3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0235 (resized).JPG
Tough.gif
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

If you could purchase 1 pro and 1 premium machine from the current batch of Sterns (not archived but currently available machines). Which pro and which premium would you choose? Kind of broad topic here but thinking my budget would allow for 2 NIBs and would like one to be the best playing pro machine and then the best premium.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on this --- thank you pinsiders!

#2 3 years ago

Pro- TMNT
Premium- Avengers IQ

#3 3 years ago

Pro - SW
Prem+ - AvengersIQ

#4 3 years ago

Pro Tmnt
Premium Deadpool

#5 3 years ago

Jurassic park pro
Stranger things prem

#6 3 years ago

Pro- Maiden
Premium- Star Wars

#7 3 years ago

Pro- TMNT My favorite Pro to date to shoot on and missing barely anything compared to premium

Premium- Stranger Things because i just want one with UV kit but SW premium 2nd by just a hair

#8 3 years ago

Pro - Deadpool (Pro)
Premium - Jurassic Park (Premium)

Or...you could take that money and go "halvsies" on a Pirates of the Caribbean with a buddy.

Tough.gifTough.gif
#9 3 years ago

Pro-TMNT... Premium-Elvira HOH.

#10 3 years ago

Pro Maiden
Premium Elvira

#11 3 years ago

Pro - Iron Maiden

Premium - Elvira HoH

#12 3 years ago

Pro - Star Wars

Premium - Elvira House of Horrors

#13 3 years ago

Pro Maiden
Premium Elvira

#14 3 years ago

Pro - JP or Deadpool
Premium - Same or EHoH

#15 3 years ago

Deadpool

#17 3 years ago

Pro: TMNT
Premium: Iron Maiden

#19 3 years ago

Pro: IMDN
Premium: Deadpool

#20 3 years ago

Star Wars Premium Comic, but honestly I would just wait and buy a low play LE on second hand market for same price(second choice would be a Led Zeppelin Premium/LE if you like LZ?)

Jurassic Park Pro-packed game with great theme and great orchestrated sounds from movie.

Try and find a theme that you can relate to, it helps in keeping your interest.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Premium: Deadpool

I'd go
Pro: DP
Premium: IMDN

#22 3 years ago

Deadpool Pro
Jurassic Premium

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#23 3 years ago

pro... tmnt prem elvira hoh

#24 3 years ago

PRO - IMDN
Premium - JP

#25 3 years ago

Pro: Deadpool
Premium: Avengers IQ

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 3 years ago

Pro- Maiden
Prem- AIQ

#27 3 years ago

Pro - TMNT
(One of the most full-featured Pros they have made in a long time, with excellent rules, shots, and use of assets; if this game had been themed differently (I think it’s great, but that’s a minority opinion here) I think it would be touted much more.)

Premium - DP
(Premium adds meaningful upgrades to game play. )

#28 3 years ago

Pro---JP

Premium---STh--coolest machine everyone wrote off too early as usual. The projector, UV lights, TK lock all unmatched on any machine. The code is great now too.

#29 3 years ago

pro-jurassic park
premium-deadpool

#30 3 years ago

Reading through this thread is fun and just goes to show how consistently great Stern has been the last few years.

#31 3 years ago

If there's one thing this thread proves, it's that Stern is absolutely killing it.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

If there's one thing this thread proves, it's that Stern is absolutely killing it.

Minus Led Zeppelin apparently

Prem: Deadpool

#33 3 years ago

We are seeing many of the same contenders on here. I wish there was a poll attached to the thread...of course, you could say those answers are found in the top 100, i suppose.

#34 3 years ago

JP is one of the few complete feeling Pros
LZ Premium is simply awesome.

#35 3 years ago

Cool to see so many different answers - the take away for me is that all of these games are pretty awesome, depending on some of your personal preferences. I have AIQ Prem and love it. Looking for my next pin now - on the fence for a LZ Prem.

#36 3 years ago

Agreed on the pole idea.

Pro: not sure, came to find the answer
Prem:Stranger Things the new code and Cleland sound mod is a perfect combination

#37 3 years ago

Pro: Torn between TMNT and JP.
Prem: A:IQ

#38 3 years ago

Does Strangers Thing Pro play that much different then the Premium? I dont see any mention of the Pro ever being good but the Premium/LE has started to get some love.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Does Strangers Thing Pro play that much different then the Premium? I dont see any mention of the Pro ever being good but the Premium/LE has started to get some love.

I love my pro. Premium/LE differences are 95% eye candy. But it's cool eye candy and I am a bit jealous of it. Only play difference is the ball lock on the prem/LE is a magnet that holds the locked balls against the back wall. Pro briefly holds the ball on the ramp for the animation and then is just virtual. The pro allows you to re-lock a ball for a 2x super during multiball, whereas the premium allows a 3x I believe.

