(Topic ID: 239930)

Cue Ball Wizard....are the 9-15 balls supposed to light like the 1-8?

By Oldschool77

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cue (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

So I’ve only had Cue Ball Wizard for a couple days now and the machine plays great, but my OCD is peaked because the balls 9-15 lights on the right side above the drop targets don't light as the targets are hit like the left side 1-8 do. The targets register, score, and the ball lights strobe back and forth in unison when the left side does when it's called for during game play and during attract mode. I looked at a couple vids online and it appears to be "normal" what am i missing?? Is there a mode that i haven’t gotten to yet that causes them to light individually when the corresponding drop target is hit like the left side??

Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

Try playing a 2 player game. If it is like my 8 ball and my 8 ball champ, player 1 shoots for stripes and player 3 shooots for solids.

#3 5 years ago

Correction: player 2 shoots for solids

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from woodrailwizard:

Correction: player 2 shoots for solids

Ok thanks! And i think you had it right the first time, solids are on the left, and they are what are responsive when i play a game. When i get home I’ll try a two player game.

cue (resized).jpgcue (resized).jpg
#5 5 years ago

Tried a two player game tonite and there was no change during player two.

#6 5 years ago

If you can find an owner's manual, it will explain the scoring.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Oldschool77:

Is there a mode that i haven’t gotten to yet that causes them to light individually when the corresponding drop target is hit like the left side??
Thanks!

Here's how it works (single player game): The game starts with shoot for solids bank, strobing the 1-8 ball lamps. Hitting a drop target makes the corresponding ball lamp solid above it, strobing the remaining uncomplete targets in the solids bank After you have completed the solids drop targets, shooting the eight ball (hitting the cue ball launches eight ball with cue toy into the red-blue-yellow targets) the bank switches to stripes with the callout "shoot for stripes". They light the same way as the solids, the lamps chase strobe, and hitting a drop target makes the corresponding ball lamp above it continuously on.

Sounds like all your lamps are working. Do you get the callout and the strobing of 9-15 lamps? Have you done a complete switch test, especially all drops, side pocket targets and red-blue-yellow targets? Full lamp function tests? I'm in tournament mode with the switch for freeplay set with everything else at defaults...perhaps you have some setting that is different?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Here's how it works (single player game): The game starts with shoot for solids bank, strobing the 1-8 ball lamps. Hitting a drop target makes the corresponding ball lamp solid above it, strobing the remaining uncomplete targets in the solids bank After you have completed the solids drop targets, shooting the eight ball (hitting the cue ball launches eight ball with cue toy into the red-blue-yellow targets) the bank switches to stripes with the callout "shoot for stripes". They light the same way as the solids, the lamps chase strobe, and hitting a drop target makes the corresponding ball lamp above it continuously on.
Sounds like all your lamps are working. Do you get the callout and the strobing of 9-15 lamps? Have you done a complete switch test, especially all drops, side pocket targets and red-blue-yellow targets? Full lamp function tests? I'm in tournament mode with the switch for freeplay set with everything else at defaults...perhaps you have some setting that is different?

Thanks for the full explanation!! My settings are the same as yours, so i think i just haven't played it well enough or long enough to switch it over to the other side yet. I'm shopping it out this weekend, so i'm gonna run all my tests at the same time, but i'll verify by hand tonite that it shifts as you described so i'm not chasing my tail.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

This was it! I just hadn't played it enough yet to get to that point. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bloomington, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cue-ball-wizardare-the-9-15-balls-supposed-to-light-like-the-1-8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.