• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

79A7C006-B6A6-4F44-ACD1-1B142032EB9A (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

Hi guys

I’m in the final stages of restoring my 79 KISS and I just made a purchase I didn’t think I was gonna do. I stumbled upon a brand new Playfield! I’m waiting on a Pinball shop to put together an estimate for me, but I’d like to know what’s the current price or cost for this!

Thanks in advance!

Brian

79A7C006-B6A6-4F44-ACD1-1B142032EB9A (resized).png79A7C006-B6A6-4F44-ACD1-1B142032EB9A (resized).png
#2 3 years ago

$500 to $1500. DMACY is doing them pretty cheap these days.

#3 3 years ago

$600 to $1000

Low end to do a basic swap. No rebuilding of mechs or maybe just replace coil sleeves. Clean top side parts. Replace bulbs, rubber and ball.

High end for a complete tear down. Rebuild all mechs with new parts, tumble small metal pieces, polish large metal pieces, clean wiring harness and rebuild connectors, new posts, bumper bodies, caps, skirts, drop targets, bulbs, rubber and ball.

#4 3 years ago

I've only done swaps for myself and not for others but if I was going to charge someone for a Bally solid state, around $1000.

#5 3 years ago

As you said you are restoring the game have you considered just doing the swap yourself? These era swaps are generally pretty simple if you take your time and lots of pictures plus the sense of accomplishment is a great reward. A few generic tools and some time you’d be done in no time.

#6 3 years ago

We'll that playfield needs to be kruzman'd before it gets installed. Registration is horrible and why go through the trouble and expense knowing that your still going to have a playfield that is off register and sticks out like a sore thumb? Get Ron to do you a estimate on touch up and clear coating before you pull the trigger on anything else.

john

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

We'll that playfield needs to be kruzman'd before it gets installed. Registration is horrible and why go through the trouble and expense knowing that your still going to have a playfield that is off register and sticks out like a sore thumb? Get Ron to do you a estimate on touch up and clear coating before you pull the trigger on anything else.
john

Please explain what you mean?????
what is registration?????
You said it sticks out like a sore thumb, where???

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from wdennie:

Please explain what you mean?????
what is registration?????
You said it sticks out like a sore thumb, where???

When you look at the inserts thete is a small white spot ( area) . As if you were flipping a pancake and it seemed to have shifted uneven. Kruzeman is deadly meticulous.

#9 3 years ago

thanks for explaining.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I've only done swaps for myself and not for others but if I was going to charge someone for a Bally solid state, around $1000.

What about something a bit more complicated like a LOTR?

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

What about something a bit more complicated like a LOTR?

It's a ton of work. I'd guess 1,500 to 1,750. But I'm not sure I would even want to tackle that for a fee. It's a lot of responsibility. Just not the same as doing the work for yourself.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

It's a ton of work. I'd guess 1,500 to 1,750. But I'm not sure I would even want to tackle that for a fee. It's a lot of responsibility. Just not the same as doing the work for yourself.

Yeah, I hear you. I have a NOS LOTR playfield that I'd like to swap eventually but it's pretty intimidating especially since I have never done a swap before. I'm not sure I should even attempt it. There is just so much going on in that playfield. The amount of time I'd have to invest in something like that is a huge turn off as well. ugh.

#13 3 years ago

I don’t know anything about playfield swaps but I have seen Kruzman’s work up close and it’s a good investment to have him clear it ( not necessarily a good financial investment but if you’re restoring a game you love get it done ! ) . It will look awesome for as long as you own it and then some

#14 3 years ago

To clarify I’m not saying it’s a bad financial decision I’m saying that dependant on the value of the title . I had him do an Alien Poker that I’ll never get my money out of because I love the game . Ymmv

1 month later
#15 3 years ago

What company is DMACY? Do they have a website?

#16 3 years ago

He’s a member on here not a company.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 29.00
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 10.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/current-cost-swapping-playfield?hl=nevadanutjob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.