• Latest reply 9 years ago by Tanooki
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0586.JPG
IMG_0587.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tanooki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Sorry no picture, but it's common I'm more certain. On my table there's what I guess would be considered like light gray vertical jagged (not rough, just the direction) lines, almost like where funk got into the wood grain and settled there. Is there much that can be done, or is this where you need to have someone professionally restore the face of the playfield? (Way over my head.) Also any recommendations on some kind of wood filler or epoxy for a small divot (round, size of arrow that used to be there) on my field just below the gold ball trigger (center target, center of board.?) And is there any kind of touch up one could do on playfield plastics? I have a few teeny spots on mine here and there thankfully in the black spots where the light pops through, oil paint maybe blended in do the job?

Also I know Novus is a popular item, between using 1-3 on the playfield, plastics, and whatever else may need it (I know 3 can work on other stuff as I've tried it) but is there much else that really needs to be done? I know 3 could cause a problem if you got aggressive on the board so I don't want to go there unless it could help with the issue mentioned above. I ended up spending a few hours here today treating Gold Ball primarily with #2 and #1 after (a few coats) with a fiber rag (that package deal from Marco Specialties) and I was shocked by a couple things. One was just how damn dirty that playfield actually was (previous owner said cleaned...right...clean) and two once I got it to where lights cast a nice reflection on the board, the ball now is so flipping fast I'm having to re-learn my timing on the thing. Is waxing or anything really needed for random home private use or am I good?

#3 9 years ago

Well here I took some pics of both things I spoke of.

I'm keeping an eye out for Gold Ball plastics since I use Home ROM v12/Bally Service Kit for the changes to those pieces so that could come in due time someday.

IMG_0586.JPGIMG_0586.JPG IMG_0587.JPGIMG_0587.JPG
#5 9 years ago

Surprisingly I already did that. I was afraid to go too hardcore on it and eat the finish away. If you feel I could go with a stronger pressure to get that out of there I'll take another whack at it, and if I do how firm?

Also...the divot where there was once an arrow. I'm not an artist, even if it was some filler, sanding, and just painting that spot black would be fine. This is my first table, possibly only at least for the time being, so whatever I can learn on how to fix these little things I'll do it. Obviously the non-black areas have all shades of reds, yellows, blues and orange and I don't see paint mixing to fix little teeny chips, but if I could fix some of the more heinous stuff I will as there's another small spot way up top where the height of the arc of the table is I could address.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tanooki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/curious-about-playfield-cleaningfixing?tu=Tanooki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.