ken, you would honestly be perfect for this reality show. If anyone were to be cast you are perfect.

"The feel good story about about a guy that kicks some major ass at pinball when it is casual but gets nervous in tournaments and how he overcomes the fears to rise to the top"

I don't want to ruin the punchline but it ends with the ifpa instating a game enhancing drug policy

#272 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

"The feel good story about about a guy that kicks some major ass at pinball when it is casual but gets nervous in tournaments and how he overcomes the fears to rise to the top"

This made my day.

Quoted from Whysnow:

I don't want to ruin the punchline but it ends with the ifpa instating a game enhancing drug policy

Something along the lines of a two drink minimum? I could get Bacardi as a sponsor!

1 week later
#273 10 years ago

Just got a quick update from the production company following their winter break hiatus.

They are busy throwing together a sizzle tape to pitch to networks starting mid-February. Sounds like they have a meeting set with TNT/TBS already regarding this concept, along with a few other lesser known networks so far.

Fingers crossed there's enough on that tape to sizzle someone's interest to buy the concept.

#274 10 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Just got a quick update from the production company following their winter break hiatus.
They are busy throwing together a sizzle tape to pitch to networks starting mid-February. Sounds like they have a meeting set with TNT/TBS already regarding this concept, along with a few other lesser known networks so far.
Fingers crossed there's enough on that tape to sizzle someone's interest to buy the concept.

Let them know that my addiction to pinball has degenerated since I made my tape. My family is now lonely and neglected as I play pinball in all my free time. That should entice the networks. As a matter of fact I'm forsaking my family tonight and braving an ice storm to go play the ORIGINAL Cactus Canyon Continued. Priorities man!

#275 10 years ago

Now is the time to get those beards growing guys.. They're going to need to be at least 8" long to be considered for casting.

#276 10 years ago

Time to get all my belly shirts down from the attic

#277 10 years ago

Woo hoo! I hope it gets picked up.

#278 10 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

trying to get stuff on local tv news helps even more so WGN for the Chicago area with it's wgn america coverage.

Any way to get some coverage of the State Championship Series?

6 months later
#279 9 years ago

Can't believe it's been a year and this thing still isn't dead yet.
Latest update is they have an outline for a show that they will be pitching to networks over the next few months.

The bad news is that it looks like only 13 people will be selected to participate. The good news is that the $100k top prize is something they have included in the details of the competition that will be pitched.

It looks like the submission page is actually still up on their site, so anyone interested in a 1 in 13 chance at 100k ... Sign up while you can. If they find a network their next step is casting.

I'll update more as I get more news.

Josh

#280 9 years ago

So I'm curious what the show will really be about if it's exactly 13 people. Is it going to be some sort of competition show, and if so in what respect? Who can retheme a pinball with the most original theme and best artwork? Playing pinball competitively? pinball trivia? who can troubleshoot a pinball issue the fastest? All of the above?

#281 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Now is the time to get those beards growing guys.. They're going to need to be at least 8" long to be considered for casting.

Billy Mitchell or Duck Dynasty length?

#282 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

So I'm curious what the show will really be about if it's exactly 13 people. Is it going to be some sort of competition show, and if so in what respect? Who can retheme a pinball with the most original theme and best artwork? Playing pinball competitively? pinball trivia? who can troubleshoot a pinball issue the fastest? All of the above?

I can't go into too much detail due to my NDA, so we'll have to wait and see if it gets picked up.

Definitely in the vein of the other shows they have produced (Survivor, Celebrity Apprentice), where someone gets eliminated each episode until there is a winner at the end.

#283 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Who can retheme a pinball with the most original theme

Ok where do I sign up ? This show needs at least one drunk asshole that's put a kegerator and tap in a pinball machine.

#284 9 years ago

wow, talk about an old thread still going. Forgot about this until I just saw it again.

#285 9 years ago

This could be just the thing to push pinball back into the mainstream.
I hope this does well.

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Ok where do I sign up ? This show needs at least one drunk asshole that's put a kegerator and tap in a pinball machine.

I want to see some pictures of that.

#287 9 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Can't believe it's been a year and this thing still isn't dead yet.
Latest update is they have an outline for a show that they will be pitching to networks over the next few months.
The bad news is that it looks like only 13 people will be selected to participate. The good news is that the $100k top prize is something they have included in the details of the competition that will be pitched.
It looks like the submission page is actually still up on their site, so anyone interested in a 1 in 13 chance at 100k ... Sign up while you can. If they find a network their next step is casting.
I'll update more as I get more news.
Josh

So if we arlready submitted a tape do we need to sign up?

#288 9 years ago

Submitting the tape is the sign up so if you did that a year ago you're still eligible.

Link to submit a video should be in the first message if this thread.

It'll be interesting to see if they can sell it to a network. I will say the treatment they are submitting is pretty entertaining even for the most casual non-pinball savvy observer, so fingers crossed it gets picked up. It'll mean 100K for someone.

#289 9 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

I want to see some pictures of that.

What ? the drunk asshole , Or the pinball with kegerator ? Just kidding. Tons of pics of the game on thread here on pinside
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pics-trilogy-brewing-co-pinball

#290 9 years ago

Wow! This is exciting. I had figured this was dead. It's good to hear its still alive.
If nothing else, there will be something on tv I will want to watch.

#291 9 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Submitting the tape is the sign up so if you did that a year ago you're still eligible.
It'll be interesting to see if they can sell it to a network. I will say the treatment they are submitting is pretty entertaining even for the most casual non-pinball savvy observer, so fingers crossed it gets picked up. It'll mean 100K for someone.

Right, I have my bags packed and ready to go.

Let me know where the filming is so I can buy myself another hearse from Craigslist.

rd.

#292 9 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

What ? the drunk asshole , Or the pinball with kegerator ? Just kidding. Tons of pics of the game on thread here on pinside
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pics-trilogy-brewing-co-pinball

Thanks for the link. I missed that thread some how.

#293 9 years ago

This thread needed to be bumped.

#294 9 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

so some will win 100K or be able to win up to 100K? there have been some shows that make a big deal about winning so much but it's up to that number.

Will they even be able to pay that much if it ends up on some other lesser network? Shows on channels like GSN tend to max out lower then 100K.

#295 9 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

so some will win 100K or be able to win up to 100K? there have been some shows that make a big deal about winning so much but it's up to that number.

Will they even be able to pay that much if it ends up on some other lesser network? Shows on channels like GSN tend to max out lower then 100K.

Win 100K flat . . . the final challenge involves the last 3 contestants. The winner of that final challenge wins it. There's no separate challenge to determine the final amount.

They seem to think the 100K payout is no problem. Perhaps the budget to actually produce the show is much less compared to other shows they have produced.

I'm not going to worry about anything like that until it actually gets picked up.

#296 9 years ago

daily bump.

#297 9 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

. . . the final challenge involves the last 3 contestants.

Sounds like you had either be a pro player or damn good at diagnosing problems, or both. Unlikely I'd make the show. Plus, my video entry wasn't particularly exciting.
Sure sounds like fun though & it'd be cool to be a part of it. (If it happens.)

#298 9 years ago

I know of one person who should be on the show

#299 9 years ago

Yeehaw! Hank got his own show already! Show them Hollywood folks what's what!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

There are 315 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/currently-casting-the-pinball-project/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.