Cueball Wizard acting weird!

By KornFreak28

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hello fellow pinsiders! Need your help!

i was playing the cueball wizard and it started acting strange for no reason. The first weird thing it did was when I started a new game, and as soon as the ball went to the shooter rod, the 8 ball on the top playfield was shot and it said "nice shot" Even though i hadn't even touched the shooter rod to eject the ball.

The second weird thing it did: When i got to "multiball" you know how the first ball is kept captive in the ramp waiting for you to shoot the second ball? Well as soon as the second ball was on the rod, and before i shot it, the machine said "heehaw what a shot" and i could see the lights registering as if i had struck the cue ball into those lower targets even though the steel ball was still in the shoter lane.

The third thing it did, when i drained the 4th ball, and the 5th ball is always multiball but only after you shot the first ball and then it is kept captive on the ramp. Well this time, as soon as the 1st ball in multiball (5th ball) was in the shooter's lane, the machine said "multiball" and the second ball was placed on the shooter lane on top of the first ball. Basically the machine is registering hits on targets when the ball is not even in play!

The machine kept playing great after these issues and i wouldn't do it every game i played. That was pretty weird. What do you guys think is causing that? Thanks so much.

#2 8 years ago

This game uses a weird hybrid switch/lamp matrix. It can be difficult to diagnose issues. Did you replace any bulbs or lamp sockets lately? Any switch diodes?

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

This game uses a weird hybrid switch/lamp matrix. It can be difficult to diagnose issues. Did you replace any bulbs or lamp sockets lately? Any switch diodes?

No, all I did was replace the flipper buttons, something must of gotten loose while I lifted and lowered the playfield, which was a big struggle

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bloomington, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cueball-wizard-acting-weird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.