image.jpg
image-16.jpg
image-332.jpg
image-973.jpg
image.jpg
image-213.jpg
image.jpg
image-16.jpg
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Hello, I'm Luke and I am working on my first pin. I picked up a Cue Ball Wizard with a hacked up harness that I am repairing. I found that the wiring that goes to the two strips of pool ball lights on the sides is completely missing. I was wondering If anyone had any pictures of which wires go to which pins on the Molex connectors, and also how they are routed through the machine back to the main harness under the playfield. I realize I am asking alot, and I thank you for your help. I have uploaded a pic of what I am talking about also, the connectors missing are highlighted in blue. Thanks!missing harness pbw.jpgmissing harness pbw.jpg

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from blizzardrunner:

I was wondering If anyone had any pictures of which wires go to which pins on the Molex connectors, and also how they are routed through the machine back to the main harness under the playfield.

missing harness pbw.jpg 88 KB

Hi Luke,

When I get home, I will take as many pics as you need. 6 pm eastern i'll post them for you.

#3 9 years ago

Awesome sir, thank you very much! I am assuming that it will meet up with the rest of the harness under the top left side of the playfield, as that is where all my cut wires seem to be. If it is not too much to ask, could I get a shot of where my missing wires connect back to the harness? Here is where I am assuming it meets up judging by the hacked up wiring. Dont mind the wire nuts, they are temporary until it works correctly and then they will be fixed right.
0203151626.jpg0203151626.jpg

#4 9 years ago

I am assuming that it will meet up with the rest of the harness under the top left side of the playfield, as that is where all my cut wires seem to be. If it is not too much to ask, could I get a shot of where my missing wires connect back to the harness?

0203151626.jpg 132 KB

Not a problem.

#5 9 years ago

Also, Do you have the manual for the machine?

#6 9 years ago

Yes,got one from Pinball Resource as soon as I bought it. I would be completely lost without it!

#7 9 years ago

This is the 1-7 side first. It's a lot harder than I thought to get nice clear pics.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-450.jpgimage-450.jpg image-948.jpgimage-948.jpg image-16.jpgimage-16.jpg
#8 9 years ago

This is the best thing about pinside! Helping out other peeps in a jam. Bravo!

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

This is the best thing about pinside! Helping out other peeps in a jam. Bravo!

You said it Rich. That's what it's all about.

#10 9 years ago

Awesome! Thank you very much, especially for the wiring at the connectors! I knew it was gonna be hard to get those pics! I really appreciate it!

#11 9 years ago

Luke, if you look at the 2nd pic from the top, the colors go from top left. Your left. 2 red/gray's, yellow/blue,2 gray/browns then 2 gray/oranges. That's the top 4 pins.

Bottom 4 from your left : 2 gray/yellows, 2 gray/blues, 2 gray/violets then 2 gray/greens.

#12 9 years ago

RampShot11- How do you like this game? I am thinking of trying to get one? I love the Gottliebs!

#13 9 years ago

N

Quoted from blizzardrunner:Awesome! Thank you very much, especially for the wiring at the connectors! I knew it was gonna be hard to get those pics! I really appreciate it!

No prob. So you can see the wiring clear? Tell me if you can't and I'll read them off. Now you need the other side right ?

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

RampShot11- How do you like this game? I am thinking of trying to get one? I love the Gottliebs!

I love it!!! I think it's one of the most underrated pins out there. It's relatively easy but still challenging enough. The 9 ball play after the final round is awesome! They have it on the pinball arcade if you want to try it first. You have playstation or Xbox ?

#15 9 years ago

Naw no video console but I think Im going to look into the CBW after I finish my TX Sector.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

Naw no video console but I think Im going to look into the CBW after I finish my TX Sector.

It's also available on the iPhone , iPad and android.

#17 9 years ago

This is the other side but I cannot get the lamp board to unscrew , they bothe just keep spinning so I'm gonna have to loosen the main ramp to get a better shot of the connecter. Will have to try later , gotta get my daughter to bed first. Here is the best pic I could get right now

image.jpgimage.jpg image-213.jpgimage-213.jpg
#18 9 years ago

Thanks, the pictures help, and I appreciate you reading them off like that. From there I should be able to pinpoint them on the schematic and figure out where each lead comes from. I've never played this one, I knew I wanted an early 90's DMD game with nice features at a project price. Can't wait to get it working again!

#19 9 years ago

Thanks, the pictures help, and I appreciate you reading them off like that. From there I should be able to pinpoint them on the schematic and figure out where each lead comes from. I've never played this one, I knew I wanted an early 90's DMD game with nice features at a project price. Can't wait to get it working again!

You will love it I'm sure. You need any parts? I have a bunch for it.

#20 9 years ago

Yeah, actually I have a list of parts. need the flippers, cabinet buttons for the flippers, u8 chip, opto board (MA-1558), another board (MA-1334) and if you notice in my pic in the first post, the shaft for the 8 ball motor is sticking up through the playfield. I have the blue plastic piece that holds the 8 ball, but nothing else, no kicker. Happen to have any of that?

#21 9 years ago

Unless you already have it all back together, would you mind reading them off like you did with the first pic? It helped me verify what I was seeing, as it is kinda hard to tell how many stripes of which color there are. Thanks!

#22 9 years ago

Unless you already have it all back together, would you mind reading them off like you did with the first pic? It helped me verify what I was seeing, as it is kinda hard to tell how many stripes of which color there are. Thanks!

Yes, I never got around to loosening the ramp to access that connecter, but I will when I get home later.

