Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by spikelou2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bricktop_nemesis (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

With everything that's going on globally, there are a lot of people putting their machines up for sale. Yet, at the same time, it doesn't seem like there are a lot of buyers out there.
    I realize a lot of these sales posts are due to financial needs or projected financial needs, but at the same time it doesn't seem like prices are any different from normal. I would think if people were getting desperate enough to unload many of their machines, the prices would reflect that financial need. It seems like if people really wanted to get rid of their machines, they would need to create a price that was attractive enough to get people to take a chance on (A) Leaving their home to come see it. Or (B) Taking a chance on buying the pin sight unseen.
    Am I judging the current market wrong?

#2 4 years ago

There is no current market. We're stuck at home.

#3 4 years ago

There have been *several* threads like this posted already in this sub-forum.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/machine-buying

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

There have been *several* threads like this posted already in this sub-forum.

Time to close this one then.

#5 4 years ago

Close is necessary but I really didn't see any threads that were addressing the question I was trying to ask, which is, if the market is in a desperate state, why aren't the prices reflecting that?

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Photopin:

Close is necessary but I really didn't see any threads that were addressing the question I was trying to ask, which is, if the market is in a desperate state, why aren't the prices reflecting that?

It's been discussed many times in the other threads.

#7 4 years ago

Poor.

I have four I'd like to move along as we are just done playing them and need the space for other pins. A number of tire kickers but nothing solid.

#8 4 years ago

Apparently the sellers are not as desperate as you think.

#9 4 years ago

Only thing I see different is that I am delayed making a trade because my state isn't allowing non-essential travel across state lines.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

Apparently the sellers are not as desperate as you think.

Yes, it's too early still for sellers to be desperate. Wait until they have been out of work for 3 months, and are finding that nobody is hiring. Then the desperation will kick in (unfortunately).

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yes, it's too early still for sellers to be desperate. Wait until they have been out of work for 3 months, and are finding that nobody is hiring. Then the desperation will kick in (unfortunately).

Although every state is different, here in NY many people that are now collecting unemployment are collecting more than what they would earn if they were working. I work in the construction industry and we have called people back to work and they question if they have too, because they can make more sitting at home than working, with the new stimulus package.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

Although every state is different, here in NY many people that are now collecting unemployment are collecting more than what they would earn if they were working. I work in the construction industry and we have called people back to work and they question if they have too, because they can make more sitting at home than working, with the new stimulus package.

There is an entire culture of people who have been doing this for years. They'll milk every handout program that are applicable to them, and when combined, they make far more than going and performing honest work.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

There is an entire culture of people who have been doing this for years. They'll milk every handout program that are applicable to them, and when combined, they make far more than going and performing honest work.

Yep, but if corps paid real wages, this problem wouldn't exist. I'd rather be bitching about the greedy pigs at the top.

bricktop_nemesis (resized).jpgbricktop_nemesis (resized).jpg
    #14 4 years ago

Sellers > Buyers = Lower Prices
    Same as any market
    Prices will lower to meet demand as more people feel a need to sell machines

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Sellers > Buyers = Lower Prices
    Same as any market

Still waiting out the lower prices part.

Some deals, but local market still has pumpers working the streets. In any case, cant imagine much moving this environment.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Still waiting out the lower prices part.

I sold my GoT for $4550 at this link:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/93860

That includes a ColorDMD and many other goodies. Then again, I wanted that game gone. As a military member, we're "essential" so I'm not "in a paycheck" bind.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I sold my GoT for $4550 at this link:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/93860
    That includes a ColorDMD and many other goodies. Then again, I wanted that game gone. As a military member, we're "essential".

Very reasonable. Wish you were closer!

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Poor.
    I have four I'd like to move along as we are just done playing them and need the space for other pins. A number of tire kickers but nothing solid.

What pins are you trying to move ? I looked at your ads was only two ..

