Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Monk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 months ago

New member; first post. Apologies if there are other similar threads!

I'm looking to buy my first machine, and I'm a little shocked at current pricing (at least locally). Some examples are $6500 for Fish Tales and $6900 for Guardians of the Galaxy (Pro Edition). At least for Fish Tales, that's easily double the accepted values from just a few years ago. Have things really gotten that crazy in the last couple of years?!?

Thanks in advance for your insight and advice!

#2 6 months ago
Quoted from luciferous:

Have things really gotten that crazy in the last couple of years?!?

Yes.

LTG : )

#4 6 months ago

I was afraid of that.

Thanks for the quick replies!

#5 6 months ago

Way beyond stupid pricing ...
Only hope it happens again when its time to sell mine ...

#6 6 months ago

If you are willing to wait forever, it’s oftentimes the least expensive route to buy NIB these days.

#7 6 months ago

If you look at a game that is listed here (information page) and scroll down the page it will give you the average selling price. I assume that price is the average of all of the listings, not the current sales. You can click on archived listing to get a better idea of what current prices are. It is not uncommon for the average of the last 6 listings being $2,000 more then the average listing price on the main page.

#8 6 months ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

If you look at a game that is listed here (information page) and scroll down the page it will give you the average selling price. You can click on archived listing to get a better idea of what current prices are.

Thanks for the tip, Litedpinballmods! Didn't notice that yesterday before I posted.

#9 6 months ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

If you are willing to wait forever, it’s oftentimes the least expensive route to buy NIB these days.

Krupps4 - I actually wouldn't mind that, but I imagine the same supply chain constraints that have been affecting everything else makes that a difficult proposition (hence your 'forever' comment)? I see that you are in Minneapolis as well... any recommendations for good places to buy new/used locally? (The prices I originally quoted above were from Arcade Gallery up in Lino Lakes.) I used to stop by Summit many years ago when they were on University, and it looks like they moved to Stillwater, but maybe they're just doing service now?

#10 6 months ago

There's no huge supply anywhere in Minneapolis (or anywhere?) of used games at a "non-retail" price. Call around for the best price on a NIB game or check facebook/pinside/craigslist and try to beat the flippers.

#11 6 months ago
Quoted from luciferous:

I see that you are in Minneapolis as well... any recommendations for good places to buy new/used locally?

Try Peter’s Billiards for NIB. They carry pins and usually have at least a couple in stock.

#12 6 months ago
Quoted from luciferous:

any recommendations for good places to buy new/used locally?

The Pinball Place in New Ulm - https://thepinballplace.com/

Kingpin Games in North Freedom Wisconsin - https://www.kingpingames.net/

LTG : )

#13 6 months ago

NIB makes the most sense nowadays. When/If you want to switch up games, they hold their value and are easily tradeable. Also, most distributors don't charge tax if you buy out of state, saves a good chunk of change and Sterns pricing includes shipping.

#14 6 months ago

Krupps4 / LTG / PokerJake / Isjack - You guys rock... love this community already. Thanks again!

#15 6 months ago

I don’t think your examples are accurate at all, prices are definitely higher but no one is paying 6900 for a guardians pro. In fact, there is one listed now for 5.5k OBO

#16 6 months ago

I agree, although prices have skyrocketed the past year or two, the examples you mentioned are still overpriced even for the current market.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
$ 134.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Petaluma, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!