By KornFreak28

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hello!

Any Cueball Wizard owners out there that can help me find "Trough switch" # 41?

I really really need this switch....already tried PR but it is out of stock or not made anymore. Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

It's the switch underneath the apron, not the outhole switch.

#3 8 years ago

Yes yes, not the outhole switch

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

It's the switch underneath the apron, not the outhole switch.

Hey crash, can you do me a big favor please?

Can you test your new switch with the dmm? So I can compare to mine?

Basically mine, is always open. When I test the leads used by the connector, the dmm starts beeping but the beeping does not stop when I push the actuator down, it just keeps beeping. I just wanted to compare to yours. Let me know thanks!

#5 8 years ago

Is your switch always open or always closed? Thanks

#6 8 years ago

The game's on location so I don't have access to it. The switch should only register continuity (beep) when you press it and it clicks. Sounds like yours is stuck closed.

#7 8 years ago

Is there any way to fix that? Thanks

#8 8 years ago

Was your old bad switch the same as mine?

#9 8 years ago

Im sooo confused here...if its bad and stuck closed, why Am I able to play the game? With only the occational ball not feed to shooter lane

#10 8 years ago

How Did you and steve come up with that part number for the switch?

#11 8 years ago

As I said before, it's the same part. Steve sent me that part number. That's the only place I know of that stocks them, though (or did).

#12 8 years ago

Can you please answer the other questions up on top? Thanks

#13 8 years ago

If the switch is bad or stuck closed, how come I can still play the game? Please guide me on this one. Very confused about this one

#14 8 years ago

The switch registers in test mode fine. I did the test pushing the actuator down 20 times in test mode and it registered all 20 times...you still think its bad?

#15 8 years ago

There may be a problem with the way you're testing the switch. Gottlieb games use a weird hybrid switch/lamp matrix, but I am not familiar with the switch matrix and how it is wired on Gottliebs. Yes the switch could be causing an intermittent connection when the ball is ejected into the shooter lane causing it to "flutter." This prevent the CPU from properly ejecting the ball. I adjusted my old switch once to where it doesn't do this, ran about 20 or 30 test ejects during a game. It didn't last, so I got the suggested replacement from PBResource and that fixed it permanently. It's one of those weird things that's just hard to reproduce. Replacing the switch is the only solution.

By the way, no need to bump the thread 3 times every time you post, I and others have other things to do besides Pinside. That's all I know on the subject, hope you find what you're looking for.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

There may be a problem with the way you're testing the switch. Gottlieb games use a weird hybrid switch/lamp matrix, but I am not familiar with the switch matrix and how it is wired on Gottliebs. Yes the switch could be causing an intermittent connection when the ball is ejected into the shooter lane causing it to "flutter." This prevent the CPU from properly ejecting the ball. I adjusted my old switch once to where it doesn't do this, ran about 20 or 30 test ejects during a game. It didn't last, so I got the suggested replacement from PBResource and that fixed it permanently. It's one of those weird things that's just hard to reproduce. Replacing the switch is the only solution.
By the way, no need to bump the thread 3 times every time you post, I and others have other things to do besides Pinside. That's all I know on the subject, hope you find what you're looking for.

First of all, thank you very much for your help. It is very much appreciated.

Second of all, sorry I didnt mean to offend you by bumping the thread. It was not done on purpose. Questions started popping in my mind and just posted them. I know you have other stuff to do besides pinside. I have other stuff to do too.

Sorry for saying this but, if you are answering a question here on pinside, it means that you are making time for pinside, correct? so I really don't understand why you would tell me "you and others have other things to do besides Pinside"

Having said that, thank you again for all of your help. Peace.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bloomington, IL
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cueball-wizard-switch-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.