Thx In advance

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Localspeedshop:

What pins are you trying to move ? I looked at your ads was only two ..
    Thx In advance

Gold Wings and Haunted House also for sale on regional board. I'm seriously thinking about just folding all of them up and rolling in corner of shop till fall. Everything works 100%

Going to start work again on Flash Gordon and there will soon be tables all over the shop covered in parts to be refurbished.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Photopin:

With everything that's going on globally, there are a lot of people putting their machines up for sale. Yet, at the same time, it doesn't seem like there are a lot of buyers out there.
    I realize a lot of these sales posts are due to financial needs or projected financial needs, but at the same time it doesn't seem like prices are any different from normal. I would think if people were getting desperate enough to unload many of their machines, the prices would reflect that financial need. It seems like if people really wanted to get rid of their machines, they would need to create a price that was attractive enough to get people to take a chance on (A) Leaving their home to come see it. Or (B) Taking a chance on buying the pin sight unseen.

I just listed couple couple things at very fair prices.

#21 4 years ago

Game plan is the same. No selling, buy a machine on my wishlist right around Christmas time.

#22 4 years ago

I have a ground up restored Skateball (CPR silver playfield, all new hardware, Pinball Pimp stencils etc), beautiful 100% working.... and sitting unsold at 3300....

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blenderhead:

I have a ground up restored Skateball (CPR silver playfield, all new hardware, Pinball Pimp stencils etc), beautiful 100% working.... and sitting unsold at 3300....

Probably means it’s priced too high

#24 4 years ago

Difficult to have a market when buyers can’t leave the house to buy/collect said game. Same situation here in the U.K. sale sub forum is a ghost town.

#25 4 years ago

Most people don’t buy machines With plans to sell. With that being said a lot of people that have pins don’t live paycheck to paycheck. So for them to sell to get quick cash most people will not. Some people will. But let’s be honest. People are not going to give up a pin that they bought for a third of the price so someone can buy it and sell it for what they are asking now for it. I also do not believe that pinball prices are going to drop to a low like it did in the past. It’s supply and demand. And the demand will always be there as we are insane with this hobby. Just my two cents. Have a great day!

#26 4 years ago

Judging from my collection and the "What EM are you working on" thread, I would say that around the country and around the world a lot of projects games are finally being pulled from storage and being restored to nicer than ever. That means a lot of broken down $500-1000 EM and SS games are becoming nice, playing $1500-? games as we speak.

#27 4 years ago

I've sold 4 machines in the last 2 weeks.

The only real difference is now tire kickers use 'the corona' excuse instead of 'the wife' excuse.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Photopin:

Yes.

#29 4 years ago

I will be listing a firepower II, a gottlieb big top, and a rare atari Tetris arcade soon. Feel free to PM me if you are interested.

#30 4 years ago

Fire sale prices have started. Grab a beat up Shaq for only $8000.

sarasota.craigslist.org link

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Fire sale prices have started. Grab a beat up Shaq for only $8000.
    sarasota.craigslist.org link

Well, as the ad states...they did just add new rubber rings.

#32 4 years ago

Yes, I would sell my Shaq for that kind of cash. My Grandson would be unhappy...

#33 4 years ago

There were a couple of games I saw listed I would have been interested in, but I’m being cautious and remaining at home for now. Given the economic uncertainty, people will be much more interested in liquid cash than an illiquid pinball machine. Once this passes, it will come back, though it may take a while for a lot of people to get comfortable socializing, getting on an airplane, being in a crowded bar or restaurant, staying in a hotel, etc. if those jobs don’t come back, the economy will be that much smaller.

#34 4 years ago

When I look I see way more adds of wanted games than Normal...and I’m talking to buddies that flip games and they are saying that games are selling like hot cakes ...and the fact that no new games are being made now that definitely helps dry up supply ...I do think that we are in the early innings and people still have savings ..so time will tell

#35 4 years ago

I may be wrong ..it’s not uncommon that I’m mistaken

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/current-pinball-market?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.