Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by JDub1006
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Well I found a cure, though maybe short term, Diablo 3. I can't get enough. Instead of searching pinball forums, I now fight the demons of hell and have to say it is just as satisfying

Happy Monday people!

Todd

#2 11 years ago

My cure was to join a pinball league and start playing competitively. I stink as a player so didn't take long for me to get frustrated to the point I didn't want to even look at a pin. I'm getting back in the mood and have learned not to do that again, unless of course I *want* a cure!

As for D3, thinking of trying that myself. I'm mainly a casual gamer but have heard it's fairly accessible and not a ton of keyboard mashing.

#3 11 years ago

Yeah a Pinball League is definitely the way to go.

#4 11 years ago

Who says that pinball is an addiction? I think I have over 95 (lost count 2 years ago) pinballs but I can stop collecting any time I want to (space permitting).

#5 11 years ago

What addiction, I don't have any addiction.....

#6 11 years ago

My Diablo account been hijacked

#8 11 years ago

Isnt the first stage of addiction recovery denial?

#9 11 years ago

Um, no.

Quoted from Tlamb:

Isnt the first stage of addiction recovery denial?

#10 11 years ago

Who wants to be cured anyway???

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from AZBen:

My cure was to join a pinball league and start playing competitively. I stink as a player so didn't take long for me to get frustrated to the point I didn't want to even look at a pin. I'm getting back in the mood and have learned not to do that again, unless of course I *want* a cure!
    As for D3, thinking of trying that myself. I'm mainly a casual gamer but have heard it's fairly accessible and not a ton of keyboard mashing.

Nice collection you have Ben!!

#12 11 years ago

son a bitch i am stuck on the first boss of act 4 i stopped playing a week ago. Wrapping up max payne 3 now.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

son a bitch i am stuck on the first boss of act 4 i stopped playing a week ago. Wrapping up max payne 3 now.

Yeah, that guy is a pain. He can one shot you pretty easily. I just finished Hell mode, start Inferno last night, it is crazy hard. I ran into a group of rare/elite mobs and got destroyed time after time. I need to gear up more in Hell mode.

How was Max Payne 3?

#14 11 years ago

MP 3 is good. But if you are not rocking a 560 ti or at least a 6 core forget it. Luckily for me i have two gtx 580's and 8150 8 core bulldozer clocked to 5.25 underwater

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

MP 3 is good. But if you are not rocking a 560 ti or at least a 6 core forget it. Luckily for me i have two gtx 580's and 8150 8 core bulldozer clocked to 5.25 underwater

Damn. I just have an intel i7 (920 if I remember correctly), with a single nvidia GTX 460. I dont do a ton of PC gaming, mostly console. It is nice D3 isnt a huge system hog, I play at max settings no problem.

D3 should keep me busy for quite a while. Great bang for the buck in my opinion.

#16 11 years ago

Diablo 3 is way too easy, at least on Normal and Nightmare.

Have a L46 monk, bored to tears, frankly. The missing factor of the horadric cube sucks, I have yet to find a SINGLE legendary (wife found 2, both total crap.) or set item (wife found none also). Skills were severely dumbed down...didn't think THAT was possible...but it was. With the exception of one or two areas, it's missing the "zerg swarm" of just craptons of monsters. Maybe that will change in Hell diff...

#17 11 years ago

2 things are helping me

1. Diablo 3 - Just started and it is super fun. I didn't play the other 2 but I know these types of games, and the dumbed down skill tree is pretty weak. I hear it'll get a little better as time goes on but so few choices!

2. Pinball prices. Doesn't affect my playing, but certainly the buying part of addiction.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Diablo 3 is way too easy, at least on Normal and Nightmare.
    Have a L46 monk, bored to tears, frankly. The missing factor of the horadric cube sucks, I have yet to find a SINGLE legendary (wife found 2, both total crap.) or set item (wife found none also). Skills were severely dumbed down...didn't think THAT was possible...but it was. With the exception of one or two areas, it's missing the "zerg swarm" of just craptons of monsters. Maybe that will change in Hell diff...

I agree with this. It has definitely been dumbed down, but all in all, it is pretty fun to play. Solo is boring to me, but it is great to play with friends.

I am 60 Demon Hunter, and have yet to see any Legendary items either, from what I read, there are magic items (blues) much better than Legendary items, which just seems stupid to me.

#19 11 years ago

Cure??? pffft!
    I'll just wait patiently for death...

#20 11 years ago

Cure?!? I don't have any idea. Guess I just keep throwing $ at it till I have them all. "Gotta buy em all, pinball !"

Edit: D3 is a bandaid at best. lvl50 wiz. Merely a distraction at the moment lol

#21 11 years ago

I have been enjoying the Auction House in D3 immensely... if only I could buy pins with D3 gold

#22 11 years ago

Currently playing Pinball Arcade and Shift 2 until the PS3 DLC is released for PB Arcade.

#23 11 years ago

Work. Prison. Starvation.

#24 11 years ago

Hi my name is Scooter and I am a Pinball addict.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

Hi my name is Scooter and I am a Pinball addict.

LMAO!!!! "Hi Scooter" (from the room full of people).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cure-for-pinball-addition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.