I am sure the projector on the prem/LE adds a lot of ambiance and immersion, but those things are not lacking at all on the pro. I have thought many times about upgrading, since I ended up liking my pro so much more than I thought I would. But in the end I just can't justify the ~2k difference for no significant gameplay difference. I could buy a pretty nice actual home theater projector for that difference! If money were no object though, I'd for sure upgrade.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Cool to see so many different answers - the take away for me is that all of these games are pretty awesome, depending on some of your personal preferences. I have AIQ Prem and love it. Looking for my next pin now - on the fence for a LZ Prem.

Led Zepp is bolted to my floor by IMDN

#41 3 years ago

The best available machine is always the one nobody wants.
But I think all pro machines that plays like a premium that misses nothing gameplay wise.
Like the 2 Keith Elwins games jp and aiq and Starwars and TMNT.
Premium machines I think AIQ and acdc and Munsters.

#42 3 years ago

If best available, means hypothetically these pinball machines are ready for shipping .... You’d be crazy not to consider:

JP premium (heavy metal haters) OR Maiden premium (dinosaur haters)
+
EHOH premium* (if you are 35+) OR DP pro

*(realize this breaks your rules, but you gotta grow up sometime)

+1 for adding a poll. If you want to try starting a new thread to link with, you could add two polls. One for pro and the other prem (I think a poll is limited 16 choices so breaking it by model it allows for single choice of a pro and single choice of prem).

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from Fliptronic:

If you could purchase 1 pro and 1 premium machine from the current batch of Sterns (not archived but currently available machines). Which pro and which premium would you choose? Kind of broad topic here but thinking my budget would allow for 2 NIBs and would like one to be the best playing pro machine and then the best premium.
Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on this --- thank you pinsiders!

I would buy DP pro, JP pro, and a tmnt or guardians pro. 3 pros are better than 1 pro and 1 premium. Also, good luck only buying 2!

#44 3 years ago

Stern has a lot of awesome pinball machines out right now. Depends on which theme you like and gameplay that fits you. I purchased the Avengers Infinity Quest Pro and then upgraded to the Premium. Both are amazing and you can not go wrong buying the Pro or Premium. If you have the money I would get the Premium.
I own Black Knight Sword of Rage Premium and do not see it ever leaving my collection. It’s a very intense and aggressive game. I love everything about the game. Black Knight Sword of Rage Premium checks everything off on my list. It always keeps me coming back for more.
I played the Deadpool Pro and Premium. Deadpool is an awesome game. I have a Deadpool pro on order. The diverter was the only thing that could have possibly swayed me toward a premium, but I could not see spending the extra money.
Also, I played the Jurassic Park pro, Iron Maiden Pro and IM Premium a good bit. They are all great games, but they did not keep my interest and I did not have the feeling of wanting more. TMNT is not one that I would buy for my collection. Latest pin I tried was Led Zeppelin Pro and Premium, but this would not be one in my collection.

Premium Choice
Avengers Infinity Quest Premium or Black Knight Sword of Rage Premium (my opinion both are awesome)

Pro Choice
Deadpool Pro
Avengers Pro

#45 3 years ago

Pro =IMDN Prem =DP....easy peasy

#46 3 years ago

Every time someone picks DP premium instead of DP pro, I scream in my head. The left loop shot is great and all but not worth $2k.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Every time someone picks DP premium instead of DP pro, I scream in my head. The left loop shot is great and all but not worth $2k.

But That left loop is so fun to hit during disco loops, disco mb, lil Deadpool supers, dazzler team up in battles, T-Rex, and so much more. It really impacts how you play the game and flow considerably. Going to the POPS every time you hit that loop would be like every mode and feature was sabertooth, that would get old quick!

Drop targets: the drops rules are used so well in the game that they can really impact shots and ball movements vs stand ups. For instance, if you’re trying to spell DEAD with stand ups the reaction to the ball is nearly the same predictable movement, but have a couple drops down with the others up, and things get tricky, instant death if you’re not careful.

Light show is all eye candy, but it’s pretty bad ass playing in a dark room when disco loops or disco multiball goes off.

All in all, I think DP PREM is one of the few games where the premium is worth the upgrade mainly because it adds so much more variety to the gameplay.

#48 3 years ago

IMHO,PRo's are 3 ball $2.00 money makers for drunks in Bars! No hate, just a opinion!!

1 week later
#49 3 years ago

TMNT..PRO..
LED ZEPP...PREMIUM

#50 3 years ago

Deadpool Pro
Avengers Infinity Quest Premium

IMG_0235 (resized).JPGIMG_0235 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/current-best-available-stern-machine-pro-and-premium?hl=pinball7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.