Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MC-Flyer-791x1024.jpg
100_0241.JPG
There are 315 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Hey I am 49 years old . Feel 29 .This should get me on the show........ or into the State Hospital.

THat is one creepy-ass selfy if ever I've seen one.

#102 10 years ago

Storage wars knocked one line of income out from under me. I wonder if this show will do the same? Maybe it will actually make me some money since no one around here knows how to work on anything.

No "tape" submissions from me.

#103 10 years ago

daily bump. alright, everyone send in a vid. lets all support pinball by supporting this project.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from MTPPC:

THat is one creepy-ass selfy if ever I've seen one.

That was the whole point "Shock Factor "

#105 10 years ago

16 videos submitted so far . . . I don't think they are expecting Survivor type numbers, but hopefully we'll get more than a couple dozen before the cut-off, or this thing will definitely be a non-starter.

October 1st is the cut-off. Even if you aren't interested in being on the show, please do submit a video just to help get our numbers up. Asking the production company for $100,000 to give away for a tournament is much easier with hundreds and hundreds of players submitting videos . . . it will be much tougher to ask if we get 20 submissions

Josh

#106 10 years ago

come one pinheads, get those videos in. a chance to win $100.000! im in. that's a lot of new games.

#107 10 years ago

Been too drunk all day...bad seen pissing myself and usual rage tilting...WAIT...*goes to make video*

EDIT: Close to one

#108 10 years ago

SF Bay Area folks, if you are up for doing a video, I can help shoot a bit of it. Just hit me up! I won't be at SFPD league this next time or else I'd say I can do it then if you're in the league...

#109 10 years ago

Uff...I just nailed one. If the show doesn't happen or I didn't make it I can't wait to post it.

#110 10 years ago

Oh crap forgot to put my email address

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I did the same thing. But then again they didn't ask for it. Still wish I would have put it on there.

#112 10 years ago

Sorry if I missed this... What's the end goal here?

If a video is submitted and you are "picked", what happens? Are you entering to live in a house with a bunch of pin nuts? Or are you entering to be highlighted as part of an episode? Or???

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Hey I am 49 years old . Feel 29 .This should get me on the show........ or into the State Hospital.

Wait till you're in your 50s that will all start to change.

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

I did the same thing. But then again they didn't ask for it. Still wish I would have put it on there.

Yeah what tricked us was this post states diff'rent rules then the website. Maybe they left it out originally and added it in later.

"IMPORTANT: At the beginning of the tape, please hold up a piece of paper that can be easily read through the camera with the following information: your name, your age, your city, your phone number and your e-mail address. "

#115 10 years ago

If this project actually takes off and becomes something, I can only see the price of games blasting even further out of my reach.
I was interviewed to be on some collectors show for sci-fi early last year. We (my wife and I) did a skype interview with a producer and filled out about double the paperwork that we did for our mortgage, allowed a full background investigation so the network could make sure we didnt have any skeletons in the closet then never heard back. I dont think the show ever happened but they dont just take anybody to be on tv. I had my 30 sec of pinball fame in Special When Lit, so ill let it go at that.

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Maybe they left it out originally and added it in later.

Sneaky bastards. They must have added it because I know for a fact it was not there earlier. Oh well, if they are serious they have our phone #'s.

Quoted from PinbarnPaul:

If this project actually takes off and becomes something, I can only see the price of games blasting even further out of my reach.

Possibly. Or it could show possible investors that there is a big market for machines and spur a new golden era of pinball.

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Sneaky bastards. They must have added it because I know for a fact it was not there earlier. Oh well, if they are serious they have our phone #'s.

A good reason for an automatic "edited by/when" after a few minutes from the original post. A lot of forums have that. Here it's just an option.

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I did that also, I caught it before I sent my vid in and re shot it. I think my 1st one was better.

#119 10 years ago

No video needed, I'm a natural for the "Pinball Project".........

#120 10 years ago

I like how they call it a "tape". I'll go break out the VHS camcorder.

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I hope Steve Young submits a video.

This. They could put Steve Young, MAD Mike and that Aussie Thunderbirds lunatic around a poker table and turn the cameras on.

That's gold, Jerry! Gold!

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No video needed, I'm a natural for the "Pinball Project".........

hmmmmmm, maybe not.

It's not "The Pinball *PRE-ORDER* Project"

Actually, I can see the result of this being a bunch of yuppies realize they can actually buy up old pinball machines and then we're really screwed

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

This. They could put Steve Young, MAD Mike and that Aussie Thunderbirds lunatic around a poker table and turn the cameras on.
That's gold, Jerry! Gold!

