(Topic ID: 182831)

Curiosity

By pinball_rookie

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6699 (resized).JPG

#1 7 years ago

I have a TSPP and Metallica LE. Both HUO. Both with purchase papers. Both are pristine, no fade, no wear, nothing, the Metallica is slightly moded with color display and cemetery side panels. I'm looking for a mint condition AFM. Am I giving up to much?

#2 7 years ago

Long answer: Depends on your definition of "mint."

Short answer: Yes.

#3 7 years ago

Yeah. Too much imo.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_rookie:

Am I giving up to much?

That depends on what you are giving up.

#5 7 years ago

Way too much

#6 7 years ago

I have a TSPP and Metallica LE. Both HUO. Both with purchase papers. Both are pristine, no fade, no wear, nothing, the Metallica is slightly moded with color display and cemetery side panels. I'm looking for a mint condition AFM. Am I giving up to much?

Too bad you don't have a Safe Cracker for trade, as I've got a beautiful AFM and I'm less than an hour from you.

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
    [email protected]

#7 7 years ago

Ok, instead of mint. How about very good condition AFM. Very little fade and wear.

#8 7 years ago

How about 3 way trade? Who has a Safecracker for Joe, that would like a Metallica LE, so rookie can get his AFM?

#9 7 years ago

I'll do that

#10 7 years ago

Ok, instead of mint. How about very good condition AFM. Very little fade and wear.

You still haven't mentioned how much for it.

#11 7 years ago

Need more details

IMG_6699 (resized).JPGIMG_6699 (resized).JPG

#12 7 years ago

I figure both pins together are 10k.

#13 7 years ago

I figure both pins together are 10k.

What other game besides AFM are you looking to buy?

#14 7 years ago

I guess that's why this thread is called curiosity. Because I'm sure I'm not the only one that's curious what you are talking about.

#15 7 years ago

You can get a nice unfaded afm with mods for 7-8 k usually. Or you can wait for the remake to be released. Your tspp is valued around 4-4500 and metle around 7500 . You cld probably just trade your metle for a nice afm.

#16 7 years ago

BOTH for AFM?

Negative Ghostrider. Don't do that.

AFM value has dropped over PPS's remake speculation, and now that it's happening, they'll drop more.

You'll be able to get NIB if you want.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

BOTH for AFM?
    AFM value has dropped over PPS's remake speculation, and now that it's happening, they'll drop more.

Restored originals keep their value - I don't think anyone with an HEP AFM or fully restored game is worried about price drops. They look just as nice (or better) than the NIB remakes.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Restored originals keep their value - I don't think anyone with an HEP AFM or fully restored game is worried about price drops. They look just as nice (or better) than the NIB remakes.

HEP & fully restored I agree. But you're also looking at much less of a buyer pool when you sell.

#19 7 years ago

HEP & fully restored I agree. But you're also looking at much less of a buyer pool when you sell.

True dat. But who's selling?

#20 7 years ago

Well, heck. I have a very nice AFM with no desire to sell but would trade for metle (even though I have a pro) and tspp. I think such a trade would be heavily favored toward the person with the AFM from a value perspective.

#21 7 years ago

Just to correct you have a TSPP and a Metallica PRO (Not an LE) and so yes your value of both pins together being near 10K is probably closer to accurate

#22 7 years ago

BOTH for AFM?

Dont think its dropped bc afm was never really that expensive compared to mm. It actually cld go up depending on what the remake offers and how much it is. Guess will see what plays out

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Dont think its dropped bc afm was never really that expensive compared to mm. It actually cld go up depending on what the remake offers and how much it is. Guess will see what plays out

I understand, but it HAS to drop a little. Look at how MM has dropped. Why spend $12K when you can spend $8K?

If you are a purist, yes MM may be more tempting. But getting into the hobby? You won't know the difference between MM and MMR.

Same thing as AFM and AFMR.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/curiosity?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.