5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 211 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by treborlicec
  • Topic is favorited by 78 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 63 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

010 (resized).jpg
    jasco (resized).jpeg
    IMG-4510 (resized).JPG
    20190129_182053 (resized).jpg
    20190123_234308 (resized).jpg
    20190121_162536 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180718_170134244_HDR (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180717_125921775 (resized).jpg
    20171219_072613 (resized).jpg
    20171218_205455 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7121 (resized).JPG
    2017-03-03 17.18.16 (resized).jpg
    TOM_170128 - 2 (resized).png
    IMG_9673 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8305 (resized).JPG
    2016_TOM_160115b - 3 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #6 Example of some legs cleaned with evaporust Posted by Cheddar (5 years ago)

Post #8 Side by side example photo of evaporust cleaning Posted by futurepinhead (5 years ago)

Post #22 Links to US vendors who sell evaporust Posted by KenLayton (5 years ago)

Post #24 Suggestions on step wise process for evaporust Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #78 Review of 'Metal Rescue' alternative Posted by PhilGreg (3 years ago)

Post #98 Another set of leg comparison photos Posted by jeffc (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

That shit works.

1 month later
    #27 5 years ago

Again - if you have not tried this stuff you are missing out. It frigging works.
    Had a nasty lockdown bar on my High hand project - made a dip tube from a 4" PVC tube & dunked it overnight. Holy crap! it's magic!
    Probably will spray it with some clear sealer to prevent future rusting.

1 year later
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Definitely release the gas pressure from the pvc pipe each night. I let mine sit over the weekend because I was busy. When I went to pick up the pipe, the bottom cap popped right off. I lost a gallon all over the garage.

Improper glue job on the bottom cap. No way that should have come off with that little pressure.

1 week later
    #58 3 years ago

I'm thinking about using some sort of heat wrap on my PVC tube for Evaporust, as it's cold out in my garage this time of year.
    Has anyone done this, & what type did you use?

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Wouldn't it be a bit easier to just take them in the house?

Yeah, but my wife would have a fit.

I think something like this - http://www.homebrewing.org/Carboy-Heater_p_1732.html - might just be the ticket.

11 months later
    #116 2 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Where do you guys get your PVC - will a place like Home Depot cut to size for you? Was looking at lucite tubs but ones long enough for parts like lock bars have huge capacity (10 gallons+)
    For pieces with both rust and gunk, do you recommend soaking in simple green first before evaporust?

An industrial plumbing supply place would be better/cheaper than Home despot. Schedule 40 PVC pipe is what you want.

Yes, just spray your gunky parts with simple green, scrub with brush & rinse them off before soaking in Evaporust. The less gunk that's on them, the better Evaporust will work. Also - Evaporust works better in warmer temps (above 65-deg). I wrap my PVC tube with a reptile warming pad when soaking on a cool garage.

1 month later
    #137 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Just joined the cult, let my toasted coindoor sit overnight.
    Before

After:

Any recommendations for coating the door to make it look nice and shiny without spending more than $20?

Rustoleum makes a satin nickel paint that looks pretty good. I have been using it for stuff like the backside of coin doors & stepper frames after de-rusting them with Evaporust. Not sure how it would hold up on the exterior door, but Chicago coin used to paint their doors & they held up fairly well.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-Universal-11-oz-All-Surface-Metallic-Satin-Nickel-Spray-Paint-and-Primer-in-One-Case-of-6-249130/202070467

4 months later
    #157 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lame33:

Just became a cult member. This is not an elaborate hoax; the pictures are real! I saw the before and after pics, but in the back of my mind was the tickle of a doubt. No more. I'm now looking for other stuff to dunk.

It's good shit, Maynard

7 months later
    #180 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Some of the product videos show it not affecting decals and paint. I don't know if I'd be the first to try it though.

Has no effect on paint that I could tell.

1 year later
    #198 8 months ago
    Quoted from sandman74:

What to do with these sad legs with paint on top of rust? I'm eager to join the cult, but what other miracle product should I use to remove the paint first? A stiff wire brush has been ok but labor intensive.
    [quoted image]

Jasco paint stripper
    jasco (resized).jpeg

#200 8 months ago

Just use rubber gloves, eye protection, & proper ventilation when using the stuff. I use it for stripping cabinets - works great & no worries about sanding that lead based paint.
    Brush it on, let it sit for a while, & use course steel wool to remove paint, then rinse with water & Evaporust away.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 156.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 32.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 109.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.00
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 199.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 109.99
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 17.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    BK Pinball
    € 279.00
    $ 16.00
    Tools
    PinballSolutions.eu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside