Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-420.jpg
!!!5.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pins4fun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

what about bram stokers dracula? been tossing that idea around too. I think I'm over the early ss games so in the process of "turning them out" as Daveh might say. probably keep centaur, firepower and black knight (once I get it done)

About the JD, I fully agree with the following evaluation that I copied/pasted from IPDB:

"Few would argue that this is a unique machine: a widebody DMD machine with, simply put, lots of "stuff". It has plenty of ramps (4), wire forms (4), targets (4 standups, 5 drop downs), VUKs (2), loops (3), captive balls (3), and flippers (4). The only thing it doesn't have is pop bumpers which seems like an excellent trade off. It is impossible to imagine Stern making this machine - even the recent Stern Star Trek installs wire forms only on the pricey Limited Edition, and only two at that.
This sheer amount of content gives it staying power. Some machines rely on one or two shots to achieve most of the points. Although Judge Dredd does lean heavily on the two main ramps, the different modes eventually steer the player to all of the playfield items. The chase for extra balls also eventually brings the ball through every ramp and loop. The number of shots is simply incredible. If the standard game play starts to bore you, move on to Supergame which adds four more modes and the absolutely chaotic 6 ball multiball.

And we haven't even gotten to the Deadworld. Most people like the Deadworld mod whereby the balls are locked on the rotating ring as the designer intended rather than the stock virtual lock. Count me as a fan, but I would recommend this mod for another reason - correct operation of the Deadworld locking mod requires a machine with no opto errors. Buying a machine with a working Deadworld mod is a stamp of approval that the optos work correctly and the buyer has one less thing to worry about. And a working Deadworld lock is simply cool - for those who are peeved by virtual locks, the Deadworld lock is probably the most memorable reprieve from this common practice.

One thing that still bothers me about Judge Dredd is the wizard mode, although this is a criticism that I would levy against the majority of machines. I wish wizard modes always had drama and a sense of ceremony. As it is, the wizard mode of Judge Dredd is just a multi-ball scoring opportunity that abruptly ends when only one ball remains in play. This is certainly not unique to Judge Dredd and in my opinion mars many "A" titles, but this omission underscores how excellent the rest of the machine and rule set is.

The comic book that this is based on is certainly obscure in the US, so I have no judgment on how well it represents the series. But understanding the comic is not necessary to enjoy this machine. At least from an art perspective, comic books are a natural fit for pinball machines and this is no exception. Bright primary colors cover the playfield.

Much has been made of the guitar sound track. Perhaps I don't mind it as much as some, but I don't think it is as annoying as some make it out to be. Every mode has a different sound track and if you are chasing down the finale by going through all the modes, I doubt you will be hearing the main guitar tune much.

I'm keeping this one."

BTW, their is a new rom avalable for this game now which gives you the ability to operate it with coin mechs after the Deadworld is installed.

A JD in nice working and cosmetic order, complete with a original topper and a working Deadworld, represent an excellent pinball value anywhere under 3K, depending on condition. Just my opinion.

BSD is a amazing game too.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

This is the first I've heard of that, do you know where I can find it? I did some google searching but came up empty handed.

Here it is:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jd-announcing-l1ah-a-coin-op-version-of-the-deadworld-mod

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pins4fun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/current-price-check-for-judge-dredd?tu=pins4fun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.