11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by phishrace
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I'm curious to see what people's opinions are on getting to/completing wizard modes. Should you only be able to do it with 3 balls and no buy-in? Or are people doing it on 5 balls and buy-ins?

#2 11 years ago

3 balls no buy ins.

#3 11 years ago

I have all my games on 3 ball and have never seen any wizard mode on any of them.

#4 11 years ago

5 balls for me until I can get there

#5 11 years ago

Too me, if its done on 5 balls than it comes with an asterisk. 3 balls but with extra balls turned on should be the standard. Extra bragging rights for 3 balls with extra balls turned off.

#6 11 years ago

The general consensus is 3 balls with a max of 3 earned extra balls. No buy ins. That being said, 99.99% of the pinball population will never see wiz modes like Valinor or SDMEWM on those settings.

If someone is struggling to reach a relatively easy wiz mode (T3, Spidey), I would suggest other things first before going to 5 balls or buy ins. Decrease the rake, close the outlanes, change game settings, loosen tilt, replace white rubbers with black, don't wax the playfield, things like that.

Even at 3 balls, just getting to the wiz mode doesn't necessarily impress me. Lots of other factors to consider (see above). Getting to a wiz mode in A division at PAPA might impress me, but otherwise, I'm going to need to see you play to tell if you're a good player. I've been to the Gauntlet a few times (doubt many here even know what game that is), but always on games with very easy settings (floaty, loose tilt) and factory default 5 extra balls max. I'm not a great player. Decent, but not great.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/curious-about-wizard-mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.