Don't forget Al @ the Pinball Warehouse in St. Paul.

#124 10 years ago

I could be wrong but im getting the feeling that this will mostly be tournament play. and the yups buy wine, art and houses. pinball is way to blue collar for them.

#125 10 years ago

why are you reading this? don't you have a vid to make and send in?

#126 10 years ago

Perfect. A show where the couch potatoes and radio personalities of America can make fun of how people look from behind, their playing mannerisms, why anyone would spend money restoring something like that....Pinball will become the Honey BooBoo of gaming

'Pinball, didn't that go out with Betamax? These guys are like, so lame'.

On the brighter side, when I went to the ER with a (just sprained, phew) bad wrist from when my Haunted House playfield fell...and I tried to catch it from the side...the ER doc said; "That's FRICKIN AWESOME!" when I told him I had six pinball machines I was working on. (well, not all at once, but that's the short version!)

#127 10 years ago

I was going to submit a video but the Army PR guy said "No F-n way."

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from Sharon:

'Pinball, didn't that go out with Betamax? These guys are like, so lame'.

I don't know.. as many pinball locations and museums opening across America, I think it's becoming pretty mainstream. I guess it also depends on your perspective. If your a fan of collectibles in general, it would seem you tend to have respect for all collectibles. I can almost guarantee nearly every user on this message board is at least somewhat a fan of american pickers. Not necessarily for what they do (buy and resell), but just to see all sorts of cool collectible stuff you'd never get to see in real life, and learn a little bit about the history at the same time.

That's not to say there's not a few punk teenagers who only live for today with the latest smartphone and gaming console, and whatever hot new game is coming, but I'd like to think the masses would appreciate a show that highlights what the hobby is about.

#129 10 years ago

I think we should all submit a video...you can always say no if you are selected. I feel that pinball is poised to take off again and this could bring more $ to tournaments and get the operators putting machines out again. Before the World Series of Poker, I hardly knew anyone who played Texas hold-em, now that's all you can get people to play.

Another example: before golf was on TV, they were playing for next to nothing and now each tournaments is in the millions.

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from Sharon:

Perfect. A show where the couch potatoes and radio personalities of America can make fun of how people look from behind, their playing mannerisms, why anyone would spend money restoring something like that....Pinball will become the Honey BooBoo of gaming

Not necessarily. All depends upon the director(s) & producer(s) to cast our community in a positive/interesting way. The fact that Josh Sharpe is involved should tell us something, yes? I highly doubt he'd be on board for something that'd portray the sport/hobby that he loves in a negative way.

#131 10 years ago

there was another outfit/casting group not long ago
and were going to call it Master Collectors with folks
with large pinball collections

it was a disaster and people who did do this show were made
to look like idiots (in my opinion)

Pinball is like a underground society, lets keep it this way and it will stay Cool

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from DnDPins:

I think we should all submit a video...you can always say no if you are selected

This was my thinking as well. I would probably never be able to accept a spot on the show due to work and family....

Quoted from DnDPins:

this could bring more $ to tournaments and get the operators putting machines out again. Before the World Series of Poker, I hardly knew anyone who played Texas hold-em, now that's all you can get people to play.

...but this was what I was hoping too. Longshot I know, but well worth taking a few minutes to make a video.

#133 10 years ago

there was another outfit/casting group not long ago
and were going to call it Master Collectors with folks
with large pinball collections

That was the test name for the show. It ended up being called "my crazy obsession", and was actually that was a general show about collectors in general, not just pinball (and other odd obsessions that have nothing to do with collecting). I thought it was sort of interesting. Most of those collections not my bag of tea, but I can respect them.

MC-Flyer-791x1024.jpgMC-Flyer-791x1024.jpg

#134 10 years ago

Josh, since a video submission is required to be eligible for the $100,000 tournament, will the tournament be eligible for WPPR points ?

Quoted from ifpapinball:

Asking the production company for $100,000 to give away for a tournament is much easier with hundreds and hundreds of players submitting videos . . . it will be much tougher to ask if we get 20 submissions
Josh

#135 10 years ago

Nobody is restricted from submitting a video, so nobody is restricted from playing in the tournament.

If this does get off the ground it will be WPPR eligible.

Josh

#136 10 years ago

Thank you Josh.

One other question:
If someone decided to run a 1 Million dollar winner-take-all pinball tournament which required people who wanted to play in the tournament to submit their most recent banking statement for tax purposes (and met all other IFPA sanctioning requirements) in order to participate would that tournament be eligible for WPPR points ?

