(Topic ID: 154147)

Cueball Wizard switch help

By KornFreak28

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

It's the switch underneath the apron, not the outhole switch.

#6 8 years ago

The game's on location so I don't have access to it. The switch should only register continuity (beep) when you press it and it clicks. Sounds like yours is stuck closed.

#11 8 years ago

As I said before, it's the same part. Steve sent me that part number. That's the only place I know of that stocks them, though (or did).

#15 8 years ago

There may be a problem with the way you're testing the switch. Gottlieb games use a weird hybrid switch/lamp matrix, but I am not familiar with the switch matrix and how it is wired on Gottliebs. Yes the switch could be causing an intermittent connection when the ball is ejected into the shooter lane causing it to "flutter." This prevent the CPU from properly ejecting the ball. I adjusted my old switch once to where it doesn't do this, ran about 20 or 30 test ejects during a game. It didn't last, so I got the suggested replacement from PBResource and that fixed it permanently. It's one of those weird things that's just hard to reproduce. Replacing the switch is the only solution.

By the way, no need to bump the thread 3 times every time you post, I and others have other things to do besides Pinside. That's all I know on the subject, hope you find what you're looking for.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bloomington, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cueball-wizard-switch-help?tu=Crash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.