(Topic ID: 327167)

Curious, who is actually buying the overpriced turds?

By Irishbastard

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinszzz (resized).jpg
    5093BF1D-6E2C-4519-884D-4765A14CB9C6 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot 2022-12-09 at 8.58.14 PM (resized).png
    AEE42157-BE77-4EC7-AD3A-FF8A9B702534 (resized).png
    AFFB132F-593F-4D0B-8EEE-B54E7C45D0E8 (resized).png
    44C8EF7F-E31E-4E9F-A0A8-3D5888B89D3C (resized).jpeg
    E849E17E-4665-4FCF-8796-058A42230814 (resized).jpeg
    16705964276975393945005793076343_542308561543519 (resized).jpg
    ACDB6651-84BE-4870-98A2-920C80C35B39 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

This is not a Price thread, but more so a thread trying to understand the current ignorant stupidity....

This sure seems a lot like a price thread. It’s a thread bitching about prices and trying to find a culprit, so that maybe we can crack the code and prices will become “realistic” again, whatever that means.

Saying it isn’t a price thread doesn’t make it not a price thread.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

My main point was games no one wanted before..

Nobody wanted data east games. Then prices and scarcity on WPC games exploded, so suddenly, folks (not all of them noobs or morons) decided, hey, maybe Last Action Hero wasn’t so bad.

Rinse and Repeat. Now, shitty games like LAH go for MUCH more than they used to, and these games started to become rarer.

It was only a matter of time before the same thing filtered down to the true dregs of 90s pinball, Premier games.

Where you once could get a Waterworld for $800, now you should be prepared to spend $2500.

This isn’t exactly rocket science. But I digress, since this isn’t a “price thread” I probably shouldn’t be talking about this stuff.

#34 1 year ago

Yeah the disclaimer didn’t actually make a thread bitching about prices not a price thread. Nice try though!

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from mikeflan:

I still hate the game.

Yeah, it still sucks ass.

But, a rising tide raises all boats.

And, a rising tide raises all turds in the bowl.

And there you have an answer to the question posed in this not a price thread.

#71 1 year ago

It’s a price thread.

And it’s taught us the same important lessons as the 8,567 others:

People like buying pinball machines.

#73 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I dunno, with the amount of complaining that goes with it, I'd say people DON'T like buying pinball machines!

They don’t like when OTHER people buy pinball machines.

#77 1 year ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Fun fact: The word 'price' is mentioned in 19/74 thread posts so far.
    Carry on....

Wow, that really makes ya think.

#107 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I came into this hobby in 2009, just when all seemed lost. But then something remarkable happened, and it's quite obvious now when you think about it, that all those kids that played pinball in the 70s and 80s where now fully-grown adults with good jobs and a healthy income.
    So... demand for nostalgia increases and so do all the prices.
    The next phase is the retirement phase. These 70s and 80s kids are fast approaching old age and retirement, and their priorities are changing. So, naturally these prices will fall once again to match the value they once were, as collections are sold to fund the final stage of life - retirement, family and health.
    The 90's kids are now starting to take over but no where near the volume of the earlier generation. And the 2000 kids? All playing video games.

I’m so glad we get to rehash all of these pricing thread tropes in this not a pricing thread.

The bullshit you are saying is EXACTLY what people were saying when I got into the hobby 10 years before you did. Like, literally exactly.

In 20 years, all the pinball collectors will be old men and prices will plummet. “Just like the jukebox hobby!”

Well, here we are.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/curious-who-is-actually-buying-the-overpriced-turds?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.