I'm guessing it would be since the person is not restricted from submitting their banking statement.

TIA
Solarride

Quoted from ifpapinball:

Nobody is restricted from submitting a video, so nobody is restricted from playing in the tournament.
If this does get off the ground it will be WPPR eligible.
Josh

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from SolarRide:

If someone decided to run a 1 Million dollar winner-take-all pinball tournament which required people who wanted to play in the tournament to submit their most recent banking statement for tax purposes (and met all other IFPA sanctioning requirements) in order to participate would that tournament be eligible for WPPR points ?

I'm not sure if a recent banking statement is required for tax purposes, but rather just a SSN . . . but we would have to look into that specific request.

For example, I could say anyone that films themselves slapping another person in the face is eligible to compete in a tournament, and one could argue that anyone COULD go slap someone else, but I would look at that as a completely unnecessary requirement.

The idea of the video submissions being a requirement is that if we're on a closed set having the event, the production company would be able to account for all the players that would be included on the participant list (every video requires the person to put up name/age/city/phone number). IMO a 3 minute video even if it's just saying "Hi, I'm Solar Ride, love playing pinball, been playing for 20+ years, and would love to be part of anything competitive pinball related with this process." you can then film the ground for the remaining 2 minutes and 45 seconds . . . at least they will have you on file

Josh

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

(every video requires the person to put up name/age/city/phone number).

As we noticed above Josh, the website now states a email address is also required.

#139 10 years ago

As the easiest way to contact someone, or send them details of a potential event, I can see why that may have been added as a requirement

Josh

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

As the easiest way to contact someone, or send them details of a potential event, I can see why that may have been added as a requirement
Josh

Well we didn't before getting all liquored up and making kick ass videos! (Er well...kick ass=as good as it's going to get).

#141 10 years ago

Ok thank you Josh.

Quoted from ifpapinball:

I'm not sure if a recent banking statement is required for tax purposes, but rather just a SSN . . . but we would have to look into that specific request.
For example, I could say anyone that films themselves slapping another person in the face is eligible to compete in a tournament, and one could argue that anyone COULD go slap someone else, but I would look at that as a completely unnecessary requirement.
The idea of the video submissions being a requirement is that if we're on a closed set having the event, the production company would be able to account for all the players that would be included on the participant list (every video requires the person to put up name/age/city/phone number). IMO a 3 minute video even if it's just saying "Hi, I'm Solar Ride, love playing pinball, been playing for 20+ years, and would love to be part of anything competitive pinball related with this process." you can then film the ground for the remaining 2 minutes and 45 seconds . . . at least they will have you on file
Josh

#142 10 years ago

I have already heard back from the production company that they're interested in what we are up to in NOLA. I guess that's a good sign, but I think they're still trying to decide if there's enough interesting personalities to even do the show. So people should submit videos.

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I think they're still trying to decide if there's enough interesting personalities to even do the show.

Damnit ralphwiggum, get your tape in!!

#144 10 years ago

I'm picking up a game from a friend who has a big collection to bring Saturday to use at Lanes and Games in Cambridge MA for our end of the seasons finals of the New England Pinball League I help run. I will film getting the game and all the parts I between to the finals. Should be a good 3 minutes of footage for them.

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

That was the test name for the show. It ended up being called "my crazy obsession", and was actually that was a general show about collectors in general, not just pinball (and other odd obsessions that have nothing to do with collecting). I thought it was sort of interesting. Most of those collections not my bag of tea, but I can respect them.

This was the show/company that I got an email from through pinballowners.org...prob alot of us did. My wife and I did a skype interview with the production co. They liked my collection but were looking for some drama or friction between my wife and I because of it...I guess to give the show a little edge rather than just to show off cool collections. They would then send out some appraiser from Christies auction house to let us know how much the collection was worth and present us a few buyers should we decide to sell some pins off.

#146 10 years ago

Evening bump - since it was on page 2 after only 6 hours... Damn this place is busy!

-Steve Ridge
Louisville, KY

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from PinbarnPaul:

drama or friction between my wife and I

Shouldn't be hard to find in any marriage. The wife and I are knockdown dragout brutal with each other. But then it passes and nothing is left to brew or fester, it's all out in the open.

#148 10 years ago

bump. this belongs on page 1

#150 10 years ago

Video Submited. About 7 minutes long. Hope they don't get mad

-Jim

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

Tools
Pincoder Store

There are 315 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/currently-casting-the-pinball-project/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.