#23 9 years ago

Yeah, actually I have a list of parts. need the flippers, cabinet buttons for the flippers, u8 chip, opto board (MA-1558), another board (MA-1334) and if you notice in my pic in the first post, the shaft for the 8 ball motor is sticking up through the playfield. I have the blue plastic piece that holds the 8 ball, but nothing else, no kicker. Happen to have any of that?

I have the plunger for the 8 ball and the mini cue stick. Also have the coil and sleeve for the 8 ball shooter. The bracket that attaches to the shaft I do not have but someone should have it in stock. I'll look for it and let you know.

#24 9 years ago

Ok, great! I believe all I need is the bracket, coil, and sleeve. I actually have the mini cue stick ( although it could use some TLC). Any idea how much you want for the coil and sleeve?

#25 9 years ago

Ok, great! I believe all I need is the bracket, coil, and sleeve. I actually have the mini cue stick ( although it could use some TLC). Any idea how much you want for the coil and sleeve?

Your going to need that main bracket too and I have no idea who has it. That one might be a s.o.b. to find. Any of the suppliers I checked today, did not have it. I'll take a pic later of it for you. I'll be home in 20 mins and I'll send you some more pics.

#26 9 years ago

The bracket that attaches to the shaft from the motor. That is important. Do you have it?

image.jpgimage.jpg image-973.jpgimage-973.jpg image-332.jpgimage-332.jpg image-16.jpgimage-16.jpg
#27 9 years ago

Connecter for the 9-15. Looks to be the same connecter as the other side.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-910.jpgimage-910.jpg image-344.jpgimage-344.jpg image-239.jpgimage-239.jpg
#28 9 years ago

Awesome pics! Thanks, no unfortunately I don't have that bracket... it looks pretty simple though, from the pics. Maybe I can make one if I can't find one...

#29 9 years ago

I knew something would pop up like that eventually, a hard to find part missing...

#30 9 years ago

I knew something would pop up like that eventually, a hard to find part missing...

I know. I'll keep an eye out for it for you. You need the colors red off to you on this connecter ?

#31 9 years ago

Awesome pics! Thanks, no unfortunately I don't have that bracket... it looks pretty simple though, from the pics. Maybe I can make one if I can't find one...

If you can weld you might be able to make one out of a few different coil brackets. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll get the exact measurements and take better pics. I would find out the exact part number and call Steve. He might be able to help.

#32 9 years ago

Cool I just saw this post , I would love to send you my dmd power supply , would you test it in your machine ?

#33 9 years ago

Yes, if you wouldnt mind reading them off, that would be helpful. It is hard to know for sure the difference between orange/orange/ purple and orange / purple/purple, etc. just from the pictures. They do help though! Thanks, I will look for the bracket. If I can't find it then I will ask for the dimensions and set off fabricating one.

Thanks!

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Dawson:

Cool I just saw this post , I would love to send you my dmd power supply , would you test it in your machine ?

Sure, pm me.

#35 9 years ago

Yes, if you wouldnt mind reading them off, that would be helpful. It is hard to know for sure the difference between orange/orange/ purple and orange / purple/purple, etc. just from the pictures. They do help though! Thanks, I will look for the bracket. If I can't find it then I will ask for the dimensions and set off fabricating one.
Thanks!

No problem. I will try to head home around lunch, but if not I will read them off when I get out of work.
Also, I'll post the pictures of the dimensions of the bracket just in case.

#36 9 years ago

Ok, no rush I probably won't get a chance to work on it again until tomm. night or saturday anyway. With the bracket dimensions I should be good to go. How does it mount to the shaft is it just a set screw? Thanks!

#37 9 years ago

Ok, no rush I probably won't get a chance to work on it again until tomm. night or saturday anyway. With the bracket dimensions I should be good to go. How does it mount to the shaft is it just a set screw? Thanks!

Yes it has a round collar with a set screw. I'll try to get a close pic of it for you.

#38 9 years ago

Colors on second connecter from top left , red/gray, yellow/violet, brown/gray then orange/gray.
Bottom row from left to right. Yellow/gray, blue/gray, violet/gray then green/gray.

#39 9 years ago

Thanks!

#40 9 years ago

Un related question... what happens if my sound board has sound chips from a street fighter??

Will I have no sound at all? Or will my CBW be yelling at me to "shoot the flipper!"?

#41 9 years ago

Un related question... what happens if my sound board has sound chips from a street fighter??
Will I have no sound at all? Or will my CBW be yelling at me to "shoot the flipper!"?

You need to get the correct CBW sound roms.

#42 9 years ago

Call Steve, he probably has them.

#43 9 years ago

Sound roms and auxiliary sound roms.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-452.jpgimage-452.jpg image-102.jpgimage-102.jpg
#44 9 years ago

I have some sets of those green drop target decals if anybody needs. Costs postal from Finland, Europe. PM if interested

#45 9 years ago

Anybody out there have a hacked up system 3 harness? Need one of these opto board plugs... IMG_20150209_195122_550.jpgIMG_20150209_195122_550.jpg

#46 9 years ago

Is this the board you were referring to? This is the original Driver board I switched out.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#47 9 years ago

I believe it is, but I won't be able to say for sure until this weekend. I did not take any pictures last time I was there..

#48 9 years ago

Yes that is the board from game 735 in mine. Also the sound boards are from 735.

1 week later
#49 9 years ago

Bit of an update, not much got done but I did get the lights wired up thanks to RampShot11. I just got a box of parts from PBR, and have put a few missing switches back on. I need to make another list of parts and make a few more orders. Will post pics when something big happens! Thanks everyone!

#50 9 years ago

Anyone have any tips for removing the sound PROMs from the boards? I'm not sure if mine are just stuck fast or if there is a special tool I need or something. I cant get them to budge and I do not want to damage anything. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bloomington, IL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cue-ball-wizard-wiring-harness and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.